It is good or not?

lafountain

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding RBK jerseys, how prevalent are fake "Premier" jerseys? Aside from small runs, does such a thing even exist? It seems that all the fake jerseys are made to resemble the more expensive lines.

There are very few fake replicas out there to my knowledge

It looks legit to me. Isn't the seller the company that customizes the Leafs' jerseys?

It looks legit to me. Isn't the seller the company that customizes the Leafs' jerseys?

I thought everything looked legit except that the crest was not chained stitched, but maybe that was just the image quality...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alex-Ovechkin-Winter-Classic-Game-worn-jersey-/251295698510?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item3a82640e4e

Seller said he had it checked out and its legit!!! Anybody want to go in on it with me??? What a @#$%ing joke!!!

I reported that piece of garbage, and sent the seller an expletive-laden tirade. What a scumbag.

I thought everything looked legit except that the crest was not chained stitched, but maybe that was just the image quality...

The picture of the front is a little blurred from camera motion so the details may have been smeared because of that. I can see that the nameplate is air-knit though.

Reporting fake items does nothing in most cases

I think the jerseys good on the Blackhawks but the lettering is way off. I'm not an expert on those thought.

Does anybody know if these versions of Nike Team Canada jerseys are legitimate?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Team-Canada-Jersey-2002-Winter-Olympics-size-Medium-by-Nike-/330946469311?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item4d0df25dbf

They are made in Korea (That's what gets me, I was under the maybe false impression that all Team Canada jerseys were made in Canada....but it's Nike so who knows). They have no Swoosh on the upper back above where the name plate would go. All crests are stitched on.

Can someone please tell me is this jersey is authentic, one that Sakic would have worn in a game?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/CCM-Nordiques-Joe-Sakic-Jersey-Sky-Blue-19-wholesale-Quebec-Authentic-embroider-Ice-Hockey-jerseys-number/625788783.html

It seems too good to be true...

Thanks for the feedback

Sorry, completely fake.

Every jersey on that site aliexpress.com and it's parent site alibaba.com are knockoff imports. Avoid dhgate.com for the same reasons.

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=3296a0008a22b9ad&id=photomail_3296A0008A22B9AD%212923&path=/photomail/{00d486da-8df4-4157-b621-aff8abe4bc3c}ℑ=3296A0008A22B9AD!2926&imagehi=3296A0008A22B9AD!2924&sff=1

Can someone tell me if these Sakic jerseys are real? Should be from the 1996 Playoffs.

My concern is the crooked Avs logo, the proximity of the Playoffs patch to the shoulder and the lettering on the back.

Thanks again for the help and feedback.

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=3296a0008a22b9ad&id=photomail_3296A0008A22B9AD%212923&path=/photomail/{00d486da-8df4-4157-b621-aff8abe4bc3c}ℑ=3296A0008A22B9AD!2926&imagehi=3296A0008A22B9AD!2924&sff=1

Can someone tell me if these Sakic jerseys are real? Should be from the 1996 Playoffs.

My concern is the crooked Avs logo, the proximity of the Playoffs patch to the shoulder and the lettering on the back.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/sz56-ccm-mario-lemieux-penguins-away-jersey-/121136071629?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item1c3445c3cd&autorefresh=true

Threw a low bid on this, girlfriend's always wanted a Mario throwback and I've yet to get her a graduation gift (just finished up photography school). I always assumed the Heroes Of Hockey series were replicas, but what's with the numerical sizing on the tag?

Also, from what I've read, Lemieux would have only worn the golds in the 84 pre-season, well before he was named captain. Is that C going to be a pain in the Arse to strip, if I win it?

It's fake so I would avoid if outright.

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=3296a0008a22b9ad&id=photomail_3296A0008A22B9AD!2923&path=/photomail/{00d486da-8df4-4157-b621-aff8abe4bc3c}ℑ=3296A0008A22B9AD!2926&imagehi=3296A0008A22B9AD!2924&sff=1

The jersey is real (legit), but the concerns you have really don't have anything to do with whether the jersey is real. Assuming this is a retail authentic, it's bought blank without a lettering kit, and the owner can get it customized for a player anywhere he likes. Some customizers will make the kit less accurate to the on-ice jerseys than others, or may be more sloppy with placement and stitching, so you may see variations in the fonts, as well as letters and numbers that are crooked, spaced too far apart from or too close to each other, or patches placed in weird places. While these issues may make a jersey less desirable to a buyer like you, they have nothing to do with the jersey being real or not. Regarding the crest, these are stitched on at the factory, but like any mass-produced item, there are bound to be some variations in the orientation of the crest.

The jersey is real (legit), but the concerns you have really don't have anything to do with whether the jersey is real. Assuming this is a retail authentic, it's bought blank without a lettering kit, and the owner can get it customized for a player anywhere he likes. Some customizers will make the kit less accurate to the on-ice jerseys than others, or may be more sloppy with placement and stitching, so you may see variations in the fonts, as well as letters and numbers that are crooked, spaced too far apart from or too close to each other, or patches placed in weird places. While these issues may make a jersey less desirable to a buyer like you, they have nothing to do with the jersey being real or not. Regarding the crest, these are stitched on at the factory, but like any mass-produced item, there are bound to be some variations in the orientation of the crest.

In other words, you are saying that if I am patient, I should be able to find this exact same jersey with better lettering and stitching, correct?

Also, do you know if it is possible for me to buy the jersey and then go to someone so that they can re-stitch the patches?

In other words, you are saying that if I am patient, I should be able to find this exact same jersey with better lettering and stitching, correct?

Also, do you know if it is possible for me to buy the jersey and then go to someone so that they can re-stitch the patches?

Yes, but what may be even better is just to buy a blank jersey and send it to the team customizer and have them letter it correctly. You have more control over how it will look then, as long as you specify what you want (patch placement, etc.), preferably using photos of a game-worn jersey along with your instructions. The only difficulty you may have with that is finding some Starter mesh material for the nameplate, as that stuff isn't easy to find. You would also have to find a good Cup patch. But these are things we as collectors go through all the time, which is why there is a separate thread for "Nameplates wanted" and patches.

I don't see why someone couldn't restitch the patches for you, but what you never know about these things is how much and what kind of glue was used to tack down the patches. If you strip a patch off and there is a lot of residue left that you cannot remove, you may not be able to reposition the patch without some glue showing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chicago-Blackhawks-jersey-Pro-Player-stitched-adult-x-large-XL-/200938773865?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item2ec8e25d69

Did PP have the "newest" version of Four Feather on their jerseys? Also the crossed-tomahawks over the C appear to be the most recent iteration as well. But, then again, I may just be in-educated when it comes to the PP's...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chicago-Blackhawks-jersey-Pro-Player-stitched-adult-x-large-XL-/200938773865?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item2ec8e25d69

Did PP have the "newest" version of Four Feather on their jerseys? Also the crossed-tomahawks over the C appear to be the most recent iteration as well. But, then again, I may just be in-educated when it comes to the PP's...

That's a legit PP replica.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1991-92-QUEBEC-NORDIQUES-CCM-PRO-AUTHENTIC-JOE-SAKIC-JERSEY-/321157294812?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item4ac6776adc

Is this an authentic Joe Sakic Quebec Nordiques jersey from the 1991-1992 season?

Thanks for the help.