It is good or not?

lafountain

It's cool guys I'm friends with a white girl and she's not offended so it can't be offensive.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I missing something? How is calling the guy Katy Perry disrespectful to women? Or was there more to the chant than I am aware of?

You're not missing something, it isn't disrespectful to anyone.

Also, if Katy reads this, she can totally call me so I can apologize in person.

Well, it's disrespectful to Corey Perry at a minimum...

Well yeah, unless he's like a huge Katy Perry fan and was honored by it.

It was just playful jeering of an opposing player. People are way too sensitive today. The crap Wayne Simmonds was dealing with a few years ago was offensive. This was nothing.

Having this kit made up - just looking for a 2nd set of eyes on this kit - any glaring obvious mistakes? Other wise I think it's okay to me

I think the big thing that the customizers haven't picked up on yet is that the back numbers on the Ducks jerseys are much narrower now than what they used to be.

The 0 looks like it might be a bit wide - but I haven't seen a gamer in person to compare it to.

It's disrespectful for Katy Perry to be compared to someone no one in Orange County has ever actually heard of.

That's disrespectful, along with every time I hear the Sedin Sisters and Sydney Crosby. I think even Mike Milbury's stopped (finally) using these phrases.

Swapping Sydney for Sidney is disrespectful? Don't they both sound the same? I get using Cindy Crosby would be insulting to Crosby and a girl named Brady (the youngest one in curls) but Sydney just seems like a typo. :huh:

Guest Dr_Puck

Whoops. Thanks for catching that. I meant Cindy. My bad.

Swapping Sydney for Sidney is disrespectful? Don't they both sound the same? I get using Cindy Crosby would be insulting to Crosby and a girl named Brady (the youngest one in curls) but Sydney just seems like a typo. :huh:

I think the big thing that the customizers haven't picked up on yet is that the back numbers on the Ducks jerseys are much narrower now than what they used to be.

The 0 looks like it might be a bit wide - but I haven't seen a gamer in person to compare it to.

Yeah he told me "The kits did change a bit from last season. Numbers are slightly thinner. " when I specifically mentioned that the kit needed to be for the new jersey released for 14/15 and at the time I wasn't aware if there were any changes from the prior kit but if he needed me to find out I could.

If it comes out a bit wide, I can live with that.

Edited by ted1025

Changing his name to a random girl's name, I can understand how that was offensive.

Its like if you insulted Tom Brady by calling him Marsha Brady, it doesn't sound the same, you are just calling him a girl.

Unless of course, he got hit in the nose with the football, in which case the obvious joke is there.

Seriously though, isn't the point of taunts to be offensive?

"You're not playing to the level needed to predicate a victory" is harder than just yelling "Goalie sucks" :lol:

"You're not playing to the level needed to predicate a victory" is harder than just yelling "Goalie sucks" :lol:

I am definitely starting that chant the next time I go.

"You're not playing...."

Clap Clap Clap-Clap-Clap

"To the level needed..."

Clap Clap Clap-Clap-Clap

"To Predicate a Victory!"

Clap Clap Clap-Clap-Clap

Yeup, but you can't say anything these days without offending people whose mommies and daddies didn't make them feel special enough as kids.

People get offended sometimes. Wasn't my intent personally, I tend not to be politically correct when I'm on my own time.

But, I won't get on people for being offended by things, because everyone is entitled to their opinion, even if they disagree with me.

Yeup, but you can't say anything these days without offending people whose mommies and daddies didn't make them feel special enough as kids.

I didn't want to just come out and say it, but you did so now I don't have too.

Am I missing something? How is calling the guy Katy Perry disrespectful to women? Or was there more to the chant than I am aware of?

Sorry to say, I agree with mfitz. I think you are really reaching to make a point.

I never attended a game the Ducks have been apart of but I'm pretty sure he has heard more derogatory insults hurled his way than 'Katy'

• 3 weeks later...

That's a replica from the back in the day, but the customization looks pretty good to me. For the price though it's worth a shot. They didn't have many fakes back then and no one is going make a knockoff of a 10+ year old replica jersey.

That's a replica from the back in the day, but the customization looks pretty good to me. For the price though it's worth a shot. They didn't have many fakes back then and no one is going make a knockoff of a 10+ year old replica jersey.

Awesome thanks! for $30 i couldn't really complain, and if it turns out to be falling apart or something it's not a big loss.