It is good or not?

lafountain

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was think of buy a edge jersey from ebay and I think it is one of the indo-edge jerseys.

Can you help me out

Here is the ebay number: 300743471521

Yup indo edge

So, this is a bit after the fact now, but I didn't expect to have this problem...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140799629972?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_500wt_1413

I have been trying to replace the version of this jersey with the fight strap/elbows/”STARTER” on the hem that I traded away last year and I hoped on this when I saw it because from the pictures it looked fine just basing off of memory of what my other one looked like.

Now, I can’t look at it too in depth now as I am at work, but it would appear that the jersey is quite different. The material is much shinier than I remember and not nearly as soft. Did Starter also use slightly different jersey material that first year? Also I don’t remember the section of striping across the chest being sewn onto the black material above/below; maybe it just wasn’t as noticeable on the fight strap version…but it reminds me very much of the old 1992 Pens “Griffenfood Special” knockoffs. I’ll take some better pictures when I get home, but you can see the listing photos at the link above.

Anyone have an opinion or have photos of one of these same models?

Yea, I'm not sure. I didn't think anything of it until I got the package this morning, thought things were fishy and realized that three tags looked a bit much.

If it ends up being a fake, I would really appreciate anyone with that same version of the Pens Jammies jersey to post good detailed pictures so I can make a claim through Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/...ME:B:SS:US:1123

Calling dibs - :) Is it real? It doesn't look right, but the seller's "Talking the talk," so I figured I'd ask.

It's not right to call it a 2.0, it's an Indo-Edge. I've seen very few of these, but I will say that the fight strap and cheap-looking attachment look just like they should on an Indo. It's probably real.

http://www.ebay.com/...ME:B:SS:US:1123

Calling dibs - :) Is it real? It doesn't look right, but the seller's "Talking the talk," so I figured I'd ask.

Interesting how the size is incorporated into the collar tape. In production this forces the sewing machine operator to change out the tape for every bundle of a different size. More labor, but this feature is probably targeted at the "counterfeiters" who would now need to invest in sized collar tape for all their fakes.

That Lidstrom is very interesting. Are you certain that the airknit material has exactly the same pattern as that in the Zetterberg? The Indos I've seen have a different pattern/texture to them. Also, what does the fight strap attachment look like from the inside of the jersey- can you post a photo? Just one more thing- is the Reebok wordmark logo heat-pressed or stitched on the back? Thanks!

That Lidstrom is very interesting. Are you certain that the airknit material has exactly the same pattern as that in the Zetterberg? The Indos I've seen have a different pattern/texture to them. Also, what does the fight strap attachment look like from the inside of the jersey- can you post a photo? Just one more thing- is the Reebok wordmark logo heat-pressed or stitched on the back? Thanks!

I'll take some more detailed photos when I get home, as I realize the ones I just put up are hard to see. But as I said, side by side, other than the sleeves, they're very hard to tell apart. More later.....

The sleeves look a lot skinnier on the Indo, also it still looks like the fight strap is attached with white twill but the pics will tell for sure.

The tagging is clearly different than retail indo-edges, but it does say that it is made in Indonesia.

I don't have any real firsthand experience with Indo-Edges, so I'm curious how is the tagging different than the retail indos?

I have been trying to replace the version of this jersey with the fight strap/elbows/”STARTER” on the hem that I traded away last year and I hoped on this when I saw it because from the pictures it looked fine just basing off of memory of what my other one looked like.

Now, I can’t look at it too in depth now as I am at work, but it would appear that the jersey is quite different. The material is much shinier than I remember and not nearly as soft. Did Starter also use slightly different jersey material that first year? Also I don’t remember the section of striping across the chest being sewn onto the black material above/below; maybe it just wasn’t as noticeable on the fight strap version…but it reminds me very much of the old 1992 Pens “Griffenfood Special” knockoffs. I’ll take some better pictures when I get home, but you can see the listing photos at the link above.

I've seen other earlier Starters with the extra tag, so I wouldn't worry too much about that. Here's one right here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARIO-LEMIEUX-PITTSBURGH-PENGUINS-JERSEY-STARTER-48-90S-VINTAGE-TOUGH-JERSEY-/360433522627?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item53eb8317c3

Was this jersey made in Haiti, and does it have a fight strap? My El Salvador-made 1997/98 has the colored striping panel sewn in between the top and bottom black panels, not on top of them.

One more question, is the airknit pattern a repeating series of double holes, like a quotation mark (")? I'll be curious to see your photos...

No, sorry I should have been more clear. I used to have the fight strap version, the one that just arrived is the non-strap version.

The pictures in that ebay link you listed look very similar to this, so I'm feeling better, but I'll hold my final judgement for when I get home and make a proper inspection. The airknit pattern is as you describe with the quotation mark looking double holes.

The colored striping panel on mine sounds like yours - almost like the jersey is actually in thirds and then sewn together.

Maybe I'm ok after all.

Yeah, unless you find something strange, from your reply I'm inclined to think it's OK.

It has none.

That was my question basically, All the Indo-Edges I've seen have no neck tagging other than the green ribbon listing size. Are there some Indo-Edges that have more neck tagging than just the ribbon?

It's a genuine rbk premier (replica) jersey, the premiers aren't faked or not that I have seen.

Okay thank you!

Don't know too much about the Edge stuff, intrested in getting one of these, let me know what you think.

http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1423.l2649

I know it says premier in the description, but thought Iwould run it by you guys.

Edited by DMadole

You are correct- it's not a Premier, it's an Edge 1.0. Hard to see details, but judging by the texture of the material and the stitching in the neck area, it looks OK to me.

EDIT: I hadn't paid any attention to this before (not a Sharks expert), but the customization is somewhat off. The diagonal line on the top of the "1" is too long, and there should be some white jersey material visible through notches on the inside of the number 2 on the chest. On the nameplate, the bottom point in the center of the "M" should come all the way down to the bottom of the name.

The jersey itself still looks good, though.