It is good or not?

lafountain

'Air-Knit' is the trademarked name from Maska to describe the processed lightweight polyester material they use to construct jerseys.

Similarly, Ultrafil isn't the material or the process, it's the combination of both. Ultrafil is the trademarked name Maska gave to their polyester knit. They're older polyester knit jerseys used to be called Superfil, which I would imagine implies a different process or type/quality material..

As for the Lang, gamewornauctions is wrong to call it Air-Knit, and judging by the pictures, it looks like nylon mesh to me, similar to the early Starter Avs jerseys, but someone can correct me if I'm wrong...?

If Starter doesn't already have a trademarked name for them, I'm coining the term 'Starmesh' right now :P

I'm also pretty sure those Pens Starter mesh jerseys are pretty rare, no?

Incidentally, I always hear about Flo-knit jerseys, but is that NIKE's actual trademarked name for them? I don't think I've ever owned one of them either.

Edited by slimcutta

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info Slim...

Those Starter Avs mesh Starter jerseys have some pretty pronounced holes...kind of like a Rangers CCM mesh...

You are right about the comparison to flo-knit...it looks extremely similar on this Pens jersey.

It's very likely that Mario's last jersey during the 1996-97 season was mesh, but the one that you are thinking of buying is a 1997-99 version, not a 1996-97. The tagging in the neck is different in the 2 versions, and the 1997-99's will have a different Starter hem logo which does not have the wordmark at the bottom. The 1996-97 Starter logo on the jersey that Lemieux is wearing in the photos appears to not have the wordmark, but the wordmark is actually folded under the hemline so you can't see it. Lemieux never wore a Starter with the 1997-99 hem logo.

Slim is correct in that the mesh jersey is nylon, and not "airknit" as described in the auction listing.

Edited by LAK74

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys...I'm considering putting in an offer on this jersey...does anyone see any issues with it? Thanks.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=321927268526&alt=web

The jersey is legit, although the letters in the name look a little weird. The seller is a member here, although he hasn't posted in a long time. Seemed like a very good guy.

i still lurk, but havent posted in a while, so i havent been logged on in a long time :)

anyhoo, if you have any questions, just shoot me a note. can obviously do better on price directly

i still lurk, but havent posted in a while, so i havent been logged on in a long time :)

anyhoo, if you have any questions, just shoot me a note. can obviously do better on price directly

I'm going to respectfully pass on it for now but thanks man.

The "R" is standard on Starter size labels, and refers to regular skater jerseys. The only other option is "G" for goalie-cut. The great majority of Starter retail authentic jerseys were made in El Salvador, so that's nothing to worry about. A few models (Boston and Pittsburgh 3rds in 1996/97) were made in Haiti.

The "R" is standard on Starter size labels, and refers to regular skater jerseys. The only other option is "G" for goalie-cut. The great majority of Starter retail authentic jerseys were made in El Salvador, so that's nothing to worry about. A few models (Boston and Pittsburgh 3rds in 1996/97) were made in Haiti.

Cool. The giant variance in price on these is throwing me off, although I'd imagine there aren't that many fakes floating around for the older Center Ice jerseys?

There are very few Starter fakes, mostly blue Rangers (Gretzky). For 1990's CCM's, there are some fakes as well- Nordiques and Canucks skates, off the top of my head.

Right now I'm just looking and learning. I'd like a black Canucks skate logo and anything Oilers, but those never seem to be that cheap.

That's about as cheap as they come:

http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/321934574949

Looking for a christmas gift (new Sabres jersey) for my self. Is this one legit?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=321920465982&alt=web

So this jersey was intriguing to me, so I did some digging.

The Sabres wore the red third KOHO branded jerseys from 2000-01 to 2003-04. Briere was only captain during that span for the month of February 2004.

The Sabres had 7 homes games the month of February 2004. They wore black 3 times, red once, and 3 more games I can't confirm yet.

So, not sure if it would bother you or not, but it's possible that Briere only wore the C in that style for one game... But he had a hell of a game... 1 goal, 2 assists, and the goal was an OT GWG.

As far as I know, for retail jerseys in the very late 80's, there was no Center Ice/Mise au Jeu tag, just a Maska tag with the size written in pen on it. Right around 1990 or so, the Center Ice tag started to appear above the Maska tag. In 1991, a separate small square size tag appeared next to the Maska tag with the Center Ice tag still above both, so now there were 3 tags in the neck. This was pretty much unchanged throughout the mid-to-later 90's, except that around 1993 the Maska tag started to be replaced by a CCM tag. In the late 90's a new, large multicolored CCM label was added, along with the Center Ice tag, small size tag, and another Made in Canada tag, so some of the late 90's retail jerseys had 4 tags in the neck.

Didn't want to bump an old thread, so I'll just quote LAK74 here. Is this one of the elusive 4-tag CCM authentics that you spoke of?

TjqXHevl.jpg

Yup, that's one of them.

You might want to contact Ruberti's and ask if they have orange CCM airknit for the nameplate. If they don't, another option would be EPS- they have a large selection of nameplate fabrics, and they seem to do that font really well. I just had them do a Nike Flyers (a white one though), and they nailed it, including the flo-knit nameplate. They did place the nameplate a little too high, but it was easy to remove and restitch it, so it all worked out perfectly.

Yeah, I have an email out to them to see if they can do it. That old Flyers font is tricky (from reading that other thread) and if I'm going to pay top-dollar for customization, I want it to be spot on. I'd prefer to deal with Ruberti's (since I'm local), but if they can't do it, EPS would be my second choice. Does Philly Express do one-off customization or do they only deal with large orders?