It is good or not?

lafountain

I need advice from all you experts out there; I found most of hockey jerseys from local thrift stores and auctions and recently came across this Nike Team Canada jersey: http://www.ebay.com/itm/360807704621.

Someone sent me a message and questioning that this jersey maybe a knock-off. Is that so? I thought this was an official replica with screened on logos but I could be wrong. And I definitely do not want to sell knock-off or fake. Thanks in advance for any help.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need advice from all you experts out there; I found most of hockey jerseys from local thrift stores and auctions and recently came across this Nike Team Canada jersey: http://www.ebay.com/itm/360807704621.

Someone sent me a message and questioning that this jersey maybe a knock-off. Is that so? I thought this was an official replica with screened on logos but I could be wrong. And I definitely do not want to sell knock-off or fake. Thanks in advance for any help.

its not a knock off, just a cheapo nike replica. thats how nike made some of their jerseys . just stay away the thing is such low quality ..

Does anyone know if this is a Canadian authentic or an Indo-edge?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380787405272?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Does anyone know if this is a Canadian authentic or an Indo-edge?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380787405272?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

LMFAO at the $61 import charge because of that stupid global shipping program nonsense. If your a seller you essentally eliminate Canadian buyers from your auction by using it. Makes no sense.

I'm not interested in buying this, but I am interested in the size tag. Is reebok making Edge in 48 for NCAA teams? This looks like a legit jersey so I am confused.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Maine-Hockey-Jersey-/281224188981?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item417a449435

If you (the buyer ) ask for a invoice the import charges do not show up ,if the seller sends you a invoice then its put there thru paypal and ebay .

LMFAO at the $61 import charge because of that stupid global shipping program nonsense. If your a seller you essentally eliminate Canadian buyers from your auction by using it. Makes no sense.

http://bit.ly/18UFFE5

I'm on my phone so hopefully that link posted correctly. It's the seller "NeatJerseys" on eBay. I was wondering what's up with his jerseys? They are clearly fake, but I'll admit they aren't like usual looking fakes..they're not that bad looking. I see they all seem to be ultrafil which is wrong but what's the story on them? Someone making them custom? Does anyone know? I tried to research them last night, Chinese websites only sell the old Campbell or Wales conference jerseys and those tbtc all stars...which look horrendous.

Yea, they're definitely fake, but they definitely look better than the other fakes (aside from the logo).

Which is weird because for what? 10+ years fakes have had the same quality, they don't care about making them better. So why do these look so much more different? All the patches and stitch work, it looks they're custom made somewhere with better quality material. You can even see the double elbow stitching in the one picture.

Hi everyone. I was hoping to get some feedback on a recent purchase I made. I am afraid I was a bit impulsive with this buy and have been questioning it since I received the jersey.

http://www.ebay.com/...=p2047675.l2557

I received a bit of feedback from another member here and he suggested I I reach out for additional opinions.

Feedback received so far as to the authenticity:

* never seen an airknit authentic in the X-Mas colors before - switched to airknit in the mid 90's, and by that time the green was long gone

* No NHL shield next to the CCM on the hem

* front crest is not properly angled. The horns on the top are usually level (i.e. the crest on your jersey is rotated counterclockwise a bit)

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi everyone. I was hoping to get some feedback on a recent purchase I made. I am afraid I was a bit impulsive with this buy and have been questioning it since I received the jersey.

http://www.ebay.com/...=p2047675.l2557

I received a bit of feedback from another member here and he suggested I I reach out for additional opinions.

Feedback received so far as to the authenticity:

* never seen an airknit authentic in the X-Mas colors before - switched to airknit in the mid 90's, and by that time the green was long gone

* No NHL shield next to the CCM on the hem

* front crest is not properly angled. The horns on the top are usually level (i.e. the crest on your jersey is rotated counterclockwise a bit)

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I would agree with the other member you spoke to -- this jersey looks to be off.

The lack of an NHL shield is fine, as this was practice for one season in the early 90s. However, the jersey should absolutely be Ultrafil if it has that CCM block letter logo and no shield.

Also, the coloring of the Devils crest seems off -- very washed out. Not sure what type of camera you are using to photograph the shirt, so it could just be your flash washing out the true color, or it could be another questionable element.

Based on these clues and the off-kilter positioning of the crest, my guess is that it was a blank Devils-style AirKnit that had an atermarket Devils crest attached to it.

Sorry to be the bearer of this news, but just giving an honest assessment.

I would agree with the other member you spoke to -- this jersey looks to be off.

The lack of an NHL shield is fine, as this was practice for one season in the early 90s. However, the jersey should absolutely be Ultrafil if it has that CCM block letter logo and no shield.

Also, the coloring of the Devils crest seems off -- very washed out. Not sure what type of camera you are using to photograph the shirt, so it could just be your flash washing out the true color, or it could be another questionable element.

Based on these clues and the off-kilter positioning of the crest, my guess is that it was a blank Devils-style AirKnit that had an atermarket Devils crest attached to it.

Sorry to be the bearer of this news, but just giving an honest assessment.

Thanks for the feedback. The crest definitely looks washed out in person. I was chalking that up to age. Oh well - Kinda had a feeling it was off. Looks like a lesson learned.

Just out of curiosity, does the fight strap have flat silver buttons, or are they the raised, rounded head type? And is that a size tag to the left of the Maska tag in the neck?

OK, thanks. If it were a real 1989-90 jersey the fight strap would have the rounded buttons, and the size probably would have been handwritten in pen on the Maska tag. The flat button fight straps and square size tag didn't appear until around 1991-92, so this is further evidence that the jersey was made well after 1989 (the year with the CCM logo without the NHL shield), contrary to what the seller said.

Hi There

I'm new to the forum and was hoping to get some feedback on this:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/AUTHENTIC-Toronto-Maple-Leafs-Sundin-Jersey-52-/151186242484?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item233366fbb4

On the one hand, this poster appears to sell a lot of jerseys and has a 100% rating on eBay.

On the other hand, the price seems a bit low considering the item. The poster mentions in the item description that the jersey has "a few very small stains on the front," but I can't see them and am afraid that we might have different definitions of the words "few" and "small."

I guess what I'm asking is this:

1. Is the jersey authentic?

2. Can anybody spot the "few very small stains" he is referring to?

The sundin is good. Ask the seller for more pics if you are worried about the stains