It is good or not?

lafountain

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starter mesh is great. Had I seen that auction I would I paid the BIN price without a second thought.

I'm just doing a quick GIS of Nolan, but the A's look a little strange to me.

tumblr_lxwptjGtco1r87l4oo1_500.jpg

$T2eC16ZHJIMFHI-ft5EtBR4vs)TCFg~~60_1.JP

The guy says it's a game worn jersey, but taht's a really bad fake, right ?

http://www.leboncoin.fr/sports_hobbies/505588757.htm?ca=7_s

Yeah it's fake. Game worn jerseys do not have retail neck tagging and if you look at the 3rd picture the tag reads "Meigray Groop"

I'm just doing a quick GIS of Nolan, but the A's look a little strange to me.

Yea after checking Gettyimages, the outline of the A looks too thick. I can probably live with it though

The A's varied a bit through the years. The earlier CCM's did have A's with wider tops somewhat like on the eBay Nolan, but they seemed to get skinnier through the years. Nolan may have had a wider A in his name during his first season with the Sharks (1995-96), but I don't think he was an alternate captain that year. The picture provided by ValleyParade is from when the Sharks had already switched to Nike jerseys, and by then the A's were thinner. See the differences between the Evason (CCM) and Nolan (Nike) gamers here:

http://www.dropthepucks.com/sotg/SJ.htm

For sure though, the 1's did not have serifs on the bottom, and it looks like there may not be a nameplate on the eBay Nolan. Hopefully these are all easily fixable, especially if you stick with Nolan.

The A's varied a bit through the years. The earlier CCM's did have A's with wider tops somewhat like on the eBay Nolan, but they seemed to get skinnier through the years. Nolan may have had a wider A in his name during his first season with the Sharks (1995-96), but I don't think he was an alternate captain that year. The picture provided by ValleyParade is from when the Sharks had already switched to Nike jerseys, and by then the A's were thinner. See the differences between the Evason (CCM) and Nolan (Nike) gamers here:

http://www.dropthepucks.com/sotg/SJ.htm

For sure though, the 1's did not have serifs on the bottom, and it looks like there may not be a nameplate on the eBay Nolan. Hopefully these are all easily fixable, especially if you stick with Nolan.

Thanks alot! Do you know who can do can properly make the right kit? I'm guessing EPS?

That is a very good question. I did have 2 CCM Sharks jerseys done by EPS last year. If you want to see how they look, I posted them here:

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=4970&&page=104

If you're going to stay with Nolan, then for a CCM jersey you can only choose between 1995-96 and 1996-97. Now here's the tricky part. I'm not 100% sure about this, but I believe the letter font changed significantly between these 2 seasons. From the scant photographic evidence I've seen, I think 1995-96 was the last season in which the wider font (similar to the Evason gamer in the link) was used, and in the next season I believe the letters got thinner, more like in the Nolan gamer. I just can't be positive because I can't find any truly good photos of the jersey backs from these years, just partial views. I asked EPS to make the customization for the 1996-97 season, but it looks like it came out more like in the previous seasons. I also think the G in the Granato is wrong. But in EPS' defense, the guide photos I gave them did look like the wider font (I like it better anyway), so I don't know if EPS deliberately made them to look like the guide photos, or if they just do all CCM Sharks jerseys like that regardless of the year. I had a similar experience with EPS and the Rangers Liberty font, where the font for all jersey brands comes out the same regardless of the season you ask for, unless you go out of your way to point out the details that are unique to the year you want.

Confused? I still am, regarding the Sharks jerseys. If anyone has good shots of Sharks gamers from 95-96 and 96-97, I would love to see them.

So it's my guess that if you go with 1995-96, you should be fine with EPS, but you might have to remove the alternate captain A. If you go with 1996-97 you can keep the "A" but you might have the wrong font done. You also have the option to put on the 1997 ASG patch, which looks cool, but I couldn't do it because they wouldn't fit on my size 44 jerseys. :( The Sharks removed the patch after the All-Star Game, so it's not absolutely necessary to have the patch for the sake of accuracy.

Speaking of removing patches, I just learned that the Bruins did the same when they hosted the '96 game, which ruins any plans I had with the Pooh Bear I'm bidding on right now (wasn't worn until after the ASG).

Guess I can still put a Bruins 75th on it, though!

Tell me something I don't know. :D Do you have any idea how many hours I've spent looking through endless photos or videos trying to ascertain details on some fonts like the Rangers Liberty? It's definitely a sickness...

2nd opinion: it's crap. As you mentioned, Reebok never made a size 48 Edge jersey.

3rd opinion: it's crap. On an unrealted note it's also fake.

Definitely legit, and good customer service.

No photos necessary, it's fake. Bad fight strap, jersey material looks more like that of a Premier.

That jersey was only made by Starter for one year (1998-99), and the neck tags seem to match those used on the gameworns that year. It looks like a team-issued (made in USA); the retails that year didn't have the blue Starter tag in the middle.

Although the pictures are blurry, the customization job appears accurate enough to be a game-issued, but there would also be a bunch of Custom Crafted stamping inside the hem, and you would think the seller would have mentioned that. Also, MacInnis' set 1 jersey that year was a size 54. So I'd guess team-issued, but not likely game-issued.

It's ultrafil, but it's not a 1992-93 jersey. The tags indicate it's from around 1997-99; plus the 1992-93 style jersey had no white stripes on the arm or waist, and the crest also had the team name on it in place of the wreath.