It is good or not?

lafountain

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even without looking at details, you can see the cut of the jersey is wrong; don't waste your money.

So check this one out http://www.ebay.com/itm/230815928627?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649#ht_500wt_1219 It's a 96/97 STARTER but the jersey does not have a fight strap and I spoke with the seller he told me that when they purchased the jersey it did not have a fight strap sewn on. He sent me pictures of the jersey flipped inside out and from the looks of it a fight strap was never attached to the jersey. So what do you guys think?

IMAG0725.jpg

IMAG0724.jpg

So check this one out http://www.ebay.com/...9#ht_500wt_1219 It's a 96/97 STARTER but the jersey does not have a fight strap and I spoke with the seller he told me that when they purchased the jersey it did not have a fight strap sewn on. He sent me pictures of the jersey flipped inside out and from the looks of it a fight strap was never attached to the jersey. So what do you guys think?

IMAG0725.jpg

IMAG0724.jpg

There was one year the Pittsburgh jerseys were authentic but had no fight strap not sure of that but I did own one at one time . Pittsburgh guys weigh in here

Yea, there are two versions:

- Ones made in Haiti like you have above without fight strap and just the starter logo and NHL Shield

- Ones made in El Salvador with the fight strap sewn in and "STARTER" spelled out on the bottom with NHL Shield

IMG_5976.jpg

My question though is if the one you are looking at has double elbows. Could you ask him for another picture of that? The ones that I have seen from Haiti I can never seem to tell if they have double elbows or not.

All the Haiti-made ones I've seen did not have double elbows either. Another weird thing is that there are usually only 2 white stripes on the left sleeve tip, while the Salvadoran-made ones had 3.

I had a Haiti made Pooh bear and it had a strange looking fight strap that I have ever seen on a Starter jersey. So basically these Haiti jerseys are just like todays Reebok Indo EDGE jerseys right?

My understanding is that only a few Starter jerseys were made in Haiti. They were all sublimated 3rd jerseys (Bruins Pooh Bear, Pens Robo Penguin) and as others stated lacked fight straps and double elbows.

They are still considered "legit" retail jerseys, but obviously I'm sure most of us would rather have the Berlin, Wisconsin made ones (like the teams wore) or at least the El Salvador ones with the correct features.

When can the Meigray summer sale be expected to begin?

Sorry to ask here. But thanks.

I'm not sure if I should wait or goto the mall and buy a Canucks Premier...

When can the Meigray summer sale be expected to begin?

Sorry to ask here. But thanks.

I'm not sure if I should wait or goto the mall and buy a Canucks Premier...

I understand it follows the Expo which is scheduled for Saturday, July 14. I'm waiting to see what they have to offer before buying anything else.

If you pre-register for the Expo, you get first crack at the sale at like 4PM. It opens to everyone else on Sunday. Can't wait to go.

If you pre-register for the Expo, you get first crack at the sale at like 4PM. It opens to everyone else on Sunday. Can't wait to go.

You buying a grab bag?

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/senior-apparel-jerseys-authentic.html

HockeyMonkey is fake, right? I saw the advertisement for it on MSN.com. It's weird because they do look kinda legit, for some reason.

At those prices, even an IndoEdge would be well worth it.

Oh hmmmm. Maybe those are Premiers afterall?

I could tell they were Premiers from the pics.... but it says "Edge". I don't get it.

I'm confused about why they're calling Premiers "Edge". And why are they showing pictures of premiers for all their jerseys?

Also, why are those prices so low? Even for summer sale, that looks incredibly low to me.

They probably just use stock images for all their jerseys. A lot of places do that. You'll be okay getting anything from them. As for the prices, they might be trying to blow through any leftover 1.0 jerseys that they have in their inventory. That's my guess anyway.

I snagged a Caps home jersey from the hockeymonkey sale and it was an Edge 1.0. I would assume they all are, but you never know. They are pretty fast at responding to questions.

I'm confused about why they're calling Premiers "Edge". And why are they showing pictures of premiers for all their jerseys?

Also, why are those prices so low? Even for summer sale, that looks incredibly low to me.

The pictures are indeed "Premiers", however if you click on the team/jersey you are interested in, the sizes are numeric (54,56, 58, etc.) so they are "Edge" authentic. I'm not saying anything about where they were sewn. There is not a selection of all teams so this looks like some sort of closeout sale. Prices very attractive. I have ordered other items from them before. They are legitimate.

Any other sites with awesome deals like this going on?

Looks like I've missed a lot during this sale. Are there any other places?

That it is. Man, those things are terrible looking. The shield is embroidered instead of a patch and the wordmark isn't even sewn down. Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeap.