It is good or not?

lafountain

Looked legit to me but I wanted to make sure:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&&item=280934650012#ht_500wt_1414

Thoughts?

Please don't waste your time or money, it's fake. The only "authentic" (i.e., not replica) white Kings jersey available for sale this past season (other than gamers) is the Indonesian-made 7231 model. It doesn't have any tags in the neck, just a green stripe with info printed on it. This one has the older style size tag along with a replica-style Reebok tag, and a terrible-looking Reebok neck stripe. The fight strap looks small and cheap, the jersey material has the wrong texture, even the silver dazzle stripes are all wrinkled and way too shiny. The front crest is too big, and the NHL shield patch looks nothing like an authentic's. The customization is really inaccurate, and there's even a nameplate, whereas the Kings don't use them.

There are some other things wrong as well, but in short, it's a really awful fake.

If you want to see what real (as used by the players) Finals jerseys look like, go here:

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreDirectory.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&catLevel=1&catParentID=59992&scId=59992&oldParentID=59992

These are not exactly the same as retail 7231 jerseys, (especially in regards to the neck tags) but you can clearly see the difference in finish, and the customization, of course, is spot-on.

This is what the 2011-12 Indonesian-made retail authentic looks like, with the green neck stripe:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JONATHAN-QUICK-AUTHENTIC-2012-STANLEY-CUP-LOS-ANGELES-KINGS-EDGE-JERSEY-SZ-60-/261039354114?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item3cc7287102

The jersey is legit, but the customization is awful. You can tell the difference right away when you compare them to the MeiGray game-issued ones.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please don't waste your time or money, it's fake. The only "authentic" (i.e., not replica) white Kings jersey available for sale this past season (other than gamers) is the Indonesian-made 7231 model. It doesn't have any tags in the neck, just a green stripe with info printed on it. This one has the older style size tag along with a replica-style Reebok tag, and a terrible-looking Reebok neck stripe. The fight strap looks small and cheap, the jersey material has the wrong texture, even the silver dazzle stripes are all wrinkled and way too shiny. The front crest is too big, and the NHL shield patch looks nothing like an authentic's. The customization is really inaccurate, and there's even a nameplate, whereas the Kings don't use them.

There are some other things wrong as well, but in short, it's a really awful fake.

If you want to see what real (as used by the players) Finals jerseys look like, go here:

http://www.meigray.c...dParentID=59992

These are not exactly the same as retail 7231 jerseys, (especially in regards to the neck tags) but you can clearly see the difference in finish, and the customization, of course, is spot-on.

This is what the 2011-12 Indonesian-made retail authentic looks like, with the green neck stripe:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3cc7287102

The jersey is legit, but the customization is awful. You can tell the difference right away when you compare them to the MeiGray game-issued ones.

Hmm, ok. Thanks. I guess his other jersey listing, probably a replica, is also fake then. http://www.ebay.com/itm/280934652424?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1426.l2649#ht_500wt_1414

Actually the replica looks legit. They don't usually fake replicas. Customization still leaves something to be desired though.

Just wondering folks, when the original six wore the TBTC jerseys in the '91-'92 season - did CCM make replicas of all of them? So far I've only saw Blackhawks, Maple Leafs & Rangers replicas from the time (on Third String Goalie) and also a Canadiens one on eBay.

Just wondering folks, when the original six wore the TBTC jerseys in the '91-'92 season - did CCM make replicas of all of them? So far I've only saw Blackhawks, Maple Leafs & Rangers replicas from the time (on Third String Goalie) and also a Canadiens one on eBay.

If it belongs to HockeyMusic then it's real and yes they did make replicas for the Habs TBTC jerseys.

Hey guys Im new to this Forum, I have been browsing for a few weeks now and I think Im starting to get a little more of a feel of whats real and whats fake.

However im still struggling with a lot of things especially with the Nike Jerseys. For Example is this Real or a Fake? http://www.ebay.com/itm/271028908880?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

It's real, but it's just a replica.

Sorry to say - It's actually a fake. By having the size in chest measurements (52 in this case) it is proclaiming to be an Authentic. It has no fight strap or NHL shield by the swoosh on the back hem. Here's a genuine authentic, par exemple:

10p7i34.jpg

Also, the neck tags should be as follows on an authentic:

steve-yzerman-detroit-red-wings-1997-cup-authentic-nike-jersey-size-481-189-t1762879-500.jpg

Here's the neck labels of a genuine replica (notice the size in letters (L) and no NHL Player pressed label):

339n42q.jpg

I still think it's a legit replica. The fact that the seller uses the term authentic doesn't mean to me they are mis-representing the jersey, I think it's a matter of some sellers using "authentic" to mean "genuine/licensed". The NHL Player tag just denotes that it uses an NHLPA kit for the customization and was probably added when the jersey was customized.

In the end the only suspicious piece is the size tag listing 52(L). However considering Nike's practices of blurring the line between replicas and authentics during that era (see 1998 Olympic jerseys) I wouldn't be surprised if that was something they had on some of their replica jerseys at that time.

I really don't think the counterfeiters would take the time to make up a fake replica jersey to compete with the fake authentics from this era they already have.

Something seems really off with that TBTC jersey. First the CCM on the hem is missing the embroidered shield and if you zoom in, it looks like the CCM is coming off like it was screen printed. The "C" on the arm and the front also looks way too shiny, like it was made from vinyl.

Something seems really off with that TBTC jersey. First the CCM on the hem is missing the embroidered shield and if you zoom in, it looks like the CCM is coming off like it was screen printed. The "C" on the arm and the front also looks way too shiny, like it was made from vinyl.

I don't think they're claiming it's an authentic because they're saying size XL and it has the screened CCM which would back that up. Although, I'm with you on how shiny it looks - it looks like it's made from the same material as umbrellas. I know the old CCM Maska replicas were shiny - but that's something else.

I need everyone's opinion, since I'm not the biggest hockey expert.

I wanna order another Oilers gamer. I want someone who will likely be with the team next year, and is also fairly popular and well known. Obviously, I can't choose someone like Hall or Nug, since those cost like a thousand bucks.

Meigray seems to have almost the entire Oilers roster. I know I can choose Hemsky, Horcoff, or Whitney. And others.

Who should I pick?

There are so many options for the Oil, Eager & Belanger will both be on the team for at least 2 more years. Here is a good reference for contracts- http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=1

I'd go for WHitney due to his NTC, and the fact that i strongly believe he'll be resigned. Petry is another guy who i think will last a while with the Oil, but you cant go wrong with Horcoff either.

I just went a head and bought the Hemsky. Still cool even if he leaves. I'm just a bit pissed that this one doesn't have the "A".

While I was at it, I also bought a Daniel Tjarnqvist which was only $195 minus 10% discount. Couldn't pass that one up since I remember playing as him in NHL06, and it's the awesome old navy blue, and I don't have one in that style yet

Thanks guys.

I only wanted the current retro color, so I got that one. They have him in that color currently, but they're only 25% off. So I bought that one, without the "A".

I already have a Steve Staios in the navy blue color, and the plain white one of the same design is so horrible it would be a measure of last resort. The "A" doesn't matter a whole lot for me, except that I don't currently have a jersey with an "A" or a "C", and I do want one.

Eventually I may collect a jersey of every Oilers design, though I don't see myself worrying about stuff that was CCM and before... after all, the current design is so similar. For the 1996-era design I'm getting the Tjarnqvist (navy blue), and I already have a blank white replica of that design. I'm not too picky as long as I have a jersey for each basic design concept. Though that 2007-era white one is definitely last on my list. I do want a current retro white version for sure.

Good call on the Hemsky given the price. The blue retro is the only way to go for their earlier edge jerserys. I actually really like the white one they introduced last year, but the previous dark blue and white are very unappealing. You probably know that Edmonton uses edge 1.0s and that this gameworn will be a little bit different than the 2.0 I assume you got with the Vancouver Hordichuk you were talking about.

Yeah no problem. I do know about the Oilers using only 1.0. I already have the Oilers Staios jersey, so I know how 1.0 feels. I like them both, 1.0 and 2.0.

The Tjarnqvist will be cool too, since it'll be my first old school mesh authentic. I've only ever seen Edge jerseys, and a CCM mesh replica.

BTW... I was curious about something. What's with the smell of the jerseys that come from Meigray? Both of mine have the same scent. I always notice the smell of new things. I don't mind it, I just haven smelled that scent before. Does Meigray spray the jerseys with some kind of preservative or disinfectant? Or is it something to do with the way the teams wash their jerseys? Dry cleaning? Then again, the Staios I got is supposedly issued, not worn. I'll always look forward to that "new" smell when I buy jerseys from them, and open them for the first time.

I'd say the smell of the jerseys has a bit of a "grassy" tint in there somewhere, like they had been on a football field or something. I'm curious about it. It's very unique. The smell doesn't seem to come totally out after the first wash, either.