Jump to content
lafountain

It is good or not?

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, DJ Rhea said:

Others will know better, but to me, it appears the CCM “Authentic On Ice” tag is sewn on very poorly with crooked stitching. Not saying it makes it a fake, but that’s something you typically see on fakes.

I don’t have enough experience with that series to know if that was a known issue with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t recall seeing a white one before (I have a blue one), but it looks good to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking more closely at the CCM Vintage Series jerseys that I have, the authentics seem to all have the tag stitched on like on the Reebok Edges, that is, with a long horizontal stitch on the top border of the tag, and a short stitch on each of the bottom corners.  The Vintage replicas seem to have the stitches running down the sides of the tag, like on this Leafs jersey.  So I don’t know why this one has the atypical tag stitching, but it still looks to me like a legit authentic in every other way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Others will know better, but to me, it appears the CCM “Authentic On Ice” tag is sewn on very poorly with crooked stitching. Not saying it makes it a fake, but that’s something you typically see on fakes.

I don’t have enough experience with that series to know if that was a known issue with them.

It's a real authentic repro.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like @Gewargis said it's an authentic reproduction, but yeah it would be good to do up a Clark on.  I've had one of this series in a North Stars.  They're well constructed jerseys with typical authentic features.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gewargis said:

It's a real authentic repro.

Figured, everything else looks right. But they did a bad job on that tag. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DJ Rhea said:

So it's good to be made up as a Clark? 

As long as you don’t mind that it’s an airknit, as opposed to the original ultrafil, and that the sleeves are slightly bigger than the originals, I don’t see why you couldn’t make a Clark out of it.  I think of it as having a replica with pro on-ice quality.  I put an early 90’s player on mine, even though the jersey wasn’t made until the 2000’s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F113499014102

Devils Jersey - strike one

Nameplate “DEVILSRULE” - strike two

USA flag on what should be a Brodeur Jersey - strike three

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zeshy25 said:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F113499014102

Devils Jersey - strike one

Nameplate “DEVILSRULE” - strike two

USA flag on what should be a Brodeur Jersey - strike three

2 & 3 are easy fixes. #1 is a non issue for those of us with sense. ;) 

At half the asking price, I’d probably be in. But $250 plus shipping, plus a new nameplate, plus a new flag, plus shipping to/fro EPS is too much money, and for that reason, I’m out!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your the first person I thought of when I saw that monstrosity (probably too harsh). If they had some sense and just made it a Richter.... 

i digress but I love that style. Have a blank 48 that I’ll be turning into a Richter eventually 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Zeshy25 said:

Your the first person I thought of when I saw that monstrosity (probably too harsh). If they had some sense and just made it a Richter.... 

i digress but I love that style. Have a blank 48 that I’ll be turning into a Richter eventually 

When it comes to monstrosities and horrible jerseys, mfitz804 is your man!!

On a serious note, Brodeur All Stars are something I want to add. But that guy has it way overpriced given the work that needs to be done. Even with the 15% coupon eBay is offering today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually have a 2003 Brodeur all star in white but it’s in a size 48 and I know you usually look for bigger sizes. 

Thinking of turning it into a Leetch and turn my 2002 Blue ASG into a Lindros for a matching set of Rangers DNP. Figure it’s not a total foul as they were selected to play in the games 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Zeshy25 said:

I actually have a 2003 Brodeur all star in white but it’s in a size 48 and I know you usually look for bigger sizes. 

Thinking of turning it into a Leetch and turn my 2002 Blue ASG into a Lindros for a matching set of Rangers DNP. Figure it’s not a total foul as they were selected to play in the games 

Appreciate it but yeah, too small!!

Those wouldn’t be a jersey foul since they were selected, but as they were Rangers, they’d just be regular foul. ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Legit?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F254000250675

I don’t own a Ducks away yet and for the price, I think I’ll make an offer if so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This one is interesting - no hem tag?   Maybe a junior team one done up?  Strange ...

 Minnesota North Stars Authentic On Ice (Basil Mcrae) Jersey Mens XL-XXL https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F372568061531

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, kkash48 said:

This one is interesting - no hem tag?   Maybe a junior team one done up?  Strange ...

 Minnesota North Stars Authentic On Ice (Basil Mcrae) Jersey Mens XL-XXL https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F372568061531

Paging @JJM4, our resident North Stars expert. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Paging @JJM4, our resident North Stars expert. 

LOL, emailed @kkash48 already. I'd say steer clear of that one and wait for the real deal OR make an offer to Adam Grenier on his Brooke #13 Green North Stars GI he's got.  I've stripped one GI from that time period and there was A LOT of glue so your player choices might be limited.

On this one the elbow stitching is wrong should just be single zig zag.  No branding, and I've been made aware the patch is repro (good repro). I've noticed he's come down a lot already.  If you really want it, I'd say message him, he's already come down from 400 to 200, so he might move some more. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found this reasonably priced Wings 6100 in my size.  Does it check out okay?  For the price I think I can make it a good deal.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F302961789373

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's good, 
2005 through 2007 

I bet you could get it for half of what they're asking :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

It's good, 
2005 through 2007 

I bet you could get it for half of what they're asking :)

That’s about what I was thinking!  Might do a Franzen rookie with the No. 39 with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...