Sign in to follow this  
lafountain

It is good or not?

1 hour ago, Krispies13 said:

Oh thanks for the response. Yes I'm aware it's not the Wildwing one but what I meant is that I have one that I bought back in 96 that has the same tags inside. Sorry for the confusion. I was using my Wildwing Replica as a point of comparison. But thanks guys for giving this guy some clarity. 

I see, I was kind of confused but now I see it. 

Are the jersey baron´s  Blackhawks jerseys customized correctly?

It´s in the "A" on the nameplates i have a question about,  i have noticed when i watch games that there is hardly any space in the middle of the A´s.

This is from the baron, is this the correct A which the hawks use?

s-l1600.jpg s-l1600.jpg

Patrick-Kane-grandpa.jpg

To me it looks a bit different, but of course the last photo are from distance. K and N looks the same to me, I am not sure about A and E 

?

Edited by tomtucker

2 hours ago, tomtucker said:

Are the jersey baron´s  Blackhawks jerseys customized correctly?

No. I wish they were, because it would have saved me a chunk of cash. The E is just a bit off too (middle bar is longer).

how weird, is that because the hawks use a special customizer which the baron has no excess to ?

And why has the baron´s customizer not corrected that little discrepancy

Edited by tomtucker

I am sorry, I now realize i should have looked in this thread, but then again it´s a couple years old, maybe there had been changes

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?/topic/6521-jersey-baron-customization/

I am not in the US or Canada so i can´t send jerseys around to all kinds of customizers.... lol

Just for fun i did a map search of city sports lettering, and holy radiation batman, check that huge cell phone tower right next to the store! and what is up with the power lines on the streets, what is all that crap hanging on them ? LOL 

People inside that building are exposed to some serious sh!t 

https://www.google.dk/maps/uv?hl=da&pb=!1s0x880e3e71f643782f:0xca5809f34d7771ce!2m13!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m1!2i20!16m7!1b1!2m2!1m1!1e1!2m2!1m1!1e3!3m1!7e115!4s/maps/place/city%2Bsports%2Blettering/@41.6034327,-87.7852595,3a,75y,94.47h,90t/data%3D*213m4*211e1*213m2*211sbe7UNqzGBG5WM-U5y481iw*212e0*214m2*213m1*211s0x0:0xca5809f34d7771ce!5scity+sports+lettering+-+Google-søgning&imagekey=!1e2!2sbe7UNqzGBG5WM-U5y481iw&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjCoe3MpKjQAhVBGCwKHdagCOwQpx8IiQEwDw

Edited by tomtucker

Yeah, the Hawks are definitely one where I decided the safe bet was just to go to CSL, rather than ask someone to replicate their work.  Maybe you could have JB ship direct to them?  You'd obviously have to ask CSL ahead of time about shipping overseas. 

That kind of power line construction is common in that area of the US.  I lived not too far from there for a while, so it wouldn't even occur to me, but yeah, I can see how they look funny.  Notice how the two poles bracketing the parking lot are leaning?  Also common.

So it´s safe to say the folks at that store are beaming with joy or has a glowing passion for their craft?

I heard the new President say that US infrastructure was a priority to get fixed, so there is hope for those people .

Check list for the Donald:

1 Deport all illegals !

2 Ban muslims from entering the US !

3 Make it safe to customize Blackhawk jerseys !

not necessarily in that order :D

38 minutes ago, tomtucker said:

So it´s safe to say the folks at that store are beaming with joy or has a glowing passion for their craft?

I heard the new President say that US infrastructure was a priority to get fixed, so there is hope for those people .

Check list for the Donald:

1 Deport all illegals !

2 Ban muslims from entering the US !

3 Make it safe to customize Blackhawk jerseys !

not necessarily in that order :D

Sending the Indo Edges back to Indonesia is high on his list. 

RE: JB's customization.... 

Something that I noticed with the Werenski jersey I just bought is that the lettering for the CBJ font used is a bit off compared to the Wisniewski and Letestu gamers I have. Sort of disappointing, but I guess there isn't much to do about it now.

The answer on JB's customizing remains, if its not being done by the official customizer, it may not be 100% accurate. If 100% accuracy is your concern, you shouldn't be letting anyone other than the official customizer do it, even if it means additional cost/mailing. 

If you let JB (or anyone else) handle it because its cheaper or more convenient, you are doing so at the risk of sacrificing accuracy. 

Hey All - What are your thoughts on this Maska Nordiques?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Quebec-Nordiques-Jersey-Peter-Stastny-Maska-size-52-Mint-cond-/262719101945?hash=item3d2b475bf9%3Ag%3AxGcAAOSwImRYKgjE&nma=true&si=99Yk3gfAZsJkXSZMuxAn0%2B3MtwE%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I saw it and jumped on it before doing any real research. I haven't previously encountered any fake Maska authentics. Can't really see the Rendezvous patch, but looks legit from what I can tell in the pic. Let me know if I've made a mistake and maybe I can cancel the order before it ships. Thanks in advance!

13 minutes ago, 4freezy said:

Hey All - What are your thoughts on this Maska Nordiques?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Quebec-Nordiques-Jersey-Peter-Stastny-Maska-size-52-Mint-cond-/262719101945?hash=item3d2b475bf9%3Ag%3AxGcAAOSwImRYKgjE&nma=true&si=99Yk3gfAZsJkXSZMuxAn0%2B3MtwE%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I saw it and jumped on it before doing any real research. I haven't previously encountered any fake Maska authentics. Can't really see the Rendezvous patch, but looks legit from what I can tell in the pic. Let me know if I've made a mistake and maybe I can cancel the order before it ships. Thanks in advance!

It looks like some sort of repro to me. The numbers and fleurs look stitched, the cuffs/hem are mesh, shoulder construction is different, etc.

Yes, it looks like a more modern recreation of a Maska jersey.   The originals should be all ultrafil, without mesh sleeve tips.  The early 80's crests were pressed vinyl, and even the later twill ones don't look cut and stitched as neatly as this one.  In any case, by the time the Rendez-Vous patch was used, the Nords were using CCM jerseys.  That number font wasn't ever used as far as I know, and there should be a nameplate as well.

Thanks guys! Fingers crossed I can stop the transaction in time :)

14 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Sending the Indo Edges back to Indonesia is high on his list. 

That would be great.........and Fuc you Hillary, you would probably have imported more :D

Edited by tomtucker

A friend of mine snagged this for a pretty good price and hit me up to see what I thought.. It looks real to me all the way, but wanted to get second opinions.  The thing that throws me off on this one is the fact that all the pics are zoomed in, otherwise I think I could be for sure.  But it does look good. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Authentic-Reebok-Edge-Tampa-Bay-Lightning-Steven-Stamkos-Jersey-Size-52-/152311163337?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=cJAgVcLtbwo0qU0HGXzp1lKjYIw%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

On 11/14/2016 at 0:30 PM, mfitz804 said:

The answer on JB's customizing remains, if its not being done by the official customizer, it may not be 100% accurate. If 100% accuracy is your concern, you shouldn't be letting anyone other than the official customizer do it, even if it means additional cost/mailing. 

If you let JB (or anyone else) handle it because its cheaper or more convenient, you are doing so at the risk of sacrificing accuracy. 

I was told that Cool Hockey does the custom work for JB.  I don't recall who told me so it's just hearsay at this point.

I'm not sure about that.  I think SLC does his work.  They are both based out of Scarborough.

I think he uses both.  For sure he uses SLC for Leafs stuff, for example, but he also told me Cool Hockey did his All-Star jerseys (at least the older ones).

He uses game day sports (Truman Jong) for most of his stuff as far as I know. 

26 minutes ago, AlereFlammam said:

He uses game day sports (Truman Jong) for most of his stuff as far as I know. 

Interesting.  Haven't heard that name in a while.

I have a white sz56 Blackhawks Ultrafil and a B's jersey I sent to Game Day Sports / Truman 

He said he doesn't like dealing with people from this board because they are too picky 

Very nice guy but I was less than impressed with his work on both.

Incorrect fonts on name as well as incorrect #'s

Proceed with caution  

Edited by Hockey Bob

1 hour ago, Hockey Bob said:

I have a white sz56 Blackhawks Ultrafil and a B's jersey I sent to Game Day Sports / Truman 

He said he doesn't like dealing with people from this board because they are too picky 

Proceed with caution  

Yep...just stay away if you are concerned with accuracy. 

Same goes for Locker Room Sports. 

4 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

Proceed with caution  

Are the numbers and letter font different on  Blackhawks Ultrafils then the numbers and letters the hawks use these days?

Edited by tomtucker