It is good or not?

lafountain

Isn't this 'just' an authentic instead of a practice worn jersey, because of the upper neck tag?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TIM-THOMAS-BOSTON-BRUINS-PRACTICE-GAME-WORN-JERSEY-REEBOK-58G-GOALIE-CUT-/181381372847?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a3b2c1baf

Edited by amonte78

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its really hard to tell without a closeup. From those pictures it dosent look like it but i could be wrong. That seller is a member on this board so hopefully he can tell us for sure.

It should have chainstitched, and '87-89 style jerseys also have the 'flat-faced ' or 'skinny-head'...no idea what the deal there is.

The Hawks had a few trials with twill crests, but they're very distinctive - http://home.comcast.net/~sulli26/playfair.htm

Thats what I thought, that premieres arent usually faked, but what threw me off is that the front looks good, but the back numbers look glossy, which I have heard isnt right. Although I know the back can be customized by other people and doesnt mean its fake. I am still really new to all this so Im not really sure...

Thanks for you quick reply...

Can't speak as to how the customization is on it but it looks fine to me and generally premiers are not faked.

^^^^^ i agree

would you say $50-60 is a good deal for a premiere like that? Or could I find an edge for that price? From looking on ebay I am having finding anything...I feel like there arent as many jerseys for the wild...what do you guys think?

The number can be Vinyl which will make them look shinny

would you say $50-60 is a good deal for a premiere like that? Or could I find an edge for that price? From looking on ebay I am having finding anything...I feel like there arent as many jerseys for the wild...what do you guys think?

Not a bad price especially for the new style. Not gonna find an authentic for that especially new style.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291131597663?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

It doesn't look like the crest or shoulder patches are chain stitched, which I thought all Blackhawks authentic jerseys had. Am I right or am I seeing things?

Sorry for the delay on this guys, been a crazy few weeks.

That's my listing, when I bought the jersey I originally thought I would be able to source a replacement crest etc but to no avail. I thought I would see if it got any interest as it was just hanging around doing nothing but If it doesn't sell I think I'm going to just hang on to it and continue to try and source a crest etc.

Hey guys, I've been trying to get my hands on one of Alfie's jerseys for a bit and I came across this one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DANIEL-ALFREDSSON-Ottawa-Senators-2007-CCM-Throwback-Home-NHL-Hockey-Jersey-/300983123024?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&var=&hash=item4613fdfc50

I want it to be real so badly, I don't know if it is though. Any tips on what to look at?

Looks like a legit replica. But I can't speak for the customization Not to familiar with the older Sens

Hmm okay, follow up question.

When you say replica, is that like the equivalent of a Reebok Premier jersey vs Authentic? If you couldn't tell, I'm new at this haha I guess I just don't fully understand what qualifies for a "replica" versus an "authentic" jersey.

It's a replica ccm which is way better than a rebook premier jersey.

Mainly the numbers and patches are not vinyl

Thanks! I'm still a bit concerned due to the fact that the logo looks to be somewhat small compared to what you see in the pictures that Alfredsson wore. Is that a natural difference between a replica and real game jersey?

Sorry for the constant questions, just wanna make sure if I drop that kinda money, it's well worth it.

I believe they are the same size. It may just be a difference in jersey size I don't see a size listed for that jersey and for a replica it seems pretty expensive, but I don't know how rare Alfredsson jerseys are to find. We have a couple of Sens collectors on here that would know if it's worth the price or not. I would think you could find an authentic for a little more just might not have the patch

I would suggest that you be very careful about buying jerseys from this company. The pictures in the listing are exactly the same as those used by CustomThrowbackJerseys.com and pro-jerseys, a former eBay seller. It is probably the same company. Some members here (including myself) have purchased jerseys from them in the past which did not appear to be official jerseys. Mine was made of the wrong materials and had an improperly-shaped front crest patch which turned out to be too small. I can't say all their jerseys are bad, and the Sens one looks like an official replica but I would never trust them again. It's hard to make judgments about the crest size from the picture because you don't know the size of the jersey in the picture. A 2XL jersey would make the crest look really small in the picture.

In any case, even if it is a legit replica, that's a very high price to pay for a replica. The number font is a little off, and the letters slightly inaccurate as well. If you can be patient, you could probably find an authentic 6100 series pro jersey and have it customized for about the same price. A 2005-07 Reebok of that type may take a while to find, but if you don't need to have a SCF jersey you can also get that jersey in a CCM authentic from previous seasons. Are you specifically looking for a white SCF jersey?