It is good or not?

lafountain

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Roenick is legit but the numbers are completely screwed up.

I think the Lemieux, if it has that color collar and that CCM logo, should be a 1987-88, in which case it should have that vinyl lettering which is in a completely different font.

2 really nice jerseys; it's just a shame the original owner didn't take more care in researching the correct lettering.

Edited by LAK74

Yea the same on his Belfour barber pole ,what about the Mario thanks

GREAT THANKS AGAIN

Edited by cowboys

Just edited my post right when you posted!

Just remember, the numbers were worn on the shoulders in '87-88.

http://www.gamewornauctions.net/products/1987_88_Mario_Lemieux_Pittsburgh_Penguins_Game_Worn_Jersey_Photo_Match-3568-101.html

If you don't get that guy 100% clean, you won't have the option to be able to cover up any stains/damage from the old numbers.

Totally aware it's a big risk. But I've already asked the seller if the numbers are glued down. He says nay...hope he's not a liar because I'll send that b*tch back. Not too much opportunity to land one of these so i think the risk is worth it. Fingers crossed!

Edited by The_Dude_Abides

Lmao. I did that once. Seller said it wasn't glued just sewn. Fricking thing was cemented down. Had to send it back.

Well at least it's documented...he won't have an argument if I do end up sending it back. Gotta win the thing first though! Lol.

Screenshot_2016-04-02-16-32-40_zps3ippoc

I wouldn't rely on his word on that. Sometimes people just say that because they see the stitching, they have no idea that they are also glued down prior to sewing.

Yeah, I'm thinking that he thinks they aren't glued just because it's stitched. You should have asked him if the fabric behind the numbers can be pulled away from the twill, that's how I usually ask and it's worked out so far.

Yeah, I'm thinking that he thinks they aren't glued just because it's stitched. You should have asked him if the fabric behind the numbers can be pulled away from the twill, that's how I usually ask and it's worked out so far.

Yup, that's exactly how you tell. You can even tell if they are lightly or heavily glued by seeing if the material can be pulled away from the inside. You can feel it peeling off if it's only light glue.

I'd say that covers you. They may still be glued, but that seller definitely thinks they are not.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331823750379?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

thinking on putting a offer in even if its the Arse hole JFTW but is the jersey authentic

It is the CCM remake

The originals from 1991 were air-knit

I had one of those done up as a Lindros before I finally stumbled upon the air-knit version

It is the CCM remake

The originals from 1991 were air-knit

I had one of those done up as a Lindros before I finally stumbled upon the air-knit version

Any idea where these are coming from? I've seen a few of these around...and own one.

They were issued back in about 1996 or 1997. Most had Turdface--I mean Gretzky on them.

Thanks man. Did they reissue the screen printed leaf logo only? I've seen the twill logo ones too.

The Nordiques is airknit, so it's definitely not an original authentic. If it were a vintage remake from 2003, it would have a real CCM fight strap and an NHL shield on the hem, so I don't think it's one of those either. Actually, I don't recall ever seeing a white vintage authentic reissue, but I can't say for sure they weren't made. It almost looks like it could be a replica with a fight strap added, but even a replica crest wouldn't look as crappy as that one.

ProPlayer did make some early Wild and CBJ authentics, teams that would debut the following season (2000/01), but of course PP ended up not getting the NHL contract for that season.

Edited by LAK74