It is good or not?

lafountain

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251280342926;jsessionid=F4C920EE29346205CCC727AE888B6EF7?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3D251280342926%26_rdc%3D1

The jersey itself looks legit to me but I know the name plate is wrong for sure and not the correct arch in the name but Is it actually legit? And worth getting the correct material for the name plate.

Thanks guys

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys. Do Edges even exist with that throwback design?

Yes, they do but they are quite hard to find. Here's one that I have:

kopitarV_f.jpgkopitarV_b.jpg

^ wow, what a beauty

This one is strange,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1990s-JEREMY-ROENICK-Chicago-BLACKHAWKS-Authentic-Game-Jersey-Size-54-/161033889390?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item257e5e266e

I know the customization is way off but I've never seen the small Indian head on a Nike.

Were these faked?

LAK74 -- your Kopitar retro is a retail authentic? How many years did they offer them? Were Wordmark retro authentics available this year?

Thanks, guys. This retail authentic is a 1.0, and as far as I know they were only briefly available for the first year they were used by the team, which would have been around 2010-11. I think the situation was similar to that of the All-Star jerseys- they initially make limited quantities, then no more are made after that. So no wordmarked retails were ever made available (but of course you could get wordmarked gamers, and I'm happy to have one of those as well).

There have been a few replicas on ebay over the past few months that have been as low as $25 BIN. With customizing at DA, you're looking at about $100 for jersey and name/number. You still have to get the shoulder patches, too. Probably $25 - $30 for those. With shipping both ways (if you have to ship) and patches you're about at $150. They aren't always that cheap, but you can get one for around $40 to $50 with a little patience.

Thank you once again. A 2000 All-Star Goalie Jersey customized with Curtis Joseph popped up with all the patches too for $80, I'm just debating on whether to get it or not. http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-art-collectibles-Curtis-Joseph-2000-All-Star-Jersey-W0QQAdIdZ487857723

So initially I was always planning on just collecting replica jerseys since I thought it would be way to expensive for me to get authentics, but after lurking this board for a while now, I can't ignore how much nicer authentics looks so I think I'm just going to be patient. I ended up winning that Nike Forsberg Size 44 Sweden Jersey, but it doesn't come with a fight strap so does that mean its not authentic? But I saw your Sweden Forsberg jersey and read the story and I am really jealous haha it's a really nice jersey.

One more question though, so now I really want to get a Burgundy Avs Starter Mesh and a 2001 World All-Star Jersey. I've been looking through sizing on the board and I think I'd be a size 48 for them. The problem I have is though, I live in Toronto, so I would assume shipping to DA and back would be a hefty cost, so do you think it would be worth waiting for those jerseys customized?

Thanks a lot for all your answers. Sorry for the short story haha I actually have a ton of questions but just don't want to just be constantly answering questions, but I'm learning a lot on this forum

This one is strange,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1990s-JEREMY-ROENICK-Chicago-BLACKHAWKS-Authentic-Game-Jersey-Size-54-/161033889390?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item257e5e266e

I know the customization is way off but I've never seen the small Indian head on a Nike.

Were these faked?

Indian head is too small, customization is terrible and the lower neck label doesn't match with other Nike authentics. Think this is the 1st fake Nike authentic jersey I've seen.

Thanks, guys. This retail authentic is a 1.0, and as far as I know they were only briefly available for the first year they were used by the team, which would have been around 2010-11. I think the situation was similar to that of the All-Star jerseys- they initially make limited quantities, then no more are made after that. So no wordmarked retails were ever made available (but of course you could get wordmarked gamers, and I'm happy to have one of those as well).

Cool, thanks for the info. It's absolutely a beauty. Did you buy it personalized or did you have someone do it afterward?

Which player is your Wordmark 2.0?

If you ever see another 1.0, keep me in mind, as I would definitely like to add one of those to the collection. This years gamers were pretty steep.

I bought it blank and had it lettered by the Kings' team customizer. My 2.0 is of Justin Williams.

Indian head is too small, customization is terrible and the lower neck label doesn't match with other Nike authentics. Think this is the 1st fake Nike authentic jersey I've seen.

I don't think it's fake - check the collar stitching/construction, as well as the layers being sublimated. Griffenfood used to sell fake Nike Red Wings jerseys, and none looked close to that.

Not sure what the deal is (maybe a prototype?), but doesn't look fake.

I don't think these are fake but is the price good? I heard 550s were the best replicas out there and I can't find a decent Kings Edge in my size:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/350571653276?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

and

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/390499455109?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Those aren't fake, but pricewise you could probably do a little better. You can find a blank in that style for around $40 and get it customized for a grand total of about $100 or so. I'd avoid those particular ones anyway because of the customization. The Brown is horrible, and he wasn't even captain when they wore that style. And as for the Gretzky, well, why anyone would put him on a jersey style he never used is beyond me.

You are right, but I was sure Dustin was a captain while they used those jerseys, but now I see now that the two jerseys are slightly different in colour and along the bottom:

104.jpg

Thank you once again. A 2000 All-Star Goalie Jersey customized with Curtis Joseph popped up with all the patches too for $80, I'm just debating on whether to get it or not. http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-art-collectibles-Curtis-Joseph-2000-All-Star-Jersey-W0QQAdIdZ487857723

So initially I was always planning on just collecting replica jerseys since I thought it would be way to expensive for me to get authentics, but after lurking this board for a while now, I can't ignore how much nicer authentics looks so I think I'm just going to be patient. I ended up winning that Nike Forsberg Size 44 Sweden Jersey, but it doesn't come with a fight strap so does that mean its not authentic? But I saw your Sweden Forsberg jersey and read the story and I am really jealous haha it's a really nice jersey.

One more question though, so now I really want to get a Burgundy Avs Starter Mesh and a 2001 World All-Star Jersey. I've been looking through sizing on the board and I think I'd be a size 48 for them. The problem I have is though, I live in Toronto, so I would assume shipping to DA and back would be a hefty cost, so do you think it would be worth waiting for those jerseys customized?

Thanks a lot for all your answers. Sorry for the short story haha I actually have a ton of questions but just don't want to just be constantly answering questions, but I'm learning a lot on this forum

No worries, man. It only takes a few minutes to throw down a reply. That Cujo jersey is a pretty decent price. Can't tell what material the nameplate is made out of, though. Looks like twill, not airknit to me. That may or may not bother you, especially if the price is right. It is a replica, too (didn't see that specified in the listing) Congrats on the Forsberg Sweden: apparently there was an era with the nike international jerseys that were sized with numbers like authentics but didn't come with fight straps. Members here call them "repli-thentics" because they have traits of both replicas and authentics. I think what you won is one of these, which is a step above a nike replica and may be the only thing above replica that was available at retail for that era. If you want more detailed info, IIHFJerseyCollector is very well versed in the international jerseys. If he doesn't jump in on the thread, PM him, he's great and always willing to answer questions. As for my Forsberg Swift, yeah I grin real big every time I think about how lucky I got with that jersey, it's ##### awesome!

For Starters and '01 all stars I'll say this: I have both, and the '01 all star is WAY bigger than the meshes, even though they're all sized at 48. The CCM all stars from that year ran really big. If your nike 44 fits, you'll probably swim in a CCM 48 all star. I've never seen one, but I assume they made 46s in that jersey, which may be worth waiting for. As for pre-customized ones, the Avs mesh jerseys that are already customized are off in one way or another more often than not. Either the curve on the nameplate is wrong, or the cut/thickness of layers on the numbers is off...Probably better to get a blank and send it in, plus I see more blank meshes than ones customized with Forsberg anyway. Same for the '01 all stars. It's harder to see the difference in customization when they aren't done at DA, but I can spot one that was done somewhere else. And there's usually an issue, like your Cujo, with the nameplate material. Shipping may be brutal, but in the end an extra 30 or 40 bucks for something you'll love and have for years and years to come will be worth it.

No worries, man. It only takes a few minutes to throw down a reply. That Cujo jersey is a pretty decent price. Can't tell what material the nameplate is made out of, though. Looks like twill, not airknit to me. That may or may not bother you, especially if the price is right. It is a replica, too (didn't see that specified in the listing) Congrats on the Forsberg Sweden: apparently there was an era with the nike international jerseys that were sized with numbers like authentics but didn't come with fight straps. Members here call them "repli-thentics" because they have traits of both replicas and authentics. I think what you won is one of these, which is a step above a nike replica and may be the only thing above replica that was available at retail for that era. If you want more detailed info, IIHFJerseyCollector is very well versed in the international jerseys. If he doesn't jump in on the thread, PM him, he's great and always willing to answer questions. As for my Forsberg Swift, yeah I grin real big every time I think about how lucky I got with that jersey, it's ##### awesome!

For Starters and '01 all stars I'll say this: I have both, and the '01 all star is WAY bigger than the meshes, even though they're all sized at 48. The CCM all stars from that year ran really big. If your nike 44 fits, you'll probably swim in a CCM 48 all star. I've never seen one, but I assume they made 46s in that jersey, which may be worth waiting for. As for pre-customized ones, the Avs mesh jerseys that are already customized are off in one way or another more often than not. Either the curve on the nameplate is wrong, or the cut/thickness of layers on the numbers is off...Probably better to get a blank and send it in, plus I see more blank meshes than ones customized with Forsberg anyway. Same for the '01 all stars. It's harder to see the difference in customization when they aren't done at DA, but I can spot one that was done somewhere else. And there's usually an issue, like your Cujo, with the nameplate material. Shipping may be brutal, but in the end an extra 30 or 40 bucks for something you'll love and have for years and years to come will be worth it.

Yeah I think I will pass on the All-Star jersey, thanks for the unput. And I'm still happy with the Sweden jersey, I think I got it for a bit over $60 shipped, nowhere close to as nice as yours though haha. I actually saw a replica of the Sweden jersey style you have in a retail store, but it seems as though the the material of the three crowns is like a dull dark blue, rather than the brighter material you have. Are replicas supposed to be like that (and I see that actually with a lot of replicas in comparison to authentic jerseys for NHL jerseys as well)?

Ah thanks for the sizing info, I read a few measurements, but I based the all-star jersey sizing off of the 6100 sizing and I actually wasn't thinking that it would be sized more similar to the 2004 Western All-Star Sakic jersey I got from your advice from fullmoon (I got a 46 and its just right I think). So I will keep my eyes out for a size 46 2001 All-Star Jersey, but if not, I think I might even go for a replica size that fits as well. I will definitely try to get a blank Starter Mesh now that you explained it too. Do you think a 48 Starter Mesh would be too big too however? (For reference, I'm 5'9", 165 pounds, don't know if they really helps though). Another thing with smaller sizes though is, what happens to the name/numbers? I've seen smaller sized jerseys with the numbers or nameplates overlapping the bottom or top white/black border and into the blue section of the jersey and it doesn't like good to me at all.

Thanks

Yeah I think I will pass on the All-Star jersey, thanks for the unput. And I'm still happy with the Sweden jersey, I think I got it for a bit over $60 shipped, nowhere close to as nice as yours though haha. I actually saw a replica of the Sweden jersey style you have in a retail store, but it seems as though the the material of the three crowns is like a dull dark blue, rather than the brighter material you have. Are replicas supposed to be like that (and I see that actually with a lot of replicas in comparison to authentic jerseys for NHL jerseys as well)?

Ah thanks for the sizing info, I read a few measurements, but I based the all-star jersey sizing off of the 6100 sizing and I actually wasn't thinking that it would be sized more similar to the 2004 Western All-Star Sakic jersey I got from your advice from fullmoon (I got a 46 and its just right I think). So I will keep my eyes out for a size 46 2001 All-Star Jersey, but if not, I think I might even go for a replica size that fits as well. I will definitely try to get a blank Starter Mesh now that you explained it too. Do you think a 48 Starter Mesh would be too big too however? (For reference, I'm 5'9", 165 pounds, don't know if they really helps though). Another thing with smaller sizes though is, what happens to the name/numbers? I've seen smaller sized jerseys with the numbers or nameplates overlapping the bottom or top white/black border and into the blue section of the jersey and it doesn't like good to me at all.

Thanks

I'm not sure about the Sweden replicas and the differences between crests. I know that the crests on NHL jerseys were much different up close when Starter made them, so that supports what you've seen too. If I were going to get a current Sweden replica, I'd get it here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/370718952932?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2648 Legit nike replica at a great price.

For replica CCM, mediums fit like a 46. And for Starter mesh 48 should fit right for you if your '04 all star 46 is a good fit. My Starter 48s are almost too small. I'm 5'10" 165 for comparison (pretty close to your size), and I like my jerseys to be a little baggy, but not fit like a tent. I don't really like wearing a hoodie under my jerseys either, which some guys do if a jersey fits too big. Take a look at my collection. My white starter mesh Forsberg and Sakic are both 48s and the name and number fit just fine, nothing running onto the piping. You may have an issue with Starter meshes, though with the As and Cs for captain letters. The crests were sewn on really high which doesn't leave any room for letters. I took my crests off and had them sewn on lower to make room, otherwise the letters would run onto the piping. Just some food for thought.

Just a minor point, but whoever had it customized used the pre-1999 jersey with the orange NHL shield, from when LeCavalier was #8.

Just a minor point, but whoever had it customized used the pre-1999 jersey with the orange NHL shield, from when LeCavalier was #8.

Just to be extra picky, the neck tagging with 'Maska Air-Knit' suggests early 90s, and definitely pre '98, Vinny's rookie year.

I'm not sure about the Sweden replicas and the differences between crests. I know that the crests on NHL jerseys were much different up close when Starter made them, so that supports what you've seen too. If I were going to get a current Sweden replica, I'd get it here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/370718952932?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2648 Legit nike replica at a great price.

For replica CCM, mediums fit like a 46. And for Starter mesh 48 should fit right for you if your '04 all star 46 is a good fit. My Starter 48s are almost too small. I'm 5'10" 165 for comparison (pretty close to your size), and I like my jerseys to be a little baggy, but not fit like a tent. I don't really like wearing a hoodie under my jerseys either, which some guys do if a jersey fits too big. Take a look at my collection. My white starter mesh Forsberg and Sakic are both 48s and the name and number fit just fine, nothing running onto the piping. You may have an issue with Starter meshes, though with the As and Cs for captain letters. The crests were sewn on really high which doesn't leave any room for letters. I took my crests off and had them sewn on lower to make room, otherwise the letters would run onto the piping. Just some food for thought.

Ha that is genius, I never thought about that. I will definitely have to move the crests down, no idea how I would do that though, never tried anything like that, but I will do some research. Would DA be willing to do that? I do see some Starter Mesh jerseys in size 48 on eBay, one comes with a nameplate but is listed at $200, the other has no nameplate, but has the "C" logo stitched onto it already, but for half the price. Not sure if I should go for those because I'd much rather get a burgundy one for now, but another thing I was considering was, do you know if DA would allow me to ship from eBay directly to them rather than buying the jersey and having it shipped to my place in Toronto, and then back to DA?

On a side note, does anyone have any input on this jersey please?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/181146800662?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2648

I don't know much about Rangers, but I've tried to compare with pictures and it seems maybe the front "Rangers" are stitched too close and the lettering in the back is a bit thick, but realistically I am not sure.

Thanks

Wow I have not seen so much spaced wasted on two members quoting each other each time something is said .