It is good or not?

lafountain

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's definitely fake. Real Pens jerseys are made of fore-skin. But seriously, that doesn't even look like EDGE material.

Am I wrong, or is that embroidered into the jersey?

It definitely looks embroidered into the jersey.

yeah, i'm not home to check it, wife sent that pic, i'll look tomorrow, but that L in the NHL is typical knockoff is it not?

pretty bad if they're making knock offs of the premier line

Am I wrong, or is that embroidered into the jersey?

It definitely looks embroidered into the jersey.

yeah i thought that was odd too, seems like a lot of work on their part for a knock off of a premier jersey rather than a game jersey

the stitching is still really sloppy though

seems like a lot of work on their part for a knock off of a premier jersey rather than a game jersey

the stitching is still really sloppy though

A lot of the fake sites mix the marketing language and size information between the replica/premiers and authentics. The site you linked had "L/50" "XL/52" etc. and used stock photos. I would guess that when you get home it has a fight strap and probably doesn't have a jock tag on the front and is a fake authentic.

The fake sites have gotten a bit smarter, instead of selling at $30-40, they up the price to $100 and use stock photos to make people think it's a more reasonable "deal" on a customized replica when it's the same fake jersey either way. Then they count on people not caring when they get the jersey that it's an "authentic" instead of a replica/premier.

A lot of the fake sites mix the marketing language and size information between the replica/premiers and authentics. The site you linked had "L/50" "XL/52" etc. and used stock photos. I would guess that when you get home it has a fight strap and probably doesn't have a jock tag on the front and is a fake authentic.

The fake sites have gotten a bit smarter, instead of selling at $30-40, they up the price to $100 and use stock photos to make people think it's a more reasonable "deal" on a customized replica when it's the same fake jersey either way. Then they count on people not caring when they get the jersey that it's an "authentic" instead of a replica/premier.

just got home, yeah its fake, the white areas of the crest are all wavy (as are some of the other areas, the numbers are really shiny (and dingy) there is no 'size' tag in the bottom front corner, but there is a fight strap...they can't even make up their minds what they want to dupe...

jeesh, i just noticed the E in penguins....

so can anyone suggest a place that has better than msrp prices? (with or without customizing)

SL734238.jpg

SL734237.jpg

SL734236.jpg

Buy direct from the team and get the best of the best- http://jjdistributing.weebly.com/weekly-sale-items-new.html

That is their sale stuff. Look through game issued of the other seasons under the 'jerseys for sale' link. Lots of very good deals.

ALL 2011-2012 BLACK AND WHITE GAME ISSUED JERSEYS 150.00

http://jjdistributing.weebly.com/2011-2012-callups-preseason--game-issued.html

To get a game issued jersey for the price of a replica is pretty solid Id think but stick with the fakes I guess.

PITTSBURGH PENGUINS SABOURIN 30 B 2008-2009-1 175.00

PITTSBURGH PENGUINS BORTUZZO 64 B 2009-2010-1 175.00 PRE-SEASON

ALL 2009-2010 BLACK AND WHITE GAME ISSUED JERSEYS $100.00

ALL 2011-2012 BLACK AND WHITE GAME ISSUED JERSEYS 150.00

ALL 2011-2012 PRESEASON JERSEYS $200.00

PITTSBURGH PENGUINS CONNOR 16 ALT-2 2011-2 275.00 GAME ISSUED

PITTSBURGH PENGUINS TANGRADI 26 ALT-2 2011-2 275.00 GAME ISSUED

PITTSBURGH PENGUINS HUTCHINSON 8 ALT 2010-2011 350.00 CONSOL PATCH

In the misc section he has blank black or white for under $100 in addition to the sales listed above. Do you want to keep getting fakes or spend a couple of dollars and get something legit?

I don't blame someone for wanting to have a legit premier customized to their favorite player instead of a game issue of another player etc.

From what I've seen, there's not many places that still carry those light blue Premier Penguins jerseys at all, and those that do are full retail price $125-130, and that's for a blank.

HockeyMonkey has them for $130 in all sizes, other places mainly had only XL or XXL.

HockeyJerseysDirect is one of the cheaper places to buy Premier replicas at $88 but they don't show 3rd jerseys so no idea if they have them, but worth a call.

Either way you're looking at having to get it customized which will probably run you another $40-60. I'm not an expert on Pens jerseys, so if you get to that point I'm sure one of the guys here can tell what your options are.

ok, i dont know where a couple of you guys are getting the idea that i want a fake,

obviously i don't, considering my posts here

but nor do i want a game issue jersey with someone already on it i dont follow (or that i'd feel uncomfortable wearing something unique like that out) especially at some of the prices, not saying that some of those deals on the jj site aren't bad

why would i buy something that isn't what i'm looking for?

akteon, thanks, yeah the light blue is getting hard to come by, will probably just buy a blank from a local 'sports' shop for 125 unless i can find someplace online that can do it customized for a reasonable amount (local place that i had my ahl jersey customized for said it'll run about 70 to do this one now...)

For a Pens blue, you're looking at $200+ customized for a premiere ... if you can find one ... after shipping, taxes, etc. For a white or black blank, $80 from JJ distributing. Or $100-150 for a black or white potential strip project. With any luck you can return that fake otherwise your total cost just jumped up by over $100.

Some of us are pickier and would rather have an authentic. Some of us also have the experience, as well as the patience, to know how to strip the previous players name and number off of a game-issued jersey. I don't blame you if you'd rather not do that.

For the record, I've bought and traded with JJDist. a few times, so if you ever do decide to go that route, you can take comfort in the customer care. My white 2.0 Malkin jersey w. the 2009 SC finals patch is a game issue from them that I stripped. Cost me a little more than $200, but I'm a lot happier than I was with a Malkin premiere jersey before that.

The guy clearly doesn't want to buy fakes. Why are people throwing that in his face? He doesn't want to buy fakes, he just doesn't want to spend that much on a game issued of a player he may not want. Ease up on him.

If you want a legit blank authentic baby blue, let me know. I can get those. Check my store in the trading post.

Some advice on these couple would be great, thanks. Curious about the Blues one, I thought that the vintage hockey line were numbered sizes? Or are there both?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=321135181137

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281114303655?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230989129876?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

They're all good. The Blues one is a replica though.

The guy clearly doesn't want to buy fakes. Why are people throwing that in his face? He doesn't want to buy fakes, he just doesn't want to spend that much on a game issued of a player he may not want. Ease up on him.

If you want a legit blank authentic baby blue, let me know. I can get those. Check my store in the trading post.

thanks i'll check it out

and for clarity, my wife actually bought me the jersey as a gift, but i found and showed her the link so its initially my fault for not investigating thoroughly enough

but she's been distraught the past several days (being pregnant hasn't helped) over it being a fake and trying to get her money back and not having got me a good jersey

finally after much arguing with the 'seller' and dealing with chase and threats of the credit card company reversing the charges she got an email from them saying that they would refund the full amount, she didn't have to send the jersey back we could keep it (not sure what we'd do with it...) but to please not pursue the charge reversal with the bank lol

so we'll see if they actually refund it, i already turned the site in to reebok for selling counterfeits so hopefully they're done one way or the other

thanks to dsl for checking his inventory for me,

funny thing happened, wife and i were going to mall to see a movie so we went by this small chain sports clothing and memorabilia type store to show her a real premier jersey as we walk up there's signs out front saying all nhl apparel is 25% off if you like/follow the store on facebook :blink:

so we go in and they have two different light blue, one, the premier of the 2010 alternate jersey for $115, and a "vintage line" replica of the original (also 'premier' level) of the jersey that alternate jersey is based on (basically the same, very slightly darker shade of blue, and with blue/black laces instead of white, also no nhl placket behind laces) for $140

settled on the alternate premier because the vintage had much baggier arms (due to larger pads back in the day i imagine) and therefore felt odd to wear compared to the regular one

so she bought me the premier alternate, with the advertised discount it was 87 bucks before tax :shot: can't complain about that (also picked up a penguins bib for the baby on the way) one bit now to see how much the local place wants to get it orpik'd up

thanks again to everyones advice and suggestions in this thread

I found it on a french website : http://www.leboncoin.fr/vetements/485993381.htm?ca=7_s

but i'm not able to tell if that's a fake or not ?

terribly fake!

Okay, so when did they start counterfeitting AHL blanks? Thought I scored a deal on a blank WBS Penguins authentic, but it arrived today and turned out to be a fake (a surprisingly well-done fake, but a fake nonetheless). Needless to say, I've opened a case with the seller on eBay, so *fingers crossed* I get my money back. I didn't bother taking pics, but here's the original listing,,,Just wanted to get the word out and voice my frustration with those that understand.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140986928247?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649