It is good or not?

lafountain

1 hour ago, Evil Pirate Zamboni said:

Thanks LAK74 and Hockey Bob for the great info!  Although it would be great to have a Northstars crested jersey, the price is way too steep.  Especially for a non-game style.  I appreciate the help and the money saved!

Good choice. Back when I dabbled in other teams, I bought one of those for $150. When I gave up other teams, I sold it for $150. 

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

We know what you dabble in. I'm thinking Buffalo Bill in a Rangers jersey!

Definitely that. But never in a a Rangers jersey, I’m not a sick maniac. In that way. 

On 10/17/2019 at 7:51 PM, slimcutta said:

Also, this " Favorite Team(s):All the teams in the old Norris Division (82-93) minus Tampa Bay" is gold :D

oh, it is gold isn't it. considering that from nov 1985 - jan 1988 i was in the army and stationed with the 3rd ad in west germany. while stationed there, i was able to watch a whole zero nhl games and the only way i was able to keep up the nhl was reading box scores in the stars and stripes (if they decided to print them) or when i got my monthly copy of hockey digest. i ets'd in jan 1988 and was able to start watching nhl games again. so yeah, gold

So, this might be a bit obsessive, but let me know if this would bother you or not.

I bought a KOHO Kings jersey with the thoughts of making it a Luc Robitaille jersey.  He used this style in 2000-01 before playing for the Red Wings in 2001-02.  Well, when I received the jersey, it turned out it was a team issued jersey with the hang tag still on it.  The issue is, it still have the born on date tag on it, and it was made on July 26, 2001.  So this would have been after Luc played for the them and it would make the jersey a 2001-02 season jersey.  I could always do a Ziggy Pallfy Team Issued jersey, or Potvin.  Just curious if this is taking it to another level to craziness.

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

Just curious if this is taking it to another level to craziness.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, but yes, it definitely is lol. 

38 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

So, this might be a bit obsessive, but let me know if this would bother you or not.

I bought a KOHO Kings jersey with the thoughts of making it a Luc Robitaille jersey.  He used this style in 2000-01 before playing for the Red Wings in 2001-02.  Well, when I received the jersey, it turned out it was a team issued jersey with the hang tag still on it.  The issue is, it still have the born on date tag on it, and it was made on July 26, 2001.  So this would have been after Luc played for the them and it would make the jersey a 2001-02 season jersey.  I could always do a Ziggy Pallfy Team Issued jersey, or Potvin.  Just curious if this is taking it to another level to craziness.

Thanks!

I’m as picky as they come, but yeah man you crazy! 😜 I would have no issue putting Robitaille on it.

42 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

Thanks!

Pull the born-on sticker off.  Problem solved :D

I guess I am the opposite.
I really DO want my stuff to look like a gamer but the impossible details aren't worth sweating.
It's NOT a gamer, In the end, when I sell it - it will still be either "just a team issue" or a retail jersey. I wonder, How much value does having a 100% accurate patch or an accurate born on hang tag really add?

I love that we all geek out over the small details but I imaging those that collect gamers are sitting back and scoffing

2 hours ago, spudrock512 said:

It wouldn’t bother me, but there were a few minor tagging differences between the 2 seasons.  Just curious, does your jersey have the single Made in Canada flag/size tag, or separate small size tag and MiC tags?

10 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

It wouldn’t bother me, but there were a few minor tagging differences between the 2 seasons.  Just curious, does your jersey have the single Made in Canada flag/size tag, or separate small size tag and MiC tags?

Just the single tag.

s-l1600.jpg

I have to come clean and admit that it did sorta bother me having a born on tag that was 2 years older than a jersey I was trying to replicate.  It is a Sabres with 95' born on tag and I had the SC100 patch on it.  Once I found an original Sabres 25th patch I stripped the SC100 off to make it accurate to the born on tag.  But I like @jsh139 idea on the subject best in hindsight lol.

1 hour ago, spudrock512 said:

Just the single tag.

Thanks.  That proves those flag tags were manufactured prior to 2001/02, but the Kings might not have used those until later in the 2001/02 season.

What’s interesting to me is that some of the 2000/01 Kohos had Koho tags on the back collar, but a CCM tag on the inside, like on this Robitaille:

https://www.classicauctions.net/mobile/LotDetail.aspx?inventoryid=108175

Also this alternate:

https://www.classicauctions.net/mobile/LotDetail.aspx?inventoryid=107153

34 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

Thanks.  That proves those flag tags were manufactured prior to 2001/02, but the Kings might not have used those until later in the 2001/02 season.

Well, between the tagging difference and the born on date, I know it sounds a little picky, but I think I am going to go the route of the Palffy 01/02 jersey.  At least I am not getting to the point of only buying jerseys the player actually wore...but I'm close.

Hey LAK74 - these numbers were stacked ion 01/02 right?

Edited by spudrock512

3 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

Well, between the tagging difference and the born on date, I know it sounds a little picky, but I think I am going to go the route of the Pallfy 01/02 jersey.  At least I am not getting to the point of only buying jerseys the player actually wore...but I'm close.

You gotta do what makes you feel best.  Those twin patches on the 2001/02’s look pretty cool anyway!

8 hours ago, spudrock512 said:

Just curious if this is taking it to another level to craziness.

Thanks!

Given that there was no discernible difference between the 2000-01 and 2001-02 jerseys, yes. 

Couple questions: did the 97-98 LA Kings jerseys have nameplates or not?  And what is the Starter material called?   It's not airknit, it's almost like ultrafil but softer.  Does it have a name?

11 minutes ago, JJM4 said:

Couple questions: did the 97-98 LA Kings jerseys have nameplates or not?  And what is the Starter material called?   It's not airknit, it's almost like ultrafil but softer.  Does it have a name?

If it's like the Hurricanes and Whalers, I believe it's called Flo-Knit.

2 minutes ago, Biscuit In The Basket said:

If it's like the Hurricanes and Whalers, I believe it's called Flo-Knit.

I thought flo-knit is like the pro player, which is somewhat similar to airknit.  This is like soft and spongy ultrafil like material.

13 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Flo-Knit is Nike/SP material. Maybe it’s called StarKnit? I’ve seen that thrown around on here. 

Yeah that's sorta what I had in mind.  We'll see if someone can confirm.

Per my other question, on nhluniforms it doesn't look like the kings use nameplates in 97-98... or maybe ever since I know my 2003 doesn't use a nameplate either.

33 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

Flo-Knit is Nike/SP material. Maybe it’s called StarKnit? I’ve seen that thrown around on here. 

Now I remember why for years I didn't collect past '95-'96. Anything other than Ultrafil and Air-Knit and it's gets too complicated for me. lol.

Doesn’t look like they used nameplates in 1997-98. Also, the material looks more like air knit (or star knit, whatever) than ultrafil. 

https://www.gamewornauctions.net/products/1997_98_Jan_Vopat_Los_Angeles_Kings_Game_Worn_Jersey_Photo_Match-13062-0.html

I’ll let @LAK74 confirm, tho.