It is good or not?

lafountain

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-Pro-New-York-Rangers-White-Liberty-Wayne-Gretzky-Jersey-/262408513139?

What do you guys think? Looks like maybe a team issued jersey (as per the seller's description) that was then modified to add the "game worn" tag off one of those fake Gretzky's from his last season and name tag and maybe even the 2nd starter logo?

So - sort of authentic? Definitely not worth $1700 imho.

I put one together for FAR less. If someone really wanted to, they could replace the usual Starter retail tag with the Berlin one. I didn't bother with that on mine.

(Change your avatar) ;)

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Legit; belongs to a member here.

Edited by LAK74

i looked at that one maybe for a Coburn but he never wore a CCM

The Gretzky was that the one meigray had or is it one some one made up

MeiGray had a bunch of set one GI's with the 3-layer names. This one has the 2-layer names- the customization looks really good; probably a Cosby job. The set tag and GRETZKY tag look off, so it was probably a TI blank lettered later on by the owner.

MeiGray had a bunch of set one GI's with the 3-layer names. This one has the 2-layer names- the customization looks really good; probably a Cosby job. The set tag and GRETZKY tag look off, so it was probably a TI blank lettered later on by the owner.

The one thing I'd point out on this jersey is that the set 2 tag does correspond to the two-later name font. The first set had the three-layer name font with the gray between the blue and the red.

I put one together for FAR less. If someone really wanted to, they could replace the usual Starter retail tag with the Berlin one. I didn't bother with that on mine.

(Change your avatar) ;)

I thought I had that avatar before you (set it originally when I signed up) - and I think yours was different at the time? But I'll change it since I think you probably post here a lot more than I do. :)

I thought I had that avatar before you (set it originally when I signed up) - and I think yours was different at the time? But I'll change it since I think you probably post here a lot more than I do. :)

I was only kidding around with you. Right now, both of our avatars suck. :'(

It's good.

Thanks again. I get really nervous when I see authentics, even older blanks, at such low prices. Having been a replica collector up until the last couple of months, I've expected nothing but higher prices.

Edited by TheKevinShow

Thrashers authentics don't tend to fetch much, so don't be too surprised to find many of them with prices like that.

Well, it's not just the Thrashers stuff. It's still weird, even from a trusted source like the Baron, to see anything authentic for less than $100, and yet they have team issued pre-Edge jerseys for less than $100, and then there's that 1.0 Stars that I got for $60. It's just strange to me.

In general, 6100's or Edge 1.0's from the 2000's are not particularly rare or much in demand at this time, so they tend to be quite inexpensive. When you go back to the 1990's they tend to get a little more expensive, especially with some of the more sought out ones like the Nordiques, Whalers, early 90's Penguins, etc. When you go as far back as the 1980's they tend to get even more expensive. But the 6100's and Edge 1.0's don't tend to fetch high prices at all. Of course this is none of my business, but to be honest, I've often wondered why you hadn't been actively seeking out authentics for your collection instead of all those replicas you've been buying. They're not much more costly, and once you get used to the quality of the authentic you may start buying the same model jerseys over again because you're no longer as happy with the replicas. I'm sure this has happened with a lot of collectors.

Trust me, I've already started. I just bought a Koho Thrashers alternate to match my replica, and I got a pre-Edge Sens alt to match my Koho replica version. I won't be able to do a straight 1:1 swap just yet for my entire collection since I don't feel like shelling out $300+ for a Fisherman right now, but the future holds many options. My other thing is that I really only like to buy blanks so I can have them customized to my preference, and it seems like blank authentics are harder to come by.

As for whether I'll give up on the replicas entirely, I don't know. That remains to be seen. They are an important part of my collection since I can actually wear them. With the exception of my Indo Kane and my 2.0 Hawks on the way, I don't want to wear my authentics since they're, you know, authentics. I can actually wear all of my replicas (except for my Koho navy Liberty since it's NWT) so they have that value.

Edited by TheKevinShow

Nope. Yet another case where the team is wearing 2.0's but only 1.0's were available at retail.

I know this has been asked before, but how can you tell if it's a 1.0 vs 2.0 just by looking at it? Is it the vector logo vs wordmark on the back? There aren't many pics and it's hard to tell what's bubble mesh, Xtrafil, Airknit, etc.

Edited by jsh139