It is good or not?

lafountain

4 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

The jersey is a legit authentic.  Exclusive Pro is a high quality customizer.  (But that doesn’t always mean that the lettering will be 100% accurate to on-ice specs.)

Great! Thanks again!

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was able to nab that Thrashers 1.0.  He came down a bit and I was satisfied with the price.

Now I just found this one and if it’s legit, I’m seriously considering making an offer for it because I’ve never seen one of these before.  It’s a Sabres 2006-2007 alternate. It’s beautiful.  Does it look alright?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F143058184551

I also noticed this seller has a few other Sabres jerseys that he says have shortened sleeves.  It doesn’t look like this one does, from what I can tell.  If this one checks out and the sleeves haven’t been touched, I really want this one.  As a Sabres fan this is probably the best alternate jersey in our history.  Many fans want to go to this style full-time today.  It really is a classic based on the old look when Buffalo first came into the League.

Edited by shilenj

It’s good.

I need an expert opinion because I’m not really familiar with this style Penguins jersey:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mario-Lemieux-Pittsburgh-Penguins-Authentic-Starter-Jersey-Sz-48-R/233061140618?hash=item364386c88a:g:W7UAAOSwJOJcHW7F

It seems to be legit but I’m pretty sure this seller bought this from that jersey..authentix guy and he seems to have a shady reputation around these parts.  Also, I’m pretty sure this one was made in Haiti and I thought that version didn’t have a fight strap.  I’m confused.

Edited by CYI3ERPUNK

I've owned a Haiti assembled one in the past and it did have both fight strap and double elbows. From his pics I think I can make out that there is a fight strap, but not sure about the elbows/shoulders as the pics aren't great.  Also the tags don't say anything about Haiti/El Salvador/US or other so I'm not too sure.  I'd probably steer clear but if you were serious about it get some better pics of the 'features'.

Yea, there’s a fight strap but I wasn’t sure about the double elbows, either.  I just messaged him about it, thanks for the reply.

Update: he said no double elbows and that it doesn’t say where it was made.

Edited by CYI3ERPUNK

Looking at a gamer, they did have double elbows, so they are not quite the same as what the players used:

https://www.gamewornauctions.net/products/1996_97_Mario_Lemieux_Pittsburgh_Penguins_Game_Worn_Jersey_Alternate-3659-102.html

Yea, this Penguins jersey is a pain in the butt, I’ve seen like 5 different versions of it.  I’m just gonna wait until I find one with everything, thanks guys.  Also, Spudrock, the Caps jersey was perfect.  Thanks again!

Edited by CYI3ERPUNK

New to this forum, but bigger on r/hockeyjerseys 

No one there really answered me in the legit thread, I bought this from Fullmoon (who I know are legit but low quality) and got this Heroes of Hockey Brad Park and just wanted to be 100% sure it's legit. It has very poor customization and if you guys could put my mind at ease that would be great.

https://imgur.com/a/koFVPm2?fbclid=IwAR1ma3jFmSbyjLlB1Ay6D3_TDHwMJIisdf9uMjduEbJ71Eh-XmSBlbJuoIk

The jersey looks legit; the stitching of the team logo looks typical of the Indonesian-made CCM “Team Classics”/“Heroes of Hockey” Series.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PITTSBURGH-PENGUINS-size-46-Small-Alternate-3rd-Style-ADIDAS-NHL-HOCKEY-JERSEY/362512498432?hash=item54676dbf00:g:9vMAAOSw5Ylb~1e~:rk:10:pf:0

Thoughts?  I'm clueless on the Adidas jerseys.  Pretty good price for a blank if so...

I see from a quick search that  there were quite a few (good) dealings with that seller back in around 2011 by members here.

Everything looks legit, even down to the paper tags.

6 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

Everything looks legit, even down to the paper tags.

Thanks!  $130ish US is a good deal.  Hard to find blanks on these anywhere that allows the use of a discount code, so thanks for the quick reply.

2 hours ago, LAK74 said:

The jersey looks legit; the stitching of the team logo looks typical of the Indonesian-made CCM “Team Classics”/“Heroes of Hockey” Series.

Thanks man, I think in my worried searching I saw some of your other posts talking about Heroes of Hockey series jerseys. 

My collection is a lot of premiers, koho etc and I've yet to come across a legit jersey with the crest and letters sown like that.

Thanks for the help and putting my mind at ease

2 hours ago, blurryhaze312 said:

Thanks!  $130ish US is a good deal.  Hard to find blanks on these anywhere that allows the use of a discount code, so thanks for the quick reply.

And then 2 hours after I make that purchase, IJ puts up a 20% off code for jerseys that works on the Pens alternate.  Go figure. lol

11 hours ago, ResilientBeast said:

Thanks man, I think in my worried searching I saw some of your other posts talking about Heroes of Hockey series jerseys.

There are certainly other “Heroes of Hockey” jerseys that are not legit, but those would generally have number sizes and fake fight straps.  Yours is not one of those. That said, I don’t care much for how these newer CCM replicas (“Team Classics”/HOH Series) are constructed; I still prefer the older Canadian-made CCM “Vintage Hockey” Series ones myself.

15 minutes ago, DJ Rhea said:

Others will know better, but to me, it appears the CCM “Authentic On Ice” tag is sewn on very poorly with crooked stitching. Not saying it makes it a fake, but that’s something you typically see on fakes.

I don’t have enough experience with that series to know if that was a known issue with them.

I don’t recall seeing a white one before (I have a blue one), but it looks good to me.

Looking more closely at the CCM Vintage Series jerseys that I have, the authentics seem to all have the tag stitched on like on the Reebok Edges, that is, with a long horizontal stitch on the top border of the tag, and a short stitch on each of the bottom corners.  The Vintage replicas seem to have the stitches running down the sides of the tag, like on this Leafs jersey.  So I don’t know why this one has the atypical tag stitching, but it still looks to me like a legit authentic in every other way.

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Others will know better, but to me, it appears the CCM “Authentic On Ice” tag is sewn on very poorly with crooked stitching. Not saying it makes it a fake, but that’s something you typically see on fakes.

I don’t have enough experience with that series to know if that was a known issue with them.

It's a real authentic repro.

Like @Gewargis said it's an authentic reproduction, but yeah it would be good to do up a Clark on.  I've had one of this series in a North Stars.  They're well constructed jerseys with typical authentic features.

1 hour ago, Gewargis said:

It's a real authentic repro.

Figured, everything else looks right. But they did a bad job on that tag.