It is good or not?

lafountain

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201114691036?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I have the Premier version of this jersey but for that price I'd go for the authentic... if this is the real deal.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201114691036?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I have the Premier version of this jersey but for that price I'd go for the authentic... if this is the real deal.

Legit

They didn't...they switched from mesh to Air-Knit around '87, then Air-Knit to Ultrafil in '89.

Oh snap, trick answer!

They didn't...they switched from mesh to Air-Knit around '87, then Air-Knit to Ultrafil in '89.

Oh snap, trick answer!

Hmmm, that's odd.

How does the 2nd one have the small block CCM and the Cosby stamp on an Ultrafil?

Wouldn't the small block / stamp make the Stevens a pre-1989?

I'm so corn-fused. :doh:

Edited by Hockey Bob

Small block puts it '86-89, but Ultrafil makes it '89-90 exclusively. The Cosby stamp is incidental - while Gerry Cosby did supply the Devils on-ice jerseys in the early/mid 80s, they also retailed semi-pro and pro jerseys for almost every team out there, and their hem stamps can be found on all sorts of jerseys.

The Devils you linked to is a pro/on-ice jersey allright, but it's been fouled by the addition of the 75th patch, improper customization, and the Cosby logo, as Cosby's didn't supply the team around the time period of that specific jersey.

Getting slightly off track from that specific jersey (that is a pro jersey), those who're hunting for early 80s with a CCM hem patch on the rear hem should be weary of the semi-pros that were retailed, often through Cosbys.

Examples -

Kingsretail-vi.jpg[/url]

198485RoadStevensRear-vi.jpg

Ferro's rocking one on ebay right now -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtg-Vancouver-Canucks-Authentic-Weight-NHL-Ultrafil-Jersey-Retro-CCM-Gerry-Cosby-/221460988936?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item33901a8408

Note that there's no fight strap, the neck tag has a L size on it, and it has a CCM hem patch, not embroidery. I say semi-pro because they do still have proper full-sized crests, double elbows/shoulders, etc, same as a pro jersey, and a lot of collectors later add fight straps to these jerseys and try and sell them as pro/on-ice jerseys.

This supposed Babych gamer, one of those retails, was later returned and the buyer refunded once it was discovered it wasn't an on-ice gamer -

http://www.classicauctions.net/Default.aspx?tabid=263&auctionid=62&lotid=551

...but now I'm getting way off topic :D

There have been some anomalous Devils gamers in the 80's that didn't follow the patterns that Slim mentioned, such as small-block ultrafils before 1989-90. There's even a 1985-86 Paul Gagne that's ultrafil.

Awesome stuff right there,

Thanks Slim. (and LAK74)

I picked up that Stevens (knowing it was fouled up) and plan on stripping / re-lettering.

I just can't seem to find a 52 Devils Christmas anything and always wanted one.

Come to Chicago for free beer!

Edited by Hockey Bob

There have been some anomalous Devils gamers in the 80's that didn't follow the patterns that Slim mentioned, such as small-block ultrafils before 1989-90. There's even a 1985-86 Paul Gagne that's ultrafil.

Yeah, I have no idea why I'm lying to you...total brain fart.

Devils went ultrafil in '85, I even own this ultrafil Verbeek, lol -

Devils198586HomeVerbeekrear-vi.jpg

They went Air-knit in '87 for a bit, then switched back.

A few things that do differentiate between my Verbeek and yours, though, is the rear CCM logo, and the collar tagging. The one you picked up is definitely from the late 80s, not mid.

Actually Slim, I think you were correct earlier- most of the Devils' gamers in the mid-80's seemed to be mesh, at least as far as I've seen. Ultrafil didn't seem to predominate until the late 80's, as you said. I only meant to say that there were the occasional oddball ultrafil jerseys during the mid-to-late 80's, in addition to the mesh and airknits of that era.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks good to me. It even has a legit-looking paper tag with proper codes.

I still have a Vintage CCM replica with similar tagging, and it has a born-on date of 2008.

Legit replica. Koho's weren't faked.

Koho's weren't faked.

Kinda assumed so. Haven't come across a Koho I thought was fake. Just making sure though.

Just a normal replica there.

I didn't know where to put this and I didn't think a new thread was necessary, I'm ordering an authentic from Triple Threat and was wondering if they're 1.0's or 2.0's so I know which size to get. And I was also wondering what their delivery time typically is for people who've ordered from there before. Thanks!

2nd one appears to be legit. Can't tell about the 1st one as I'm not familiar with jerseys that are that old.