It is good or not?

lafountain

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Smyth and Eberle both look like legit replica jerseys. I don't know anything about the vintage jerseys so I am less sure about the Messier, but I think it's also a real replica or reproduction. I am unsure how accurate the customization is on any of them though. I don't think any of those jerseys are fakes though.

Just a guess, being a newer member with a limited knowledge, but I'm guessing a replica that was personalized?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230977369998?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Can anyone confirm if this is good? Been looking for a starter 48 for a while.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=181137122001

I've dealt with that seller before, 100% legit.

Just a guess, being a newer member with a limited knowledge, but I'm guessing a replica that was personalized?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230977369998?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Yup, probably factory customized.

Is it possible for a KOHO game issued/worn jersey to have the black KOHO neck label in the jersey?

http://jerseys.x10.bz/ebay/jerseys/Toejam9/Hockey/NewJerseyDevils_Red_48_Newark07/necktags.jpg

Its possible but unlikely.

Thanks!

The jersey itself is a Legwand mustard Preds jersey, size 56

Oh ok, then most likely no. PM pics if you want to I can probably figure it out for you pretty quick.

Thanks ankle skater. What are the best ways to tell if a 'Hawks jersey is fake? I have found that the usual giveaways for me are when the black and white stripes on the bottom are different pieces of material sewn together rather than one piece that is printed black and white, and when the patch holding the fight tag doesn't have zig zag sewing. Or if the "Reebok" or Reebok symbol above the number is not a patch.

Now that I have found this site, perhaps the best way is for me to post if here. :unsure: Seriously, I am brand new to this, all I want is one nice 'Hawks jersey for a decent price, and I can't believe how much time I am spending on this...

Thanks ankle skater. What are the best ways to tell if a 'Hawks jersey is fake? I have found that the usual giveaways for me are when the black and white stripes on the bottom are different pieces of material sewn together rather than one piece that is printed black and white, and when the patch holding the fight tag doesn't have zig zag sewing. Or if the "Reebok" or Reebok symbol above the number is not a patch.

Now that I have found this site, perhaps the best way is for me to post if here. :unsure: Seriously, I am brand new to this, all I want is one nice 'Hawks jersey for a decent price, and I can't believe how much time I am spending on this...

For Hawks jerseys, the real authentics have chain stitching on the crest and shoulder patches, which gives it a distinct look when photographed (see the texture on the crest?): http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-Chicago-Blackhawks-Team-Issue-Jersey-Reebok-Edge-2-0-52-7287-/290913723130?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item43bbcf22fa

Fakes either have the indian head as the wrong size, or not chain stitched, and the fight strap usually looks crappy, as seen in the two links i posted previously.

For Hawks jerseys, the real authentics have chain stitching on the crest and shoulder patches, which gives it a distinct look when photographed (see the texture on the crest?): http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-Chicago-Blackhawks-Team-Issue-Jersey-Reebok-Edge-2-0-52-7287-/290913723130?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item43bbcf22fa

Fakes either have the indian head as the wrong size, or not chain stitched, and the fight strap usually looks crappy, as seen in the two links i posted previously.

The current usual giveaway on fakes is the too narrow fight strap attachment on all teams. Another Hawks specific feature I see wrong on quite a few fakes is the embroidery on the tomahawks.

Thank you all. I am getting smarter by the day, but it will take a long time to get to where y'all are. I appreciate the guidance.

Ya once you get an authentic or a gamer that really helps to be able to tell the differance. Just before I joined here I bought a really bad fake Then I asked on here about getting a authentic and I ended up buying a gamer and what a world of differance between the jerseys now I'm pretty confident in the reebok edge era jerseys but still learning the older styles.

^one of the quick learners! Im still stoked on how you went right to the gamer. One of the best choices you couldve made and an amazing jersey to boot.

Thanks. Ya after that Stastny jersey I kinda hit the ground running on collecting... I have 3 avs games(one is a warm up jersey, not sure if its considered a gamer) one avs koho third and I have 2 gamers on the way and two jerseys out getting customized. The best part is hunting these things down and the worst part is waiting to actually get them

The best part is hunting these things down and the worst part is waiting to actually get them

Couldnt agree more.

I haven't bought an authentic jersey for about 10+ years now and I am very concerned to drop a few hundred dollars with all of the fakes out there. Can anyone tell me if this is a real deal jersey. It is odd that it only has the Reebok tape in the neck and no Reebok Edge or other tags anywhere but I did also read that the Red Wings team ordered slightly lighter weight jerseys so maybe that is why.

Thanks for the help.

Eric

$(KGrHqN,!qcFEOWU6V0lBRd5mpG,vg~~60_57.J$(KGrHqJ,!l!FFyf5vyM4BRd5my)(Iw~~60_57.J$(KGrHqJ,!roFE2OVGU6kBRd5m7qU)Q~~60_57.J

Sorry the pictures are so small. I had to stay within the 500 kb limit. If someone wants to see a higher resolution picture, I can upload one or two with greater resolution. I do realize this is the inferior Indonesian Edge, but I believe it is still a "real" Reebok. Looking for confirmation... :unsure:

yeah that is an indo-edge. White material on the fight strap is how they are attached.

Thank you! The thing I have noticed in my brief time trying to find a real one is that the fake ones not only may have the wrong color fabric holding the strap, but they also do not have the zigzag "X" in the middle.

The material, tagging, and fight strap differ from an Edge 1.0 or 2.0, but that Indo is "real" (aka, not a counterfeit). Here's a link to a team issue that shows the differences

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHICAGO-BLACKHAWKS-HOME-AUTHENTIC-NHL-REEBOK-EDGE-2-0-JERSEY-TEAM-ISSUED-SZ-54-/290857854413?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item43b87aa5cd&nma=true&si=UAYBHgDai23rghT9dJfgxt3fa0g%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

It's up to you if you want to wait in the hopes of finding an Edge 2.0 in the size you want or grab an Indo.