It is good or not?

lafountain

Thanks for the link, but it looks like those are Indo-Edges.

*sigh* looks like getting REAL Edges is a hopeless cause.

My understanding is you should never buy Indo-Edges, and Premiers are much more worth the money than them.

If you read 2010-2011 it's not an Indoedge...there we no Indoegdes made until the 2011-12 season. I'm just curious about why you think they are Indoedge?

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What don't you like about the selection of Oilers Edge jerseys on MeiGray? They have a ton priced from $225 to $250. Only wish there were that many Rangers, but they're no longer with MeiGray.

Also you can remove the name and numbers of the game issued jerseys at MeiGray. Its a common practice, people buy the jerseys that were unworn, remove the name and number and add what they actually want. Its a great way to get very hard to find jerseys at good prices.

Oh, sorry. Yeah I guess most of those are Real Edges. I thought they looked Indo by the tags inside the collar. The Indo Jerseys are all different and revamped now.

BTW, I really hate those Oilers jersey designs. I only really like the new Retro design. I also like the old CCM designs, but I hate the way CCM jerseys feel. Then again, the only one I have and tried is a replica, so maybe the real authentic CCMs feel different.

At this time I also wouldn't mind getting a Canucks or Habs jersey. And later Wings and Flyers. Starting next season, come SCF I might always buy a jersey to support the team I want to win out of the final two remaining teams.

Are these guys legit? http://myworld.ebay.com/rocky-mountain-sports-inc/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

I don't know why you say REAL EDGES can only be found on ebay.... I see now that the links from the stores you sent do have some Canadian Edges. I looked around JerseyExpress, and unless they're lying, most of them are Real Canadian Edge. Some of them are also Indo-Edge.

BTW, I think I probably need a size 56. I'm wearing a size XL Premier. I could use a bit more space though, but it does fit really good. Then again, a Large CCM does fit me fairly well too.

My problem with Meigray for Oilers jerseys is a number of things...

I don't really want CCM jerseys, or the old designs which were the same as the CCM ones.

As for the newer designs, I only like the RETRO designs.... I hate the other design which they began using shortly after their 2006 Cup loss.

For all teams, I'm not too fond of the selection of players they have. I guess I need to look harder.

I'm not going to go to all this trouble with removing names and numbers, either. I'm not going to bother doing customization myself. I'm not that into this hobby, not yet any way. I don't want to goto the trouble.

If I order from a site though, I don't mind waiting like a month to get customization done.

Thanks for the site links. I'll probably end up ordering from JerseyExpress.

EDIT: I definitely don't want any kind of practice jersey, either. If it's a preseason jersey it has to be exactly the same as Game jerseys. I want the same thing worn on TV.

Edited by StayFrosy

If you only want a retro design, you've pretty much ruled out every possibility of getting one in a Canadian-made Edge. The white road retros are 2011/12 only, and therefore the retails are Indo-Edge. MeiGray would basically be the only source of Canadian white retros, but you've ruled them out because you don't want to strip the jersey. The retail blue home retros are also Indo-Edge for this year, and it will be very hard to find leftover older vector ones, if they were ever available. So if you're going to order through Jersey Express, your only choices are Indo-Edge or Premier (both made in Indonesia).

This one says made in Canada, as do quite a few others...

http://www.jerseyexpress.com/nhl/edmonton-oilers-jerseys/reebok-edge-authentic-edmonton-oilers-road-jersey.html

Are they lying?

I think I've also seen a few legit ones on ebay.

The "Retros" are the Oilers current main jerseys, and have been for a couple season now, I think.

StayFrosy

I wear an XL premier and a 52 in the 1.0s.

Also, you're pigeon holing yourself too much and being way too picky. If you're not THAT invested in the hobby, you have a few options:

-If you really want a retro jersey, put in a smidge of extra work and enjoy it more. If you refuse to do that, buy a premier or an IndoEdge. If you're not that into this, it won't matter to you.

-If you don't want to do the work or don't want a lesser quality, you're going to have to settle for an older style. They're plentiful.

As for your fear of eBay, throw it in the "Good or Not" thread and someone will help you. You'll eventually learn and be self sufficient. If you're teetering like you seem to be, you really can't expect as much as you're looking for with this current market. We all have to put in the work to get our jerseys right, especially if we want a 2011-12 jersey. Just the way it is man. I have a wordmarked Flyers coming in tomorrow that I busted my Arse getting right, and you know what? It's a beautiful jersey, I couldn't be happier, and I know it was worth it. It's not THAT much effort man, once you learn. Getting is customized properly for me is literally going 2 miles down the road, ordering a kit, sending it to Brilliant on here when it gets in and waiting for the mailman.

As for your jerseyexpress inquiry, they're dead wrong. It's Indo. NHL.com was doing the same thing, some retailers don't know the difference or don't realize it.

The Home Jersey also says Made in Canada:

http://www.jerseyexpress.com/nhl/edmonton-oilers-jerseys/reebok-edge-authentic-edmonton-oilers-home-jersey.html

I don't see how they could pull off a lie like this. The Premier jersey I got says "Made in Indonesia" right on the collar tag, as does an IndoEdge I saw in person. So I don't see how they could get away with a lie like this.

I don't think it's a question of Jersey Express lying, it's more like ignorance. They simply just don't know where it was made. I think many of these models may be out of stock now so they don't have anything to refer to.

Why did Brandon refer me to JerseyExpress if they're Indo? I specifically said I don't want Indo.

It seems there's a lot of conflicting information on these boards... to be honest it really makes me question if I should care whether or not I'm wearing a fake ripoff jersey. As many people note, thousands of people are seen wearing fakes to games. So I don't see what the big deal is.

I don't WANT to wear fakes, but I'm just not seeing much continuity regarding the information about Jerseys.

As for Oilers "Retro" Jerseys... I'm talking about their CURRENT jerseys. Their current design is a nostalgia retro design. Same as my Smyth Premier jersey I posted pics of.

Let me start over. I feel like I may as well repost my entire question post I asked earlier.

Where can you find REAL AuthenticEdge jerseys, MADE IN CANADA?

This is ridiculous. It sounds like you can't trust any site that they aren't giving you an IndoEdge. Even worse, they say if they do customization for you, they won't give you a refund.

I'm VERY, VERY confused right now. Sorry if I sound rude. It sounds like I should just stick to buying Premiers at stores in my city, even if they're going to cost me $200+.

EDIT: I believe the current Oilers "Retro" jersey was also produced with the older vector logo. It's been around for a while.

The "Retros" are the Oilers current main jerseys, and have been for a couple season now, I think.

Only the blue home retro jersey has been around for a few years; the white was introduced only this season.

The Home Jersey also says Made in Canada:

http://www.jerseyexpress.com/nhl/edmonton-oilers-jerseys/reebok-edge-authentic-edmonton-oilers-home-jersey.html

I don't see how they could pull off a lie like this. The Premier jersey I got says "Made in Indonesia" right on the collar tag, as does an IndoEdge I saw in person. So I don't see how they could get away with a lie like this.

My gosh, the picture has a "jock tag" on the jersey; those are only on the Premiers.

I understand now that you want to limit your jersey search to a Retro Edge. Blue? White? The whites will be harder to get since they are from only this past season.

I appreciate that you don't want to do too much of the work yourself. You want to find a turn-key offer where you might buy the Canadian-sewn blank and have it customized, kind of regardless of the time or expense involved.

I will only add/suggest that you could easily get this jersey, which comes close to your criteria, and invest about an hour with the old seam ripper, remove nameplate and numbers and have a genuine customizable blank:

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=4724861&catLevel=1&scLevel=1&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=4213&catParentID=4532&scId=4532

And finally, if you "want the same thing worn on TV" do not even consider the Premiers.

Good luck!

Why did Brandon refer me to JerseyExpress if they're Indo? I specifically said I don't want Indo.

Brandon showed you the 2010/11 jerseys which, unless there is a mistake on the part of Jersey Express, are indeed the Canadian Edges. He said this before any of us knew you didn't want the non-retro models.

It seems there's a lot of conflicting information on these boards... to be honest it really makes me question if I should care whether or not I'm wearing a fake ripoff jersey. As many people note, thousands of people are seen wearing fakes to games. So I don't see what the big deal is.

I don't WANT to wear fakes, but I'm just not seeing much continuity regarding the information about Jerseys.

We as a community try to relay information to each other, and sometimes that means conflicting news occurs. However, we all try our best to make sure our information is correct before we post.

If you don't see what the big deal is with fake jerseys, then wear it like the other fans you see at the arena. I am sure other members, including myself have tried to tell other fans to buy legitimate jerseys to support their team, but many of them just say, "I don't care, as long as it's cheap." There is nothing more I can say. You posted a fake jersey a couple of days ago, and many from the start agreed and told you it was a fake. However, you went in circles trying to prove it otherwise and frankly, if you want to do that, then be my guest.

As for Oilers "Retro" Jerseys... I'm talking about their CURRENT jerseys. Their current design is a nostalgia retro design. Same as my Smyth Premier jersey I posted pics of.

To be honest, the first couple of times you posted your jersey, we couldn't see the pictures, so I can see where the confusion is. However, most did see it in the end. Another point you need to consider is not everyone visits or keeps track of each thread, so they could have missed it.

I'm VERY, VERY confused right now. Sorry if I sound rude. It sounds like I should just stick to buying Premiers at stores in my city, even if they're going to cost me $200+.

The bottom line is you may do whatever you feel like. If you want to stick to buying Premiers, then be our guest.

We as a community is just trying to answer your questions, but it seems like you are putting a lot of limitations that we can't avoid.

Ok... look. I'll try to make things simpler.

I doubt I'll collect only Edge Jerseys. But I do want at least one Edge jersey. Besides this fact, I don't have a problem with Premiers and I realize they are NOT what the players wear on ice. Premiers are good, since they're much cheaper. My problem with buying an IndoEdge is that it costs so much money when it isn't even the real thing. It's a scam on the part of greedy Reebok who clearly moved to Indonesia because the people there will work for cheaper, or even do child labor.

(Note: I still don't get the IndoEdge thing, because I've heard on other sites that NHL players are in fact wearing Indonesia jerseys and are pissed off about it).

I don't really care if I get the Oilers Retro home or road jersey. Thing is, I'm not looking to buy right away, and I'm just looking for options for in the near future.

I do not want a BLANK jersey. I definitely want a name on it. Thing is, I'm not even sure who Ryan Stone is, but I guess it doesn't matter that much. I don't care that much if the Jersey is out of date... I just want a nice looking jersey that feels better than the CCM ones.

I also wouldn't mind looking at some Canucks or Habs Jerseys. But if I'm buying an Edge - it HAS TO BE made in Canada! I will not buy an Indo-Edge unless it's for the same price as a Premier!

Now... Where can I buy REAL EDGE jerseys? If the listing says "Made in Canada", then it should be made in Canada. I shouldn't need to think "Made in Canada actually means made in Indonesia!". That's just getting silly and carried away. I want some nice honest websites who know what they're selling.

I guess is what I'll do is always ask here before I buy a jersey. Still, I'm seeing conflicting info that really doesn't make sense and I'm unsure what to trust.

I've wasted hours and hours the last few days researching jerseys and it really doesn't seem worth it to me. I'd rather just buy Premiers from stores in my city even if it means paying $200+. The store I went to even had a blank Indo-Edge jersey for around the same price as the Smyth premier I got. So if I can get IndoEdges for the same price as premiers, I will do that.

No NHL player is wear an Indonesian made jersey.

The problem is that you're looking for Canadian made edge jerseys, but they arent made by Reebok anymore. As of this year, all edge jerseys are made in Indonesia. As a result, you're only likely to find Canadian made edge jerseys when a retailer has excess stock from the past couple seasons, or on ebay. Because of this transition to the Indo-edge, the Canadian made edge jerseys arent readily available like they used to be. Some stores may carry them, but unless someone has actually dealt with a retailer personally, no one can give you a definitive answer as to where you can purchase the jersey you're looking for.

There have certainly been some problems with retailers listing their jerseys incorrectly in terms of country of origin. There is nothing you or us can do about that, except call the company and emphasize exactly what you're looking for.

As others have said, Ebay is your best bet and usually the cheapest option as well.

When you say Canadian Edge jerseys aren't made by Reebok anymore, I take it you mean they aren't made for RETAIL by reebok anymore? Cause if all NHL players are wearing real Canadian Edge jerseys, obviously Reebok does still produce them.

When you say Canadian Edge jerseys aren't made by Reebok anymore, I take it you mean they aren't made for RETAIL by reebok anymore? Cause if all NHL players are wearing real Canadian Edge jerseys, obviously Reebok does still produce them.

Yes exactly. The jerseys that the players currently wear (outside of a handful of players, and the entire Oilers team) have never been made available to the public. The first Edge jersey, known as the Edge 1.0, was dropped by almost the entire league. The next Edge jersey, known as the 2.0, was created for the players. BUT the Edge 1.0 remained as the retail authentic jersey despite 95% of the league wearing the Edge 2.0.

So yes Reebok still produces the Edge 2.0 for the players. Their retail authentic jersey is the Indo-Edge now. The production has stopped for the Edge 1.0

For the record, both the Edge 1.0 and Edge 2.0 are Canadian made Edge jerseys

As far as I can tell there has been no conflicting information given here on this topic. Unfortunately you are so confused that you do not seem to understand what everybody else understands. Everyone here has given you sources of Canadian-made Edges, like hockeyjerseyoutlet, MeiGray, Jersey Express (for the pre-2011/12 models). But you are being so restrictive in what you want (no non-retro models, no blanks, no game-issued in order to avoid stripping), that there is almost no other option left. You can try to find a blue retro Edge 1.0 on eBay but it may take time to find one, and you'll certainly need to know how to tell a fake from a legit jersey if you go this route. If you really want a great jersey that you can be really happy with, you're going to have to put some effort into this. If you're not willing to do this, then you may as well settle for a Premier or Indo-Edge. Many jerseys owned by members here have had a hell of a lot of work put into them, but that is precisely why they are so enjoyable to have. Until you understand that, you will probably continue to be frustrated. But we're still here to help...

I don't see why I'd need to strip a Meigray jersey.

If I can't find an Edge Oilers jersey I want, I could settle for getting a Real Edge Habs or Canucks jersey.

I could always settle for the old Oilers CCM design which later crossed into the Reebok production for a while.

Finding the true authentics is the only problem. I don't even have that big of an issue on what name is on the jersey.

If anyone can help me find some cheap Indo-Edges, I could go for them too. But I won't pay the same price a Real Edge costs. An Indo-Edge would have to be at least $50 cheaper than the average Canadian-Edge price.

Still, I do want to eventually own a real Canadian Edge jersey. Doesn't have to be Oilers. Could be Canucks or Habs, but I'd like it to be a Home jersey.... and not the Canucks' crappy "stick" design.

I don't see why I'd need to strip a Meigray jersey.

If I can't find an Edge Oilers jersey I want, I could settle for getting a Real Edge Habs or Canucks jersey.

I could always settle for the old Oilers CCM design which later crossed into the Reebok production for a while.

Finding the true authentics is the only problem. I don't even have that big of an issue on what name is on the jersey.

If anyone can help me find some cheap Indo-Edges, I could go for them too. But I won't pay the same price a Real Edge costs. An Indo-Edge would have to be at least $50 cheaper than the average Canadian-Edge price.

Still, I do want to eventually own a real Canadian Edge jersey. Doesn't have to be Oilers. Could be Canucks or Habs, but I'd like it to be a Home jersey.... and not the Canucks' crappy "stick" design.

Good grief. Regardless of the team, the Canadian made Edge jerseys will start to become more difficult to find now that Reebok has stopped retail production. That means the Habs and Canucks jerseys may cause as much problems as the Oilers jersey

And if you're not concerned with the name, buy the game issued. It wont be any less if you find a blank jersey and have to send it off somewhere to get customized.

And if you want cheap Indo-Edges, be prepared to search just as much as if you are looking for a Canadian Edge.

The jersey you're looking for wont fall right into your lap, you're going to have to spend some time looking.

Ok, I think I found some. and I might buy right away.

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=2423414&catLevel=0&scLevel=&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=&catParentID=4532&scId=4532

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=2423417&catLevel=0&scLevel=&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=&catParentID=4532&scId=4532

QUESTIONS: Will a size 58 fit someone who wears a Premier XL? A CCM size large also fits alright. What about a size 56? Would that work?

Also, I guess these appear to be original Reebok issues (so 1.0?). I hate the way CCM feels on me... it feels itchy and heavy. Will these original Reebok issues feel better, or worse?

Thanks.