It is good or not?

lafountain

If it's about the customization, that's a total abuse of the dispute process. It sounds like you got what you purchased, item is exactly as described/pictured, no? I don't think anyone selling jerseys, let alone a replica, ever guarantees 100% accuracy.

The fact that you didn't know it wasn't accurate and didn't ask before buying it is not the seller's fault. So why file a dispute?

Edited by mfitz804

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanx for your help with the sen's jersey. As far as the eBay despute it was opened because the item was not described as a customed jersey. He wasn't very forthcoming with information about the jersey...So I decided to take a chance

Edited by uptown

Thanx for your help with the sen's jersey. As far as the eBay despute it was opened because the item was not described as a customed jersey. He wasn't very forthcoming with information about the jersey...So I decided to take a chance

This makes no sense. What do you think you were getting and what were you told about it?

Ok, wait a minute.

This seems to be the listing (given that the numbers are high on the sleeves as well, and the sizing).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CCM-Marian-Hossa-Ottawa-Senators-Jersey-Medium-Size-/261488690330?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item3ce1f0c49a&nma=true&si=%252Bl2KlrEJrqK3s4hVojn8yMwuZ04%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Given the pictures and description in that listing, you absolutely knew what you were getting. The pictures are abundantly clear. And the listing even says:

"The jersey is a CCM Ottawa Senators jersey with Hossa's name and numbers stitched on."

With you saying "I decided to take the chance" it seems as though you simply didn't look into the facts, but knew exactly what you were getting, and now that its not accurate, you are trying to blame that on the seller, which is completely wrong.

If, by some stretch, this isn't the item that you bought on eBay, then I apologize. But if it is, you're abusing the Buyer Protection system. You need to learn to look into these things prior to purchasing and not blame your lack of research on the seller.

You post here saying "He doesn't see anything wrong with the jersey being sold" and he's right. You're wrong. Very, very wrong.

Edited by dsl135

It was not described as a customized jersey? So you expected it to be blank when you got it?

dsl135, that is in fact the listing because I'm the seller. I debated actually saying something while reading over everything because by no means was I trying to instigate something but this kinda encouraged me too simply say this. I thought I was fair in my description and the pictures were crystal clear and that somebody buying the jersey clearly could see what they were getting.

Uptown, I hope that you can see where I'm coming from now. The product matched the pictures man. It was honest representation of the jersey.

Edited by A Young Rookie Learnin

Good luck to you A Young Rookie... eBay should hopefully rule in your favor because this is completely frivolous.

You never know though, over the last few years eBay's resolution policies have been geared towards providing the buyer with the benefit of a doubt, and in some cases totally catering to their buyer's remorse. Would be best if Uptown just retracted his dispute if that is at all possible at this stage.

He has until June 4th. If eBay takes into consideration the messages, I did my best to politely but thoroughly explain my grounds for not refunding. Prefer for it not to reach that point.

If I recall correctly, you have to tell eBay to review the messages, otherwise they don't. You should maybe reach out to them.

Fitz, how would I go about that? I would prefer if they did.

Wow.

A Young Rookie Learnin, I hope this turns okay for you because you absolutely did nothing wrong in your listing. This is a nightmare for all sellers, an inexperienced buyer who opens a dispute because they have buyers remorse.

Wow.

A Young Rookie Learnin, I hope this turns okay for you because you absolutely did nothing wrong in your listing. This is a nightmare for all sellers, an inexperienced buyer who opens a dispute because they have buyers remorse.

Thank you, and thanks to all you guys honestly. I started wondering if I did something wrong so I appreciate the validation. Here's hoping...

Again, I would ultimately hope uptown understands where I'm coming from and all your guys' opinions as well and just closes the case.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NHL-JERSEY-/321421445675?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item4ad6360a2b

Hey guys, I've been looking for a few Ducks replicas and one that's been on my list is a Koivu alternate. I found one that was newly-listed on eBay for a decent price. I collect Premiers and am looking for them to be accurate. So, as far as questions about this particular jersey, it looks real but I don't want to buy any fakes. I want all my jerseys to be 100% real and official. I feel pretty confident it's real but what do you guys think? Second, I want it in a men's and it says it is. Is this a men's jersey? Third, can anyone tell if the customization is accurate with Anaheim's customizer? I'm not quite sure who does their customization off the top of my head (I know there's a thread for this) but does the customization on this jersey look accurate? I'm not as good as some of you may be with capturing all the details so I'd like to know if the customization matches team guidelines.

I'm very picky and want to make sure I'm getting something absolutely real, it's in a men's size, and the customization is all correct. What do you guys think? For a person who finds it more affordable to get the Premiers, this one is a jersey I've been looking for and seems new even if it doesn't look to have the tags. The price is decent and I wouldn't have to buy a blank and customize it on my own if it's correct.

Edited by joe092690

You never know though, over the last few years eBay's resolution policies have been geared towards providing the buyer with the benefit of a doubt, and in some cases totally catering to their buyer's remorse. Would be best if Uptown just retracted his dispute if that is at all possible at this stage.

Completely agree.

Fitz, how would I go about that? I would prefer if they did.

I did it by telephone the one time I had to do it. I was successful, incidentally, as the buyer in my case had hung himself with his own comments sent before he filed the dispute.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NHL-JERSEY-/321421445675?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item4ad6360a2b

Hey guys, I've been looking for a few Ducks replicas and one that's been on my list is a Koivu alternate...

I'm very picky and want to make sure I'm getting something absolutely real, it's in a men's size, and the customization is all correct...

If you really are that nit picky, then I really think you should just get a blank and have it customized by the team customizer.

Here's a game worn Koivu Ducks alternate for you to compare with: http://www.pdosports.com/?wpsc-product=saku-koivu-anaheim-ducks-game-worn-jersey

Hey guys, I've been looking for a few Ducks replicas and one that's been on my list is a Koivu alternate. I found one that was newly-listed on eBay for a decent price. I collect Premiers and am looking for them to be accurate. So, as far as questions about this particular jersey, it looks real but I don't want to buy any fakes. I want all my jerseys to be 100% real and official. I feel pretty confident it's real but what do you guys think? Second, I want it in a men's and it says it is. Is this a men's jersey? Third, can anyone tell if the customization is accurate with Anaheim's customizer? I'm not quite sure who does their customization off the top of my head (I know there's a thread for this) but does the customization on this jersey look accurate? I'm not as good as some of you may be with capturing all the details so I'd like to know if the customization matches team guidelines.

I'm very picky and want to make sure I'm getting something absolutely real, it's in a men's size, and the customization is all correct. What do you guys think? For a person who finds it more affordable to get the Premiers, this one is a jersey I've been looking for and seems new even if it doesn't look to have the tags. The price is decent and I wouldn't have to buy a blank and customize it on my own if it's correct.

I'm not the most knowledgable on Ducks jerseys, but comparing this jersey to the Koivu gamer, I see a couple differences.

On the jersey you linked, the hole in the 'o' and the slot in 'u' in Koivu aren't cut away, revealing the black beneath. Also, to me, the back numbers on the jersey you linked look longer and thinner than the gamer that was posted.

Just my uneducated opinion, though.

Edited by PensFan77

Thank you, and thanks to all you guys honestly. I started wondering if I did something wrong so I appreciate the validation. Here's hoping...

Again, I would ultimately hope uptown understands where I'm coming from and all your guys' opinions as well and just closes the case.

Post this clown's username on ebay so everyone can block him. :noway:

Post this clown's username on ebay so everyone can block him. :noway:

Here here. I know I want to block him. Ridiculous behavior.

I should have done my due diligence on the jersey and its customization before I paid for it. I saw the jersey on eBay on my phone shortly after it was posted and snagged it after watching a CCM replica very similar to a link posted in this forum that sold for almost double. I decided to take a chance hoping everything would be on point.

In future auctions it would be helpful for both parties if you explain the item as you did in the case messages since most buyers are not an expert on hockey jerseys. You seem very knowledgeable when it comes to Sen's jerseys ..so whether or not you knew the jersey was customized poorly or in accurate is a moot point at this stage. I'm not going to be a ###### and escalate the case to eBay on the technicalities of the auction.

Internet hockey forum judge and jury aside.....I'm almost positive I would win the dispute since eBay usually takes the buyers side more often than not. For your protection please be more descriptive in the future and state the item is sold as is.

Hopefully both of us can gain something from this transaction.

Edited by uptown

In fairness Uptown, regardless of what a seller puts into his description it is still up to you to discern whether or not the item is what you are looking for. Typically people use this thread before they buy or bid on an item, not afterwards but just take that as something to learn from. Post in here if you are even slightly unsure and provided that there are clear pictures someone on here will be able to give you peace of mind before you buy.

Edited by Of Senators and Kings

I should have done my due diligence on the jersey and its customization before I paid for it. I saw the jersey on eBay on my phone shortly after it was posted and snagged it after watching a CCM replica very similar to a link posted in this forum that sold for almost double. I decided to take a chance hoping everything would be on point.

In future auctions it would be helpful for both parties if you explain the item as you did in the case messages since most buyers are not an expert on hockey jerseys. You seem very knowledgeable when it comes to Sen's jerseys ..so whether or not you knew the jersey was customized poorly or in accurate is a moot point at this stage. I'm not going to be a ###### and escalate the case to eBay on the technicalities of the auction.

Internet hockey forum judge and jury aside.....I'm almost positive I would win the dispute since eBay usually takes the buyers side more often than not. For your protection please be more descriptive in the future and state the item is sold as is.

I'll keep that in mind. My suggestion is that of everybody else, definitely do the due diligence beforehand. I'll keep doing my best to provide honest and accurate representations of things I sell. I appreciate you not escalating the case.

IN OTHER NEWS

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MINT-NHL-CHICAGO-BLACKHAWKS-Men-L-Hockey-JERSEY-WHITE-PRO-PLAYER-SEWN-PATCHES-/171305567702?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item27e29b85d6

Finding a REAL Blackhawks EDGE jersey is virtually impossible I feel like, and on top of that they're pretty expensive. Of the two jerseys I sent in so far, one was a Pro Player and I liked how it felt for a replica. Just wanted to see if this was real, I feel like they don't get faked often. But rather get it checked out.

That's a load of horseshit.

Yet you didn't do your due diligence. You got exactly the jersey that was in the pictures. Whether it was completely accurate was up to you to research, not the seller. You took a chance and it turned out that it didn't which was your own goddamn fault. The seller did absolutely nothing wrong, quit trying to imply that he did. He sent you exactly what was in the pictures and the description and you acknowledged that.

It's not the seller's job to do your homework for your lazy Arse. YOU WERE ALREADY A F(&^*** ###### FOR OPENING A CASE IN THE FIRST PLACE. Don't pretend to be taking the high road when you were trying to abuse the system to cover for your own dumbassery.

I'm almost positive you can't read:

uptown-vi.png

GTFO AND DIAF