It is good or not?

lafountain

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Skip2MyPou said:

Ohh sorry, I was asking if it was not a counterfeit/fake jersey! So it looks good to you?

Yes. It’s 100% a legit replica CCM.

1 hour ago, Skip2MyPou said:

Ohh sorry, I was asking if it was not a counterfeit/fake jersey! So it looks good to you?

You're good. There aren't many fakes out there from the CCM/Koho era, regardless of whether it's a replica or authentic. The counterfeiting trend didn't really pick up until the Reebok era.

I’ve been on the hunt for this style of 80’s Canucks jerseys for a while, and the one I posted here a few weeks back was deemed to be a fake, and now I’ve come across these on my local Craigslist page. The prices are extraordinarily high on them. Any comments on the legitimacy of them, and if they’re the real deal, what an accurate value on them would be?

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/bnc/spo/d/burnaby-authentic-ccm-maska-canucks/7021016447.html

Edited by KB67

13 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Legit. I hadn't noticed that the only reason he dropped the price was that he sold the Bure.

I'm not really sure about the value, but I'd think it's probably about half current list. Maybe a little more.

I don’t recall which BURE jersey he had. I had emailed him when he first posted, and he had like zero flexibility on his asking price, but the price is insane.

15 minutes ago, KB67 said:

I don’t recall which BURE jersey he had. I had emailed him when he first posted, and he had like zero flexibility on his asking price, but the price is insane.

He had an awesome looking black rookie Bure with 75th patch. 

• 1 month later...

I'm looking to add an '07-'08 1.0 Toews to the collection. Does anybody have pics of the back of one that is done in the correct font? I've seen that they used the Nike/Koho font for the 2's and 6's on early 1.0's but can't find a pic of Toews from early in his rookie year or any other jersey using 9's to confirm they used the pre 2.0 #9's. Stands to reason that they would since a 9 is just an upside down 6 but want to be sure. Thanks.

I’m not quite sure what you meant about the “Nike/Koho font for the 2’s and 6’s.”  I definitely see a difference between a #2 in the pre-Edge + Edge 1.0 era vs. the 2.0 era, but is there supposed to be a difference in the 6’s between those eras?  I couldn’t see any significant difference between either 6’s or 9’s from the pre-Edge, 1.0 or 2.0 eras.  They all looked the same to me.  Maybe I’m not seeing something?

On 12/29/2019 at 1:24 AM, LAK74 said:

I’m not quite sure what you meant about the “Nike/Koho font for the 2’s and 6’s.”  I definitely see a difference between a #2 in the pre-Edge + Edge 1.0 era vs. the 2.0 era, but is there supposed to be a difference in the 6’s between those eras?  I couldn’t see any significant difference between either 6’s or 9’s from the pre-Edge, 1.0 or 2.0 eras.  They all looked the same to me.  Maybe I’m not seeing something?

It's not a huge difference but is noticeable, the square part on the bottom of the Spacek 6 is smaller than the top part and the Passmore is just a flipped 6. From what I can see in Getty pics they changed the 2's, 6's and 9's late in the '07-'08 season for '08-'09.

There's a pic on Getty of Toews with Jason Williams from Mar. '08 with the old font.

On Apr. 4, '08 there's a pic of Toews during a Shirts Off Their Back giveaway and his jersey has what would be the '08-'09 font. IJ won't let me download the Toews/Williams and Toews giveaway pics due to space but check Getty and let me know what you think.

Edited by Biscuit In The Basket

Thanks for pointing that out; I hadn’t noticed that before.  I see what you mean, and the March 08 pics definitely look old font, both the 2’s and 9’s.  They are wearing 2.0’s, so it’s apparently not a 1.0 vs. 2.0 thing, but probably just a date issue.  I saw a pic of a 1.0 with the new font as well, used late in the season.

Does this shot of Toews in the background from November 07 look clear enough to you to confirm it’s the old font?  Looks like 1.0’s to me:

https://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/news-photo/daniel-sedin-of-the-vancouver-canucks-keeps-a-tight-check-news-photo/78088002

44 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

Thanks for pointing that out; I hadn’t noticed that before.  I see what you mean, and the March 08 pics definitely look old font, both the 2’s and 9’s.  They are wearing 2.0’s, so it’s apparently not a 1.0 vs. 2.0 thing, but probably just a date issue.  I saw a pic of a 1.0 with the new font as well, used late in the season.

Does this shot of Toews in the background from November 07 look clear enough to you to confirm it’s the old font?  Looks like 1.0’s to me:

https://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/news-photo/daniel-sedin-of-the-vancouver-canucks-keeps-a-tight-check-news-photo/78088002

Is your inbox full? Trying to send you a DM but it isn’t going through 

59 minutes ago, KB67 said:

Is your inbox full? Trying to send you a DM but it isn’t going through 

Sorry, just cleared up some space.

2 hours ago, LAK74 said:

I saw that pic too and it looks like old font to me but wasn't sure anyone else would agree since it's at a distance. I can't believe how tough it is to find an early Toews pic or any other image or gamer with a 9 from that time to make a comparison. That Shirts giveaway is the best clear evidence that the 'Hawks had changed to the newer font late in the '07-'08 season, it's just too bad there isn't one clear back shot of Toews from earlier in the season. That early in the season Williams pic is the best look at a 9 and sure looks like old font.

Quality wise, it doesn’t look like a fake.  It looks like an ultrafil 1996/97 authentic, except for some weird details.  The crest, as you mentioned, has the colors of the road crest, not the home one.  Other details on the crest don’t look quite right either; it almost looks like a replica crest.  The jersey is missing the Wild Wing patches on the shoulders.  And the neck tags below the Nike tag are not standard for a 96/97 Nike, or for any other year for that matter.  Maybe it’s an early (prototype) version of that jersey.  

Edited by LAK74

On 12/29/2019 at 3:33 PM, Hockey Bob said:

I must be more blind than I thought
I'm not seeing it... 
Anybody got a box of crayons to point it out to me? 

Hey Bob,

If you measure the top/bottom of the 6/9 squares they aren't square like the later 1.0/2.0's, they are like the bottom of the old font 2's and are slightly rectangular. Not really noticeable in pics like the 2's but about 3/8" difference from being square.

3 minutes ago, lafountain said:

Authentic Indo Edge

19 minutes ago, lafountain said:

I can’t imagine anyone faked an Indonesian made Reebok jersey. I can’t speak as to the accuracy of the customizing. 

14 hours ago, lafountain said:

That jersey is a legit Indo Edge. Can’t speak for the accuracy of the name/numbers. But, that seller is a little unscrupulous. I’ve bought from and sold him a few jerseys and the last one I sold him was a game worn jersey that he modified and resold on eBay. Trying to pass it off with more wear, I think. It was an odd situation because a legit buyer bought it and then tried to resell it, and that’s when the modifications were noticed. Turns out the second buyer had no idea and ended up returning it to him. Not sure what happened after that. So, just buyer beware. 

Snagged this 1991-96 Jets road jersey off the bay last night. Don’t see these come up too often in this condition so I jumped on it. Not sure if the price was fair or not but I didn’t want to wait. I think I’m pretty good at spotting fakes, so I don’t think this is not legit, but the Center Ice Tag is sewn on weird. Looks like maybe it had fallen off and someone just sewed it back on with straight stitch instead of the zigzag that comes from the factory. Anyway, it got me wondering if anything else was wrong. 

So, what do you guys think? Look legit to you?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F133308849313

Tag in question:

s-l1600.jpg

1 hour ago, jsh139 said:

Snagged this 1991-96 Jets road jersey off the bay last night. Don’t see these come up too often in this condition so I jumped on it. Not sure if the price was fair or not but I didn’t want to wait. I think I’m pretty good at spotting fakes, so I don’t think this is not legit, but the Center Ice Tag is sewn on weird. Looks like maybe it had fallen off and someone just sewed it back on with straight stitch instead of the zigzag that comes from the factory. Anyway, it got me wondering if anything else was wrong. 

So, what do you guys think? Look legit to you?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F133308849313

Tag in question:

s-l1600.jpg

It's legit. Nice pick up, they don't show up near as much as they used to. As the saying goes, it's worth what someone is willing to pay. I've spent more on a few jerseys than some may say is fair market value but if you want it and it doesn't come along very often, get it. Better than second guessing. What are your plans? Selanne, Tkachuk?