It is good or not?

lafountain

Sorry, but it's too good to be true...

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still learning. Is the tag the giveaway? Licensed vs. Authentic?

The fight strap attachment, the tagging, the lacing over the NHL shield ....

lettering...jersey material...

Still learning. Is the tag the giveaway? Licensed vs. Authentic?

That's one of the ways to tell. There are so many things wrong with that jersey. The best thing to do is just look at a real one and most of the differences will appear quite obvious.

image_zpsae99ebdc.jpg

image_zpsfce3e708.jpg

The shape of the jersey is wrong; the bottom should be more rounded as in the first picture. The sleeves are not quite shaped correctly and probably shouldn't fold that way. The stripes on the sleeves are too close together. The blue shoulder yoke does not go straight across the jersey front towards the tie strings; it should dip down somewhat before reaching the string area. The collar is a different color blue than the yoke, which is not correct. The neck tag is like a replica one (authentic one is mostly black), which is a dead giveaway when combined with a Made in Canada "authentic" size tag. And the texture of the white material in the collar picture is wrong; it should look like the material (Edge stretch mesh) in the second picture above.

Oh well. Still a cool jersey anyway and I can't hardly tell. Thanks

Nothing cool about a cheap knockoff. You're better off spending your money on licensed replicas than wasting money on fakes.

Wait what's so bad about it and I bought it thinking it was real. Didn't stumble upon this site until afterwords.

It's a fake counterfeit item and looks horrible to anyone who is educated on jerseys. The sale of fake jerseys and all counterfeit items funds who knows what, but your team nor the NHL gets a penny of it. It is not made by Reebok and not related to the NHL or the St. Louis Blues in any way, except that it's knocking off their product and probably costing them money.

Save up for the real thing, whether it be a replica or an authentic. This is just bad. I once considered wearing fakes as well, but once I saw the real thing there was just no way. If you wear a fake you're like a mirage... you appear to be supporting your team but really you're not in any way, shape, or form. Lots of people do wear fakes to games and people like us here laugh at them because it looks terrible and shows just how bad the market is with how many of them there are.

Oh, and I once accidentally bought a fake as well before I knew better.

That jersey is dog poop

Not what's bad about buying fake jerseys. Lol I know that's wrong and did it un knowingly. Luckily I have a couple other real replicas. What I was wondering was what really sets that jersey off as a fake. The guy told me he got two jerseys for Christmas so was selling the other one. Guess I should have known better.

Edit:

Dang you guys are harsh.

Not what's bad about buying fake jerseys. Lol I know that's wrong and did it un knowingly. Luckily I have a couple other real replicas. What I was wondering was what really sets that jersey off as a fake. The guy told me he got two jerseys for Christmas so was selling the other one. Guess I should have known better.

Edit:

Dang you guys are harsh.

Don't sweat it, a lot of people fall for those jerseys, you are not the first and you won't be the last unfortunately. Just educate yourself a bit further on here if you become a regular and you'll know what to look for and you won't be duped again.

A lot of the guys here take jerseys seriously, and spend thousands on their collections, ....so when you come along with that jersey of yours (not to add insult but it really is bad...) it just rubs everyone the wrong way.

General rule of thumb? Authentic blanks...even for unpopular teams are rarely under $100 and customized authentics are $120-150 on the low, low end.

Edit:

Dang you guys are harsh.

For starters, fakes pose as the real authentic jerseys the players wear, but they are no where close. The feel and texture of a real jersey vs. a fake cannot be compared. Fakes feel like garbage. And to a slightly trained eye, they look like garbage too.

I will link you to a few different links so you can see the difference:

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=1800

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=66864

The truth is if you wear a fake jersey, you're really just fooling the people who see you wearing it, even if it's not your intention. It IS, however, the intention of those who sell and produce them.

Ok thanks. I'll make sure and ask here again if I buy another jersey. In the mean time where do I go to ask where to get my Shattenkirk jersey fixed. It use to be a Brad Boyes jersey but when we traded him and got Shattenkirk and he had the same number 22 I got Boyes taken off and Shattenkirk put on but the place I took it to didn't use lettering that was exactly the same size and it bothers the heck out of me. Also I bought this jersey originally years ago right from the store myself. :)

Not sure, can someone else help out?

I'm also trying to find places that will strip jerseys and re-do them.

RiverCity sports might do it if you send it in.

Wait for someone else to reply.

Was the jersey originally customized by the same store you bought it from? If so, and if you liked the way it looked, then a logical solution would be to take it to the original customizer and have them make a new nameplate. When you send one jersey to different customizers to work on different parts of the jersey, it's common that they will not use the exact same color twill, or worse, not even the same font for the lettering.

If you don't know who originally customized the jersey, then it's a crapshoot. No matter who does the new nameplate, you won't know how well the new font will match the existing font until the new nameplate is done. All you can do is ask the customizer to match the previous font in style and size, and hope for the best.

No I bought it already done up at sports authority sadly originally. I think it is one of the bad ones with fake stitching around just the numbers now. :-( so maybe if they would even take all the numbers off and put stitched ones on and replace the name plate.

If you have numbers with fake printed stitching, they may be heat-pressed on, and it may be difficult to remove them without damaging the jersey. If you can manage to have them removed safely, then perhaps having the entire jersey recustomized (by a quality customizer) might be the best idea.

Ok I'll see what I can do with it. I might just take it to the other store in the mall that does jerseys and see if they can fix it. The heat pressed numbers don't bother me that much I guess I just want the name the same size even though what I have is pretty close. It don't look horrible. But if I can strip it completely I guess I could send it icejerseys for customization? If not I'm better off trying to find a local shop that can do the name right. My next jersey for sure is coming from ice jerseys I think. :) Probably going to be a couple years tho cause I'm sure the Blues are going to change there uniforms soon and I want to wait until then.