It is good or not?

lafountain

Yes, it's legit. It's authentic too, not a replica.

EDIT: This is in response to the post regarding the Leafs jersey, not the post immediately above.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, anyone ever by anything from eBay user "jerseysfromcanada"? This looks too good to be true...

MENS 50/XL FIGHTSTRAP SEWN GC VTG J.IGINLA CALGARY FLAMES HOCKEY JERSEY CANADA

They sould change their username to "Jerseys from China" cause that Iggy is faker then a $3 dollar bill.

Also, anyone ever by anything from eBay user "jerseysfromcanada"? This looks too good to be true...

MENS 50/XL FIGHTSTRAP SEWN GC VTG J.IGINLA CALGARY FLAMES HOCKEY JERSEY CANADA

Christ, my cat's even laughing at that one. (Side note: my cat is not called Christ)

I found two people selling "Authentic Anze Kopitar jerseys" both look basically the same.

The first claims to have been bought at the Team LA store at the Staples Center and is selling it because it doesnt fit him. These are the images i was sent when i requested more pics

th_WP_000322.jpg

th_WP_000323.jpg

th_WP_000324.jpg

th_WP_000325.jpg

th_WP_000326.jpg

th_WP_000327.jpg

The second is from someone in Mass. who says he collects memoribilia and sells it after a while, here is the original craigslist listing with two pics and here are 4 more he sent me when i requested more pics.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/spo/3075205813.html

th_sleevecloseup.jpg

th_rbktag.jpg

th_NHLShield.jpg

th_namenumcloseup.jpg

On both of these my concerns are with:

1) The chest crest/logo, it looks puffy/wrinkly instead of flat

2) The numbers are rounded and most Edge jerseys ive seen the numbers are pointed and they are solid white, no silver

borders... and they seem kinda puffy

3) The NHL shield looks like a sewn on patch but does not look like any ive seen on Edge or Premier jerseys

4) The Reebok collar tag looks like a tag from a Premier not an Edge and the Reebok stripe on the color looks like its

from a Premier but colors reversed

5) Theres no white ID/barcode tag or hologram NHL tag that i can see

6) The one from the Team LA Store looks like Black/Silver but the one from Mass. looks like Black/Grey?

My gut is telling me they are fake but someone I know said they both look like what theyve seen at the Team LA Store

Ive reached out to someone at the Team LA Store for pictures of authentics so i can compare but no response yet.

Any feedback? Are my suspicions correct? If anyone notices anything else please tell me so I can continue to learn.

All pics are thumbnails that you can click on to enlarge

Thank You,

Curtis

The first claims to have been bought at the Team LA store at the Staples Center and is selling it because it doesnt fit him. These are the images i was sent when i requested more pics

There is no way the LA Team store would sell crap like that.

2) The numbers are rounded and most Edge jerseys ive seen the numbers are pointed and they are solid white, no silver

borders... and they seem kinda puffy

The black home uniforms are supposed to have 2-layer white and silver numbers. They were stacked in previous seasons, and they switched to kiss-cut starting 2011-12. Like Brilliant! said, don't waste your time or money.

Right away you can tell they are fake, just look at the Reebok collar tag. Pro Edge jerseys should have a black border with grey in the middle. That's a replica collar tag. This is probably the most common tell-tale sign and easiest way to tell whether the jersey is fake or not.

Thanks for the confirmation guys! The first thing i noticed was the letters and asked about them, i was told they were correct... that didnt jive well with me. The next thing i noticed after looking at a post comparing a replica and an edge, was the Reebok collar tag. I noticed it was a replica Reebok tag, a Canada numeric size tag, and no jock tag at the bottom of the jersey... again, didnt jive well. Anyway, you guys read my post about the things that seemed wrong. Just nice to get confirmation I am looking for and noticing the right things. Thanks again!

Curtis

Additionally that NHL shield looks wrong. Very wrong.

Bah, I figured. I think the bidders should have taken heed to Milt Byron's motto of "do your homework". It's amazing what some scuffs and a stamp on the inside of the hem will do to the "value" of a jersey. I wonder how he reproduced the CC stamp so well though... Or on second thought, he could have just had someone from CC stamp it right in.

Edited by AngeloS76

Game Worn? I see that the jersey has a retail tag hole on the neck tag.

http://www.ebay.com/...9#ht_500wt_1219

I'd lean towards no just because of the collar tags. That retail tag hole seems to speak volumes too. I'm not sold on the Berard Gorton's jersey he's selling either.

Thanks,

Doesn't look like it. I don't see any stitching that would indicate double elbows. I wish I could tell by the rest of the jersey, but that looks like a 1.0 to me.

Doesn't look like it. I don't see any stitching that would indicate double elbows. I wish I could tell by the rest of the jersey, but that looks like a 1.0 to me.

That was my take as well. It is hard with the dark jerseys to tell.