It is good or not?

lafountain

Gotta agree with Guam on this one.

However, the ridiculous reasons people b**** and moan on eBay has forced me to change my listings to accept returns, simply because some buyers are completely oblivious to what they are doing. Those are the ones on my blocked bidders list, because they ruin everything that makes eBay useful.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with Guam and others. A seller is under no obligation to tell you whether or not the customization is off. It is what it is, and if it matters to you, you look before you leap.

To not do that is one thing. To then file a dispute based on your own carelessness is just a poor course of action. Whether or not eBay would have sided with you (and they may have, their usual is just to give the buyer back their money regardless of fault) is irrelevant.

uptown, you need to stop acting like you're being classy or taking the high road.

The seller did absolutely nothing wrong. Stop trying to put even ANY of the blame on him.

The situation is 100% your fault. You didn't do research and rushed to buy an item. He wasn't dishonest in the slightest in his dealings with you. He posted tons of pictures. You being on a mobile device and not doing research is not in any way his fault.

At least you're not escalating the case (though one shouldn't have even been opened in the first place and you know that), but stop trying to act like you're being classy while you're telling him that this is in any way his fault.

If you care about 100% accuracy, you cannot expect someone else (people on a web forum, the seller, Chuck Norris) to do the research for you.

Most people buying replica jerseys don't care about the same level of accuracy that us obsessive jersey collectors do.

Edited by akteon

Uptown, what you seem to have not understood yet is that the great majority of customized jerseys are less than 100% accurate in some way. It's also true that the great majority of people wouldn't even know (or care) if they were 100% accurate or not. Being able to spot these small differences is something that takes some experience, and also a lot of time and research on YOUR part to learn what is 100% accurate for a given jersey and knowing how to achieve it when getting your own jerseys customized. That is what this forum is all about. Most of us here, even after years in the hobby, are continuously striving to learn more and more about customization details, and all that effort is reflected in the jerseys we own. The inaccuracies in the Sens jersey that were pointed out are very typical of most jerseys owned by the average person (but not so much of those owned by experienced members here :) ), and to expect that a jersey should be perfect, and to even imply that a seller is in the wrong by not pointing out everything that makes the jersey less than 100% accurate is simply unreasonable. The pictures are clearly put out there for every potential buyer to see and make their own judgment on whether it's acceptable or not. It is not a wise thing to make a rushed purchase on anything, including jerseys, without doing your homework first, and you simply cannot put the blame on the seller if you later find out that something is not as it should be. Hopefully you'll learn something from this experience, and that you will be encouraged to educate yourself more about what to look for in a jersey BEFORE you decide to buy it. If you can understand all this and admit to being wrong about opening an unjustified case against the seller (who, as others have already said, did nothing wrong here), then I'm sure most people here would welcome your questions and be willing to help point you in the right direction. But if not, you will simply be looked at as an annoying eBay buyer that all of us will want to avoid at all costs. The choice is yours.

I think I've made it abundantly clear that I was wrong in this situation. I was merely offering YRL some advice when it comes to selling on eBay and their money back guarantee so he doesn't get hosed down the line by a buyer who doesn't have this forum for education purposes.

Thanks to everyone who commented and helped. I've closed the case.

I appreciate all your feedback and input on this situation.

Sorry uptown but you really didn't make it "abundantly clear" to us that you felt that you were in the wrong.

"In future auctions it would be helpful for both parties if you explain the item as you did in the case messages since most buyers are not an expert on hockey jerseys. You seem very knowledgeable when it comes to Sen's jerseys ..so whether or not you knew the jersey was customized poorly or in accurate is a moot point at this stage. I'm not going to be a ###### and escalate the case to eBay on the technicalities of the auction.

Internet hockey forum judge and jury aside.....I'm almost positive I would win the dispute since eBay usually takes the buyers side more often than not. For your protection please be more descriptive in the future and state the item is sold as is."

Doesn't sound very remorseful or apologetic to me...More like you are leisurely deciding to benevolently spare (oh, how kind of you) Rookie while giving him a condescending lecture on how to list and sell on eBay.

The important thing is of course that you finally manned up and dropped the silly dispute, but since you were extinguishing the fire that you yourself started...it's hardly paints you as the "good guy" in all this.

Edited by Of Senators and Kings

Quit attacking the guy before he changes his mind already, lol. There isn't really anything further to be said anymore on this matter.

Edited by DC Red Wings

Thanks to everyone who commented and helped. I've closed the case.

I appreciate all your feedback and input on this situation.

Thanks for closing it, just got off work and saw it. I appreciate it. Good luck to you in your pursuit of jerseys from here man.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-NHL-Ottawa-Senators-game-Jersey-1994-/141306261067?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item20e6826e4b

Seems legit enough. The biggest fear I have is getting it and it being too big. But I think the 48 should be fine.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-NHL-Ottawa-Senators-game-Jersey-1994-/141306261067?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item20e6826e4b

Seems legit enough. The biggest fear I have is getting it and it being too big. But I think the 48 should be fine.

That one is absolutely legit and has been around for awhile, had it been a 52 or 54 I would have taken it ages ago :).

You told me you wear replicas in M/L, 48 is perfect in that case.

That one is absolutely legit and has been around for awhile, had it been a 52 or 54 I would have taken it ages ago :).

You told me you wear replicas in M/L, 48 is perfect in that case.

I also just saw that he allows returns, so if for some reason it doesn't fit right (although I imagine it would) I could return it. Now I just gotta win it...

Based on your height and weight you mentioned in a previous thread, I would think a 48 in the ultrafil would be just fine. These don't have the same huge sleeves that you saw on the 6100's made during the 2000's.

I'll risk some potential bidding competition and ask for opinions on this, I know the customization isn't correct but is the jersey itself legit? The logo and fight strap both seam slightly off to me because I have never seen any like that but I have never seen a jersey like this in person so I am not sure. Some opinions would be appreciated.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310971436026?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1426.l2649

I agree with your assessment. Both the logo and fight strap look terrible. Also, for that era, the name and numbers should be heat-pressed vinyl with the crest being screen printed.

Though, I have seen those older Cosby's pro jerseys without fight straps so this could just be something that a collector added a lousy strap to in an attempt to make it better looking.

I Know the jersey itself is legit but i was wondering how the customization looked? I can't find any Flyers jerseys from the Flyers with an 8 in it. I know the name is off a little which is no big deal because i can get the fixed easily. How do the numbers look for a 1996-97 Finals jersey? I cant find pictures anywhere. Thanks

_57-vi.jpg

_573-vi.jpg

Those sleeve holes are too small.

8-holes.

Edited by Cygnus X-1

Been stalking this forum for a while. Any thoughts on this?

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Pro-NHL-PITTSBURGH-PENGUINS-REEBOK-Jersey-Size-50-w-FIGHT-STRAP-New-with-Tags-/181427820519?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item2a3df0d7e7&_uhb=1

The neck tag says 50 but the other tag says 60?

Very odd. I'm guessing based on the pictures that it looks more like a 50 than a 60.

Look at the sleeve tag, the hole where it should have been attached is ripped and the plastic anchor attaching it to jersey is going through a newly created hole. Also the plastic anchor end looks slightly different than the ones normally on Reebok jerseys.

I don't think the seller is trying to pull a fast one, it may have come from a retail store and I know that tags like that get ripped and pulled off accidentally at times. Someone there probably tried to fix it and mixed up two tags.

Got two for ya:

First: http://www.ebay.com/itm/291159736680?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I like the 75th patch, don't have any jerseys with patches like that yet

Second: http://www.ebay.com/itm/291159727264?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

How does Nike sizing fit in relation to a CCM/Koho?

Both of those are legit. I would say that Nikes generally fit approximately one size larger than other jerseys of the 1990's (CCM and Starter). But if you compare them to the CCM/Kohos of the 2000's, then I would say they were pretty close to the same.