It is good or not?

lafountain

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the mall just now I saw an IndoEdge. Even the fight strap feels and looks horrible. More or less, the fight stap could cause one to mistake it for a fake.

Also, at a collector's store I saw "signed" FAKES on sale.

Yeah those Indo fight straps are like crappy gym socks

I just ordered a Habs Premier PK Subban from HockeyMonkey.

Weird thing was, during the customization options, I noticed there is no place to add "C" or "A".

http://www.hockeymon...-authentic.html

HockeyMonkey is fake, right? I saw the advertisement for it on MSN.com. It's weird because they do look kinda legit, for some reason.

At those prices, even an IndoEdge would be well worth it.

Thanks for posting this! I've been looking for a bargain size 46 away Pens jersey for a while. Can't beat $130!! :)

No problem.

Anyone know why HockeyMonkey doesn't have an option to add "C" or "A"?

I'm sure you could email them and add it, it's probably just a coding issue.

But did Subban ever wear a letter? Why would you want it if he hasn't, which I don't think he has.

http://www.hockeymon...-authentic.html

HockeyMonkey is fake, right? I saw the advertisement for it on MSN.com. It's weird because they do look kinda legit, for some reason.

At those prices, even an IndoEdge would be well worth it.

I ordered a few jerseys from this sale last month. They are legit 1.0 authentics, well at least the ones I ordered were. Shipping is kind of expensive but since retail 1.0's are no longer in production, I decided to take advantage of the sale.

I'm sure you could email them and add it, it's probably just a coding issue.

But did Subban ever wear a letter? Why would you want it if he hasn't, which I don't think he has.

No he hasn't. That's why I ordered when I did. I don't need it.

But I noticed about adding the letter, and I found it strange that you can't add it even if you need it.

Ummmmm.... look at this thing:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3cc8187c03

What about it? Other than being beat to hell, I don't see anything wrong with it. Looks like a legit Bauer replica.

CCM used a similar-looking logo on authentics (with an asterisk next to the M) from around 1984-86. I don't know when they were used on replicas, but if they were, I would guess it might be from the same time period. (But don't quote me on it)

EDIT: Walshie, do you know which team's jersey this is, or better yet, do you have a photo of the whole jersey?

Thanks. Now I'm confused, though. That CCM neck tag with the hockey rink, I'm pretty sure was used only from around the mid-to-late 1990's. Those jerseys usually had the CCM block logo with the team emblem next to it. I've never seen the CCM logo with the asterisk (in your other picture) used on a replica before; as I said earlier, a similar-looking patch was used on certain teams' authentic jerseys in the mid-1980's. Most CCM replicas before the mid-1990's seemed to have screened logos, so I just don't know what happened here. I suppose it's possible someone took a loose patch and just pressed it on, possibly on top of a screened logo. I had a CCM replica from the late 90's that had a fabric logo patch, and when I removed it, I found an old screened logo underneath it!

Pretty sure the one I have in that style has a screen printed CCM logo, but I'm too lazy to take everything else out of the bag it's in to check. I don't think it really matters what years the tag was used, it's a replica. Put whoever you want on it from any of the years that particular style was used and be done with it. I'm debating whether I actually want to letter mine or if I want to buy an authentic, or at least try to find one. I probably won't do either, buying a car at the end of summer is of the highest priority so I'm pretty well out of the jersey game for a while.

Yeah most of the '80s Maska replicas have the screened ones. Oh well, I'll tell when I get it through. What I may do is buy the Small one (as mentioned on the jersey wantlists) with the stitched CCM and Rangers logo and swap them over. That's the one I originally wanted but I'd rather not get a Small, especially since it's an early '90s one it'd be way too short on the arms.

Yeah I want to put Messier with the 75th patch on it, rather wait till I can afford an authentic one from the time but I'm too impatient and I could just swap it over if and when I get one. Only authentic I've got is a Sharks inaugural season home in a 44... sucks.

fake

for some reason that account looks like it has spammer written all over it..........

Yeah he has the website he is "asking" about as his website on his profile