It is good or not?

lafountain

It's fake.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely fake. That seller is known for faking All Star jerseys. The biggest tell is the logo. Its always "smushed" and not the right shape.

Legit, but a jersey foul. It's a 1989/90 CCM, but LaFontaine didn't play for the Rangers until 8 years later, when they were using Starter jerseys instead.

Looks legit to me. Back numbers are way off though.

Even though it looks like a replica, it's probably fake. Replicas should not come with black authentic Center Ice tags (these with the Rbk logo were used way back in 2007-08). The Reebok logo on the back collar area looks wonky too.

Curious about the job River City Sports did on my Jets jersey, since it doesn't look so bad to me. I'm also really happy that it has a double-sewn fight strap.

How is it?

http://s14.postimg.org/vfujmv1qo/100_5424.jpg

100_5424.jpg

http://s14.postimg.org/mrcgcjseo/100_5425.jpg

100_5425.jpg

Looks good to me,

It's not fake, but the customization sucks. I'd strip it and start over, but the price would have to be better than that to make it worth the trouble and risk.

It's legit, but I hated Lindros.

You're free to offer whatever you want, but speaking as a seller, if someone lowballs me like that I wouldn't counteroffer them either, I'd just reject (or in extremely lowball cases, drop my price by $0.01). Offering less than half of what someone is asking is usually not going to get you very far.

You're free to offer whatever you want, but speaking as a seller, if someone lowballs me like that I wouldn't counteroffer them either, I'd just reject (or in extremely lowball cases, drop my price by $0.01). Offering less than half of what someone is asking is usually not going to get you very far.

It depends on the seller and how anxious they are to sell, which you don't always know. I can think of 3 jerseys off the top of my head that I recently got by submitting offers of half of the posted price.

But, I'm sure many more times, the seller is just put off and won't respond.

Personally, I set my listings to automatically reject any offer I deem to low. If I want $150, but would sell as low as $120, maybe I set the floor at like $100-110 so all lower offers are rejected and I have the ability to counter that $100 offer to try to get the bid up to where I wanted, thus putting me in control.

There were some home Stralman gamers on eBay very recently (via Steiner) that I thought were priced kinda silly (no offense to Stralman who I think is a perfect example of Leaf mismanagement over the last decade) so I offered an amount that was less than half of asking just for the heck of it. I assumed it would get rejected outright, so I was quite surprised when my offer was accepted.

All that being said, there have been other cases where I've submitted offers that I thought were more than fair, and they were rejected outright, or the counter offer was ridiculous (looking at you, Gunnarsson gamer).

Edited by cferneyh

I guess my point is not so much "don't send lowball offers" (because that's fine and you never know what might get accepted), but "don't send a lowball offer and then be surprised when you get a less than favorable response." It can be annoying to some sellers, and there's often people trying to get stuff for steals that get offended when you don't sell to them for cheap, so a lot of sellers are tired of lowballers and may not send you a counter offer if you lowball them really badly.

I guess my point is not so much "don't send lowball offers" (because that's fine and you never know what might get accepted), but "don't send a lowball offer and then be surprised when you get a less than favorable response." It can be annoying to some sellers, and there's often people trying to get stuff for steals that get offended when you don't sell to them for cheap, so a lot of sellers are tired of lowballers and may not send you a counter offer if you lowball them really badly.

Your point is very valid. As a buyer, if I lowball someone and they don't respond, I understand. Sometimes they respond rudely, which I don't necessarily understand, as there is no need for it.

Nobody should be "annoyed" or "tired" of lowballers when the offers are submitted through the Best Offer system, because there are tools in place to eliminate them so that you never have to deal with them at all. If you choose not to avail yourself of those tools, that's kind of on you.

Those who lowball by just directly messaging someone, even when there is no Best Offer feature, that's a different story.

Edited by mfitz804

Your point is very valid. As a buyer, if I lowball someone and they don't respond, I understand. Sometimes they respond rudely, which I don't necessarily understand, as there is no need for it.

Nobody should be "annoyed" or "tired" of lowballers when the offers are submitted through the Best Offer system, because there are tools in place to eliminate them so that you never have to deal with them at all. If you choose not to avail yourself of those tools, that's kind of on you.

Those who lowball by just directly messaging someone, even when there is no Best Offer feature, that's a different story.

I dunno... plenty of buyers lowball and try to devalue the product just to get it for cheap. I personally find that annoying, because I don't do that to other sellers. Regardless of if you can set up an autoreject or not. Plus, I've dealt with plenty of buyers who send an offer of say $100 on a $250 jersey and when you reject saying "I can't go anywhere near that low" they send another offer of $105. Stop wasting people's time and being annoying.

Just my two cents.