It is good or not?

lafountain

I'm waiting for Meigray's response. I'll post here what they say.

I don't know how to use a sewing machine, but I am capable of hand sewing. Depending on Meigray's response, should I sew up the holes on the sleeves myself?

I might just be being picky now, but this is weird. I just looked at my material content/washing instructions tag inside the jersey. I can see that a sticker has been peeled off on it. There is no "birthdate" sticker on it. But it does look like some kind of sticker was peeled off and is now missing.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how to use a sewing machine, but I am capable of hand sewing. Depending on Meigray's response, should I sew up the holes on the sleeves myself?

I might just be being picky now, but this is weird. I just looked at my material content/washing instructions tag inside the jersey. I can see that a sticker has been peeled off on it. There is no "birthdate" sticker on it. But it does look like some kind of sticker was peeled off and is now missing.

You're 100% over-analyzing and freaking out, man.

Some have it and some don't. My Rangers white came without the sticker, although I can see from the residue left there that it once had the sticker. Sometimes they just don't survive all the handling. I think that the team gets the jerseys blank from Reebok. When they're sewing on the numbers and the nameplates it's possible that the sticker gets removed. Tranquilo....

What he said.

Those stickers fall off all the time, usually with one wash.

Those holes are there for a reason. I'd leave it alone or return it for someone who would appreciate it. Judging from how much you're freaking out, I wonder if gamers aren't really something you're going to be able to enjoy. Authentics might be a better thing.

What he said.

Those holes are there for a reason. I'd leave it alone or return it for someone who would appreciate it. Judging from how much you're freaking out, I wonder if gamers aren't really something you're going to be able to enjoy. Authentics might be a better thing.

Agree 100%. If I ever take the plunge and buy a gamer/GI, it stays in the condition it came in. Don't do anything with the holes, the jersey was likely prepared that way for a reason. Either live with it or return it so someone else can buy it. Don't touch the holes.

2s0ftb8.png

You need to go straight to the source and get to the bottom of this. Show up at Steve Staios' front door and ask him about the jersey, but make sure you ambush him because if he knows you are coming he will have time to come up with a lie. Then you make him sew up the holes himself. Make sure you document all of this so you can show your customers in the future.

What he said.

Don't worry, I do already enjoy the jersey. The mentality around here helps a lot.

I'm just curious about this one thing and I hope I can get a definite answer. I was kinda freaking out when I first discovered it... it was like "WTF?". But I guess I'm alright with it. Would be great to get a sure answer.

Meigray seems to be the best bet to get Authentic-Edge jerseys. It's way more difficult otherwise, I wouldn't even know where to start. Sure Ebay has a few... but you have to look REALLY long in order to find anything. I'm sure you realize that real Edge jerseys are not currently available for retail.

My understanding is that Meigray is the only 100% sure bet available to get Edge 2.0 jerseys. You know everything on Meigray is authentic... you just have to search for what you want. Anywhere else seems to be a gamble and a wild goose chase. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Meigray responded to me promptly. They say basically what you guys have. They don't know the answer for sure, but they say this is how they received the jersey and it was likely done for customization.

They offered me an exchange even though I didn't ask for one. But I can't see a reason not to keep this jersey. The holes do not stretch and tear unless you put a lot of intentional pressure on them.

I do think the holes would add some good air coolant while traveling at a high skating speed.

Meigray responded to me promptly. They say basically what you guys have. They don't know the answer for sure, but they say this is how they received the jersey and it was likely done for customization.

They offered me an exchange even though I didn't ask for one. But I can't see a reason not to keep this jersey. The holes do not stretch and tear unless you put a lot of intentional pressure on them.

I do think the holes would add some good air coolant while traveling at a high skating speed.

I doubt the part about the high-speed cooling. That generally works only on race cars. I had no doubt, however, that MeiGray would act honorably and with integrity, standing by their sale of the jersey to you. Congratulations on now owning a REAL Oilers jersey. Enjoy it, buy more, and stop worrying.

Don't take this the wrong way but you are totally crazy. It is just a poor sewing job of a panel inserted to make the sleeves larger. Nothing more, nothing less.

Don't take this the wrong way but you are totally crazy. It is just a poor sewing job of a panel inserted to make the sleeves larger. Nothing more, nothing less.

LOL! I think this guy is a little OCD. Just a little. I mean, it's a good thing to be OCD in this hobby, but this is overkill. Guy just doesn't get it.

I don't know why you guys are giving this guy so much crap. Aerodynamic modifications on jerseys are pretty common in the NHL. They had to add a spoiler to Grabner's jersey for extra downforce because he is so ###### fast:

2lw5a1f.jpg

I can see now completely what you guys were talking about.

You're right - it's an extra panel that was sewn in. This panel is made out of AIR KNIT. It has the same sand paper feeling my old CCM replica has. The coloration of this extra panel sticks out a bit from the rest of the jersey. I'm not convinced this panel was put in for extra room, but rather to have a classic piece of air knit in there to absorb sweat better.

I only wish the sewing job was done better, but whatever.

I just thought this info might be interesting, especially regarding a 1.0, though I think some other posters already pointed out most of this and I just didn't understand it.

Either way it looks like the holes are not intentionally supposed to be there.

Yup good to go, that seller has been asked about before.

Hey guys, long time fan, short time contributor... Looking for legit Mighty Ducks jerseys, found this one on eBay to have a look at:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/330747152614?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_1207wt_1396

Looks alright, very similar in quality to my Reebok jerseys, however the size tag and authenticity tag size is putting me off. Does anyone know of any photos or own CCM jerseys? I've seen a lot of dealing with fake Reeboks but very little to none about the CCM jerseys.

Tom

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUTHENTIC-CCM-NHL-WESTERN-ALL-STAR-JERSEY-SZ-M-/360443941236?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item53ec221174

Whats the call on this? fullmoonjersys. Good reviews, but most of the prices seem too good to be true. Not an authentic but still a replica. Customization on some of their Premiers look off, some much worse than others. Anyone buy from these guys before?

Hey guys, what do you think of this Kariya jersey? I would have said the fight strap looks a bit small but I'm not too familiar with the Nike jersey version... Definitely put off by the low starting bid as well, but he looks like a legit store and postage is classic USA through the roof to get to Australia.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/30-3-Mighty-Ducks-Anaheim-Paul-Kariya-Jersey-w-Fight-Strap-size-52-/280900627588?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item4166fb6c84#ht_500wt_920

Thanks for the help!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUTHENTIC-CCM-NHL-WESTERN-ALL-STAR-JERSEY-SZ-M-/360443941236?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item53ec221174

Whats the call on this? fullmoonjersys. Good reviews, but most of the prices seem too good to be true. Not an authentic but still a replica. Customization on some of their Premiers look off, some much worse than others. Anyone buy from these guys before?

Full Moon Jerseys is a legit seller of closeout jerseys. That's why they are mostly replicas and all usually less popular styles and players.

The premiers that look bad are factory customized replicas, which are known to not always be 100% accurate.

Hey guys, what do you think of this Kariya jersey? I would have said the fight strap looks a bit small but I'm not too familiar with the Nike jersey version... Definitely put off by the low starting bid as well, but he looks like a legit store and postage is classic USA through the roof to get to Australia.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/30-3-Mighty-Ducks-Anaheim-Paul-Kariya-Jersey-w-Fight-Strap-size-52-/280900627588?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item4166fb6c84#ht_500wt_920

Thanks for the help!

Jersey looks legit. Older Nike's aren't faked as much (I've seen some, Detroit fakes from that era). I can also vouch for the seller, as I bought a jersey from them recently. They seem to start all of their jersey auctions with a low starting price. I don't think they are necessarily jersey experts, so still do your homework.