Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
lafountain

It is good or not?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, TheKevinShow said:

Did the Kings ever wear a big block without any NHL shield?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F113912308666

Yes, 1989/90 Set 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StayFrosty said:

I have a friend looking for a team-issued Canucks 2.0 Henrik Sedin (Home). Size 56. A jersey that can be stripped is acceptable. Any ideas?

Thx.

 

henrik-sedin.jpg

JB should have some.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LAK74 said:

Yes, 1989/90 Set 1.

Ok, so that jersey is good to go but can only be properly customized with the 89-90 roster. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That set without the NHL shield was worn at the time that Gretzky broke Howe’s all-time points scoring record.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TheKevinShow said:

JB should have some.

I looked on eBay and it looked like JB only had size 60. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, LAK74 said:

That set without the NHL shield was worn at the time that Gretzky broke Howe’s all-time points scoring record.

But the game in question was on the road. Ugh...

Edited by TheKevinShow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I looked on eBay and it looked like JB only had size 60. 

Exactly.

Hmmm. Thanks guys. But any more options?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Are you concerned that they didn't wear whites without the shield?

That’s what I was wondering, haha.  I was just referring to the general time period, since the original question simply asked if the Kings wore that logo without the shield.  And yes, they did wear white ones too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Are you concerned that they didn't wear whites without the shield?

Yes. I want to be sure that I'm looking at something normal and not something that had the NHL shield removed for some reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How does a CCM-style Reebok 6100 jersey, 58G comapre to a regular 58?

And still looking for the Canucks 2.0 Sedin jersey ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, StayFrosty said:

How does a CCM-style Reebok 6100 jersey, 58G comapre to a regular 58?

And still looking for the Canucks 2.0 Sedin jersey 😉

Much wider sleeves and a shorter torso. I don’t have exact measurements but that’s the sum of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/3/2019 at 6:28 PM, LAK74 said:

Welcome to this group, and no, you’re not bothering anyone!  😊

If you were looking at a replica version of this Starter model jersey, it would have a hem logo with the S/star, with a small STARTER wordmark logo underneath it, plus an Eastern Conference logo next to that.

Authentic versions of this black jersey had 2 different hem logos, depending on when they were used.  For 1996/97, the Starter logo was the S/star with wordmark underneath it, just like the replica one.  Like mdwsta4 said, in the last half of 1997/98, and also in 1998/99, the logo was the full wordmark one like the one in the auction you linked.  If you want to get real particular about details (like many of us here are), Lemieux never wore the version in the auction, because he retired (for the first time) right after the 1996/97 season.  Of course, whether that’s significant enough to bother you is up to you to decide.

The price is still quite low, since the auction just started recently, but who knows what price the auction will end at, or whether it will be a good deal.  Good luck in whatever you decide to do!

Thanks very much for the info! That actually does kind of bother me that Lemieux never wore this jersey! haha Looks like I found the right group of people here! Go Kings Go!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be clear, he did wear this style jersey, the only difference being that the Starter hem logo was not the same one that’s on the jersey being auctioned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it alright if I ask how much all of this could be worth? A friend of a family friend is in need of cash and wants me to sell this stuff for him.

I take it that it's not worth much, eh? Except MAYBE the McDavid card? In any event, what would be a fair price to sell these individually for on eBay? Thx.

And yes, unfortunately the jerseys are just replicas, but new with tags, I believe. Hallsy is autographed, Yak-attack is not.

IMG-0405.jpg
IMG-0406.jpg
IMG-0407.jpg
IMG-0408.jpg
IMG-0409.jpg

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a friend of mine asked me if this probert jersey is a replica or if its authentic. i was thinking that it is an authentic jersey from the 80'. however when i compared it to an 86-87 one that i own, there were some differences that made question my thinking. so i had to post it here get the opinions of those far more knowledgeable than i 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FluffyBunnyFeet said:

a friend of mine asked me if this probert jersey is a replica or if its authentic. i was thinking that it is an authentic jersey from the 80'. however when i compared it to an 86-87 one that i own, there were some differences that made question my thinking. so i had to post it here get the opinions of those far more knowledgeable than i 😁

That's an authentic model.  Small block CCM.  You can tell because it has the fight strap and double material on the elbow area.  It also has gussets in the armpit area (a little extra diamond-shaped swatch of material). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2019 at 5:41 AM, jsh139 said:

That's an authentic model.  Small block CCM.  You can tell because it has the fight strap and double material on the elbow area.  It also has gussets in the armpit area (a little extra diamond-shaped swatch of material). 

thanks for the reply. the white ccm logo through me off. i have seen the red/blue ccm logo but i don't think i have ever seen the white one. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2019 at 6:01 AM, FluffyBunnyFeet said:

thanks for the reply. the white ccm logo through me off. i have seen the red/blue ccm logo but i don't think i have ever seen the white one. 

 

http://thejerseybook.com/1983-1993/

2v2EjbST8xZ1VfS.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, this " Favorite Team(s):All the teams in the old Norris Division (82-93) minus Tampa Bay" is gold :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone have any thoughts on this one? Legit? Fake? Somewhere in between??

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F202804332550

It looks very close to this gamer with the exception of the inside tagging at the back of the neck area.....

https://www.gamewornauctions.net/products/1988_89_Jim_Sandlak_Canucks_Game_Worn_Jersey_BABE-2640-81.html

 

Edited by KB67

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Totally fake.  The body should be one piece dyed ultrafil, not multiple pieces stitched together.  Bad tags, fight strap, among other things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

Totally fake.  The body should be one piece dyed ultrafil, not multiple pieces stitched together.  Bad tags, fight strap, among other things.

Ok, thanks for the confirmation. Much appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

Totally fake.  The body should be one piece dyed ultrafil, not multiple pieces stitched together.  Bad tags, fight strap, among other things.

As someone corrected me years ago, the different colors of Ultrafil are knit together with different color thread, not dyed. But the layers should not be stitched together like that. 

That said, the collar and the tagging are absolutely horrendous. The fight strap is sewn on crooked. And maybe someone else knows better, but I think the CCM hem logo should be embroidered and not a patch. That I could be wrong about as I’m no expert on Canucks, or anything else really. 

But I’ll second that it’s a fake, and not an especially convincing one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

As someone corrected me years ago, the different colors of Ultrafil are knit together with different color thread, not dyed. But the layers should not be stitched together like that. 

That said, the collar and the tagging are absolutely horrendous. The fight strap is sewn on crooked. And maybe someone else knows better, but I think the CCM hem logo should be embroidered and not a patch. That I could be wrong about as I’m no expert on Canucks, or anything else really. 

But I’ll second that it’s a fake, and not an especially convincing one. 

Yeah, I didn’t want to think it was, because I’ve been after one like that for the longest time, but glad I checked in here to confirm my suspicion.

Thanks guys!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...