It is good or not?

lafountain

Make sure you look carefully at the Oilers logo and everything else... you can actually see that there are some threads which connect letter to letter. Looks like they were trying to make some fancy handwriting :-p It's on the Reebok logo on the back as well. I'm also noticing that it doesn't say Reebok anywhere on the sleeves.

And yeah, I used my foot to hold down the jersey while one hand was pulling the "fight strap" and the other hand holding the camera.

I already see how much better my Premier is, and it's the same design as the fake. But from what I see so far regarding Edge jerseys, the team logos on the chest are much softer than on Premiers.

NOW... I am just unsure what to do with the fake Jersey. I'll admit, I don't really want it. I don't even think I'd wear it. But I do think it's sort of cool to own a fake jersey to keep for reference.

I paid $90 (shipping included) for the Fake. I will have to pay for shipping to send it back. My problem is that it's a big pain for me to send stuff back.

I'm thinking about asking the seller for a $40 or $50 refund. He absolutely knows I'm on to him. He played stupid when I showed him info on fake jerseys and said he's still 60% sure it's real. Now I see there is NO WAY he could have any degree of certainty that it's real. So he's messin with me.

Doubtful that I'd keep this jersey if it means I lose the full $90.

What do you think I should do?

Use it as a floor mat.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome pictures of the fake. Really shows how bad it is. Wait til you see what you get from MeiGray to compare. And you somehow managed to sneak your foot into the picture, impressive!

Brandon is so correct: When you get your jersey from MeiGray you will be quite pleased, and will quickly note the differences between the real thing and that fake.

Your fake, much like the one I initially bought off eBay (although at $30 with free shipping) has the numbers stitched on with some automated embroidery machine. You can see that they’ve still left some of the tear-away backing on the underside. Same as with the crest and probably the wordmark. They could have taken a little more time and removed the stitches that connect the letters. On real team jerseys you will find that the numbers and nameplates (and probably crests) are attached with just a plain zig-zag stitch. Facilitates changing names and numbers as the team’s need arises.

You would do well to try working with the seller to get your money back, even if it costs you something to return it. The $90 was not cheap.

Good luck!

Thank you everyone for being so helpful.

Even my Premier jersey has the zig-zag stitching.

I'm just thinking.... if I could get a $50 refund on this jersey, that would be good VS. a complete refund. By the the time I pay for return shipping I might only be getting like $70 back from this transaction. So it's really $50 vs. $70, and a $20 difference isn't really a big deal to me at all.

Can anyone tell me... Do real Authentic Edge jerseys come with a tag inside the jersey that says "machine wash on cold" and etc? My Premier has one of those, and it has all this special identification codes and etc.

If Edge jerseys do come with those tags, then this is a great way to identify a Fake.

Make sure you look carefully at the Oilers logo and everything else... you can actually see that there are some threads which connect letter to letter. Looks like they were trying to make some fancy handwriting :-p It's on the Reebok logo on the back as well. I'm also noticing that it doesn't say Reebok anywhere on the sleeves.

And yeah, I used my foot to hold down the jersey while one hand was pulling the "fight strap" and the other hand holding the camera.

I already see how much better my Premier is, and it's the same design as the fake. But from what I see so far regarding Edge jerseys, the team logos on the chest are much softer than on Premiers.

NOW... I am just unsure what to do with the fake Jersey. I'll admit, I don't really want it. I don't even think I'd wear it. But I do think it's sort of cool to own a fake jersey to keep for reference.

I paid $90 (shipping included) for the Fake. I will have to pay for shipping to send it back. My problem is that it's a big pain for me to send stuff back.

I'm thinking about asking the seller for a $40 or $50 refund. He absolutely knows I'm on to him. He played stupid when I showed him info on fake jerseys and said he's still 60% sure it's real. Now I see there is NO WAY he could have any degree of certainty that it's real. So he's messin with me.

Doubtful that I'd keep this jersey if it means I lose the full $90.

What do you think I should do?

Dont bother taking it up with the seller, open a claim up with ebay and tell them its fake. Youll get a full refund and in some cases they will even pay to ship it back. Dont lose a cent over this, its $90 you could put into another authentic.

My fake, plus a Premier, plus my real Edge jerseys (from Meigray) all had that tag sewn into the sideseam. Normally, the material content information and the washing instructions are all included in/on that tag and something like that is required to be sewn into any and every garment; not just hockey jerseys. You turned the jersey inside out and couldn't find it anywhere? Well maybe not surprising since the jersey is coming out of a bootleg operation.

I say send it back, or open a case with eBay.

My first ebay purchase, while not a fake jersey, was a misrepresented jersey, labeled as an authentic even though it was a replica. Not only did ebay refund my money when I opened my case, but they didn't even make me send it back. They told me I could keep it.

eBay will not tell you to send a fake back, cuz it's illegal to intentionally send fake items across the country. All you have to do is to prove it's a fake. eBay will then refund you the full $90 and they might make you sign something to declare that you have destroyed it.

Ahahahahaha.... thanks so much guys. You're a big help. I owe you one. What you gain from this is that you may have just won over a big jersey collector. I've been known to dish out thousands and thousands of dollars on my hobbies.

I guess I'll be opening the case then.... that's hilarious that they'll let you keep it. I'll definitely try going this route before I send it back.

But yeah, what you're saying makes sense. Why would Ebay/Paypal want you to send it back when that means the seller could easily re-sell it?

What's strange here is that this seller only has like 4 auctions left and it looks like he may be getting ready to run. I've also found him on facebook lol. Looks pretty greasy and greedy.

I definitely won't try selling this fake though... I swear. At most I'd give it as a gift to someone who knows it's fake, or I'll keep it merely for reference. Actually I do have a deal with my mom (long story) that I have to let her wear one of my jerseys to work once a year, and she doesn't mind wearing this one. Basically she needs a jersey to be ready for her when she wants it, which is almost never.

2 more questions if you don't mind:

1) How is it you guys can tell a 1.0 from a 2.0 so easily just by looking at a couple pics of a jersey?

2) How come it appears the lettering, numbers, and logos on Edges are softer and less stiff than on Premiers?

Thanks again! I'll be sure to let you know how this turns out.... though I already have a good feeling. I've filed a bunch of claims in the past and have won all but one of them.

Now should I open an Ebay, or Paypal claim (I paid with Paypal)?

Open the case on Ebay, theyre earier to deal with regarding fake items.

For 1.0 vs 2.0, once you get a better hang of it, its pretty easy just by looking at the cut. If you have a close up pic you can tell because its different material. The other giveaway is to look for stitching of double padded elbows as only 2.0s have them.

Look close and take a guess with these, one of each-

img10746218.jpg

img10176441.jpg

The other giveaway is to look for stitching of double padded elbows as only 2.0s have them.

I wouldn't say that, you might confuse him into thinking that all jerseys with double elbows are 2.0's when that's not the case since everything before EDGE 1.0 had double elbows.

As was already said, the easiest way to tell a 1.0 from a 2.0 with current Reebok jerseys is to look for the double elbows as pictured above. Everything before 2007 will have double elbows as well, but those aren't EDGE jerseys.

I take it the one in the second picture is the 2.0.

Hehe... you guys are getting me really educated on jerseys. Just 3 weeks ago I knew NOTHING, actually I thought CCM is still producing the jerseys.

So, am I right that the lettering and logos on Edge jerseys is softer and less stiff than on Premiers? That's just what it appears to me - I've never owned an Edge before, though I have seen and touched an IndoEdge at a store.

Regarding the NHL logo on the collar... it seems the logo is down lower on Edge jerseys than on Premiers. The logo on my Premier is up pretty high, while on Edges it seems the logo is almost covered by part of the collar.

I don't think the Kings 2.0's have the double padded elbows?

I don't think the Kings 2.0's have the double padded elbows?

They do -- it is just a weird cut though. Tomorrow afternoon I will take a picture comparing the different elbows.

I'll file the claim as soon as I can.... but I'm having doubts now that Ebay/Paypal will give the refund you guys claim.

I have bigger doubts that they'll say I don't have to send it back. And in that case, I might as well skip the claim and just send it back right now and get my refund.

I've heard Ebay/Paypal can be pretty stingy with these things. I also don't know how I'll be able to prove it's fake, or why they'd believe me.

Plus, from what I hear, if you want your money back, you have to file the claim with Paypal, not Ebay. Ebay cannot refund your money - Paypal has your money.

I don't mean to sound like a ######, but are you guys sure you know what you're talking about? From facts and experience? And how long ago did you hear about and encounter these things? Policies do change.

I'm jumping in kinda late, but what were the terms of the auction? Does he allow returns? Did he have the jersey stated as new?

There's a few ways you could go. One that has always worked for me is to file a complaint that the item was not as described (assuming he had it listed as New). Even a new fake jersey looks like it's been washed 10 times in most cases.

Ebay is always on the side of the buyer, every time. It takes about 30 seconds to make the claim, people come on here all the time with the same issue. Just do it already. If you dont want your money back, dont do it.

Check this out...

Here's a FAKE signed by the "entire Edmonton Oilers roster": http://www.ebay.com/itm/EDMONTON-OILERS-11-12-TEAM-SIGNED-JERSEY-HALL-EBERLE-NUGENT-HOPKINS-SMYTH-COA-/330740262404?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d01a7e604

It's supposed to come with COA. I wonder if the signatures are even real though?

Hmmmmmmm

I've seen a bunch of other "signed" fakes on ebay.

Man.... the fakes seem to be extremely prevailant.

Sadly it's pretty common to see signed fakes with apparently legit autographs. The COA normally is just for the autograph not for the jersey itself.

Hi guys, I was wondering if you could help me out. Looking at this jersey and want to make sure its legit. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-Kovalchuk-NJ-Devils-RBK-edge-jersey-52-/270985549189?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item3f17ff5585

That jersey is legit. I've dealt with that seller before. I bought a Plekanec off him that used to be a Heritage Classic jersey. Ive stripped the name and number and am awaiting a Pacioretty kit plus HC patch for the jersey. Only thing is he doesn't heat seal the numbers all the way, just around the edge, then sews them down. I don't know if that's a deal breaker for you but it's great of you want to strip it and make it into a different player.

Edited by Gorges_26A

UPDATE:

I want to thank everyone once again. It looks like I've got my money back, and I didn't have to open any claim OR send anything back. What I did was contact the seller and explained the situation to him. I offered him a deal where he refunds me $80 and keeps $10 for himself, or I open a claim and make an issue out of it. We exchanged a few emails, and now he's refunded me the $80. He didn't want any claim to become an issue, so he's complied with me. I did lose $10 here, but I couldn't care less about that. Plus I get to keep the fake, which is interesting to have to reference what a fake looks like.

I decided going this route was easier and faster than opening a claim. Sure enough, I won.

But... I'm not out of the woods yet. The seller HAS issued the refund, but it will be a few days before the money clears from his back account. So the refund is not actually in my possession yet.

I gotta admit, I feel a little guilty here. The seller continues to profess his innocence on the matter. He gives very long, detailed replies where he tries to defend himself. I guess now he's tried guilt-tripping me... he says he has a serious health condition and doesn't want to deal with the stress of me opening a claim. Pretty weak thing to say if he is really lying. What I find weird is that he has NEVER tried disputing that the jersey is in fact real... it's like he does know for a fact that it's fake. He hasn't even argued that if I did open a claim, he'll argue that the jersey is real. The whole thing is quite strange. I do feel a bit guilty... I guess I'm 50/50 on what to believe.

What you believe doesn't matter, the fact is you got a fake jersey. Whether it was knowingly sold to you or not (I'm sure he knows exactly what he's selling), you got beat. Take your money and move along.

From the way it sounds, he knows it's fake. People who apply as easily as he did knows it's a knockoff. As for that excuse, I've had people in the past who made things up like that and that's pathetic as a human being (this has happened multiple times when I won auctions on jerseys that ended on ridiculous steals and I know they just don't want to mail it because they are basically giving it away for free).

There is no doubt it is a fake. Take your money back gladly. Put it towards a REAL jersey at the MeiGray summer sale.

He's just guilt tripping you. Everyone that sells fakes knows they're fakes and he's just covering his booty.