It is good or not?

lafountain

Check this out...

Here's a FAKE signed by the "entire Edmonton Oilers roster": http://www.ebay.com/itm/EDMONTON-OILERS-11-12-TEAM-SIGNED-JERSEY-HALL-EBERLE-NUGENT-HOPKINS-SMYTH-COA-/330740262404?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d01a7e604

It's supposed to come with COA. I wonder if the signatures are even real though?

Hmmmmmmm

I've seen a bunch of other "signed" fakes on ebay.

Man.... the fakes seem to be extremely prevailant.

You are now learning the ways of the force young Padawan!

Tons of fake jerseys have Real signatures but I would rather but a Upper Deck card with the %100 Legit sig on it then buy a Fake jersey with a supposedly Real Sig on it.

I mean if the jersey is fake it puts into question the authenticity of the signature. COA or not.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are now learning the ways of the force young Padawan!

Tons of fake jerseys have Real signatures but I would rather but a Upper Deck card with the %100 Legit sig on it then buy a Fake jersey with a supposedly Real Sig on it.

I mean if the jersey is fake it puts into question the authenticity of the signature. COA or not.

Not to mention how HILARIOUS that jersey looks with all those autographs, real or fake. What a bunch of crap...

I Know it's not a jersey, but I cant resist the urge to post this... 2 things wrong with this shirt. I guess it could be a Craig Macdonald shirt, except the number is wrong.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-NHL-Calgary-Flames-LANNY-MACDONALD-mcdonald-throwback-jersey-style-T-Shirt-M?item=150815124868&cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D2%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D8952672015552919305

Would it be blasphemy to get a put a player name & no. on a jersey when they weren't at the team at the time they wore the jersey but are now... if it's just a replica jersey? Just so I don't customise a CCM 550 Rangers' home with Gaborik and it's a cardinal sin. I have, however, got a Wild jersey from when he played there. Thoughts?

Regardless of anything, it's your jersey - do what you want. That said, most people feel like the jersey accuracy laws don't apply to replicas.

Frankly considering the quality of CCM 550s versus the Premier replicas, I'd say go for it.

I feel that it's ok to customize replicas with whomever you want. Im one that I don't feel that the accuracy "rules" apply to replicas. With that being said, I wouldn't do it to authentics.

Sweet, thanks for the feedback. I've got a Sharks authentic coming through any day now, finally could afford an authentic so it'll be my first. Gonna treat it like my new born child - only the best if I decide to customise it. :P

That said, most people feel like the jersey accuracy laws don't apply to replicas..

...AND IT SHALL BE KNOWN HENCEFORTH, THROUGHOUT THE LAND, THAT THE LAWS OF JERSEY ACCURACY DO NOT APPLY TO REPLICAS! SO LET IT BE WRITTEN. SO LET IT BE DONE.

:thumbsup:

...AND IT SHALL BE KNOWN HENCEFORTH, THROUGHOUT THE LAND, THAT THE LAWS OF JERSEY ACCURACY DO NOT APPLY TO REPLICAS! SO LET IT BE WRITTEN. SO LET IT BE DONE.

:thumbsup:

I have witnessed history today... I will tell my grandchildren of this tale.

Both fake

625937d1329168426-how-speedmaster-professional-like-glock-27-you_are_correct_sir.jpg

Where the fight straps attach are dead give aways. Plus the overly crinkly & shiny crests and numbering.

Hey everyone. I bought Mike Richards and Jeff Carter Flyers sweaters from this store.

They were really cheap, which I attributed to neither of these players being Flyers anymore. These are my first NHL sweaters so I'm wondering if I got completely ripped off and got sent fakes. Does anyone know if this store is reputable?

I've spent the whole day going through this thread as well as googling guides to discerning fakes from authentic ones, and based on what I've read, these are either legit or they're pretty accurate knock offs. I don't have a camera to take pictures of them (yet), but I can say that the sleeves on each came with Reebok and NHL tags, including the one shiny foil NHL tag I was told to look for. I guess I'm just sketched out because I got such a good deal, and on ebay.

Hey everyone. I bought Mike Richards and Jeff Carter Flyers sweaters from this store.

They were really cheap, which I attributed to neither of these players being Flyers anymore. These are my first NHL sweaters so I'm wondering if I got completely ripped off and got sent fakes. Does anyone know if this store is reputable?

I've spent the whole day going through this thread as well as googling guides to discerning fakes from authentic ones, and based on what I've read, these are either legit or they're pretty accurate knock offs. I don't have a camera to take pictures of them (yet), but I can say that the sleeves on each came with Reebok and NHL tags, including the one shiny foil NHL tag I was told to look for. I guess I'm just sketched out because I got such a good deal, and on ebay.

Those are both replicas you are good to go, generally only authentics (with the fight strap) are faked. Although the one with the Reebok word mark would be inaccurate as he only wore the vector with the Flyers, not sure about the customization not my area of expertise!

Where the fight straps attach are dead give aways. Plus the overly crinkly & shiny crests and numbering.

All those things give it away. So many things looked suspicious on those to me. But a big one for me was the "NHL" crest on the collar. Also the Canadian flag. Or the "I" in "Center Ice". It should be "I", but instead it's "|" which means it is a fake. You can also see directly through the air holes on the fabric... it looks very weird and strange. Very cheap. I'm not sure if that's a good indicator, but it looked weird to me.

EDIT: Whoops, the "I"'s didn't publish properly in my message. But, you know how they should look. Kinda like a "1".

You're fine with those. He's a legit seller. People are not likely to buy player jerseys who have already left the team so that's why they're relatively inexpensive. So the seller has to either lower the price or gets stuck holding the bag.

"Hey everyone. I bought Mike Richards and Jeff Carter Flyers sweaters from this store.

They were really cheap, which I attributed to neither of these players being Flyers anymore. These are my first NHL sweaters so I'm wondering if I got completely ripped off and got sent fakes. Does anyone know if this store is reputable?"

Interesting how the bulk of the jerseys he sells are of players no longer with the team of the jersey being sold.

The customization is wretched, but I'm sure they're legit. Dude just buys old stock, I see it all of the time, that's why most of his jerseys aren't current. Plus they're Premiers, which really aren't faked.

Also you may want to bleach the Carter jerseys to avoid any STDs.

Finally! I've got my first authentic jersey... Sharks' 44. Well pleased, even if it's a 44 and I prefer 48s or 50s so they fit my lanky arms. Now I know what the fuss is about - the quality does shine through.

Au3FdsRCQAEhBNz.pngAu3FhHqCEAE6FVw.png

Au3FrOrCIAIzTA8.pngAu3F3zeCEAAE7uW.png

Finally! I've got my first authentic jersey... Sharks' 44. Well pleased, even if it's a 44 and I prefer 48s or 50s so they fit my lanky arms. Now I know what the fuss is about - the quality does shine through.

Wrong thread :thumbsup:

I agree, I don't think I can justify plunking down full price for a replica anymore.

Wrong thread :thumbsup:

I know man, I was just scared in case it turned out it was a fake. I know for sure it's not... but I don't trust my own judgement sometimes. :P

Those weren't faked. Your good to go.

Any Hershey Bears experts here? I would appreciate opinions from anyone, though.

I won this on ebay from a well rated seller. I have it in hand now, and have some concerns I'd appreciate some help or opinions.

The nameplate thing is weird. Anyone ever see a nameplate sewn on every side but the bottom? Seems so random.

7352663574_d85856fbd5.jpg

7352664534_6a7614304d.jpg

7167460249_e043ef6e54_z.jpg

There a few red flags here that I'd like some help with.

First, on both arms, the 5 is significantly larger than the 1.

7352714412_e3691e63fe.jpg

note the difference in the stitching on the gray. It doesn't cover the whole part on the 5 like it does on the 1

7352714940_8e22accf02.jpg

7167504673_ba9e4c497f.jpg

On the back numbers, the material is basically the same to the eye, but when photographed, it looks different to me. Plus, the white outline is sewn differently on the 1 than on the 5, and it's thicker on the 1.

7352717962_dcc75debb4.jpg

7167505525_150b5e3e40.jpg

7167506033_75d110013c.jpg

I'm a bit worried about the Steve Staios jersey I got from Meigray...

On the sleeves near the bottom there are these holes on the seam. You can stick your fingers through the hole, and if you use too much pressure it causes the stitches to begin tearing. BOTH sleeves have these holes, in the exact same locations. The hole is near the bottom of the sleeve, and then there's another hole up higher on the next seam. Yes, same deal on both sleeves.

I could post pics...

I think it's pretty strange. The only thing I can think is that these holes are meant to be on the jerseys to let air in. If it's a factory error it's weird that it would affect both sleeves in the exact same location.

It is a 1.0.