Sign in to follow this  
lafountain

It is good or not?

23 minutes ago, Van67 said:

This is what I sent...

"I'm curious... the MeiGray tag says game WORN in 2011-12. You're advertising this jersey as a game issued jersey. The Stars wore the 20th anniversary patch in 2012-13, so how can this jersey be worn or issued for 2011-12? Valeri Nichushkin was drafted in 2013 and played his rookie season in 2013-14 when the Stars switched to their current green and white uniforms. Nichushkin never played for the Stars when this black jersey was their home uniform, so how could this be an issued jersey for him?"

...No response yet. I don't expect one lol.

For what it’s worth, I’ve bought stuff from him via Facebook in the past and he’s always been a stand-up guy.

Sometimes, sellers get jerseys from other collectors who don’t know what the hell they are doing, so don’t harass him too much if he doesn’t know the whole story. 

The ocean?? What ocean??

18 minutes ago, thebiggoalie said:

For what it’s worth, I’ve bought stuff from him via Facebook in the past and he’s always been a stand-up guy.

Sometimes, sellers get jerseys from other collectors who don’t know what the hell they are doing, so don’t harass him too much if he doesn’t know the whole story. 

This guy’s other items are 2.0’s, and supposedly game worns, all good quality stuff.  He’s no noob at this, so I don’t see any way he could not know that the jersey he’s selling is nothing other than a relettered preseason jersey.  He even has the MeiGray LOA, which is certainly not going to say “game-issued for Nichushkin,” so to claim it as such is just being rather dishonest, IMO.  It would be different if he had actually said “team-issued, lettered with Nichushkin.”

It's probably misleading, but I'm guaranteeing he means the jersey was game issued and then recustomized.

Again, slightly misleading but he probably doesn't realize.

13 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

This guy’s other items are 2.0’s, and supposedly game worns, all good quality stuff.  He’s no noob at this, so I don’t see any way he could not know that the jersey he’s selling is nothing other than a relettered preseason jersey.  He even has the MeiGray LOA, which is certainly not going to say “game-issued for Nichushkin,” so to claim it as such is just being rather dishonest, IMO.  It would be different if he had actually said “team-issued, lettered with Nichushkin.”

I’m not saying he and I are friends or anything. In fact, I don’t remember his actual name anymore since we last did a deal about two years ago. I’m just trying to give my actual experience with him as a seller. 

Nobody likes Milhouse! 

It's a good quality replica jersey.  I guess you could call it authentic but it's not the on-ice authentic jersey for the Canucks.

1 hour ago, JJM4 said:

It's a good quality replica jersey.  I guess you could call it authentic but it's not the on-ice authentic jersey for the Canucks.

Ohh sorry, I was asking if it was not a counterfeit/fake jersey! So it looks good to you?

8 minutes ago, Skip2MyPou said:

Ohh sorry, I was asking if it was not a counterfeit/fake jersey! So it looks good to you?

Yes. It’s 100% a legit replica CCM.

1 hour ago, Skip2MyPou said:

You're good. There aren't many fakes out there from the CCM/Koho era, regardless of whether it's a replica or authentic. The counterfeiting trend didn't really pick up until the Reebok era.

I’ve been on the hunt for this style of 80’s Canucks jerseys for a while, and the one I posted here a few weeks back was deemed to be a fake, and now I’ve come across these on my local Craigslist page. The prices are extraordinarily high on them. Any comments on the legitimacy of them, and if they’re the real deal, what an accurate value on them would be?

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/bnc/spo/d/burnaby-authentic-ccm-maska-canucks/7021016447.html

Edited by KB67

Legit. I hadn't noticed that the only reason he dropped the price was that he sold the Bure.

I'm not really sure about the value, but I'd think it's probably about half current list. Maybe a little more.

13 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Legit. I hadn't noticed that the only reason he dropped the price was that he sold the Bure.

I'm not really sure about the value, but I'd think it's probably about half current list. Maybe a little more.

I don’t recall which BURE jersey he had. I had emailed him when he first posted, and he had like zero flexibility on his asking price, but the price is insane.

15 minutes ago, KB67 said:

I don’t recall which BURE jersey he had. I had emailed him when he first posted, and he had like zero flexibility on his asking price, but the price is insane.

He had an awesome looking black rookie Bure with 75th patch. 

I'm looking to add an '07-'08 1.0 Toews to the collection. Does anybody have pics of the back of one that is done in the correct font? I've seen that they used the Nike/Koho font for the 2's and 6's on early 1.0's but can't find a pic of Toews from early in his rookie year or any other jersey using 9's to confirm they used the pre 2.0 #9's. Stands to reason that they would since a 9 is just an upside down 6 but want to be sure. Thanks.

I’m not quite sure what you meant about the “Nike/Koho font for the 2’s and 6’s.”  I definitely see a difference between a #2 in the pre-Edge + Edge 1.0 era vs. the 2.0 era, but is there supposed to be a difference in the 6’s between those eras?  I couldn’t see any significant difference between either 6’s or 9’s from the pre-Edge, 1.0 or 2.0 eras.  They all looked the same to me.  Maybe I’m not seeing something?

On 12/29/2019 at 1:24 AM, LAK74 said:

I’m not quite sure what you meant about the “Nike/Koho font for the 2’s and 6’s.”  I definitely see a difference between a #2 in the pre-Edge + Edge 1.0 era vs. the 2.0 era, but is there supposed to be a difference in the 6’s between those eras?  I couldn’t see any significant difference between either 6’s or 9’s from the pre-Edge, 1.0 or 2.0 eras.  They all looked the same to me.  Maybe I’m not seeing something?

It's not a huge difference but is noticeable, the square part on the bottom of the Spacek 6 is smaller than the top part and the Passmore is just a flipped 6. From what I can see in Getty pics they changed the 2's, 6's and 9's late in the '07-'08 season for '08-'09.

There's a pic on Getty of Toews with Jason Williams from Mar. '08 with the old font.

On Apr. 4, '08 there's a pic of Toews during a Shirts Off Their Back giveaway and his jersey has what would be the '08-'09 font. IJ won't let me download the Toews/Williams and Toews giveaway pics due to space but check Getty and let me know what you think.

Edited by Biscuit In The Basket

Thanks for pointing that out; I hadn’t noticed that before.  I see what you mean, and the March 08 pics definitely look old font, both the 2’s and 9’s.  They are wearing 2.0’s, so it’s apparently not a 1.0 vs. 2.0 thing, but probably just a date issue.  I saw a pic of a 1.0 with the new font as well, used late in the season.

Does this shot of Toews in the background from November 07 look clear enough to you to confirm it’s the old font?  Looks like 1.0’s to me:

https://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/news-photo/daniel-sedin-of-the-vancouver-canucks-keeps-a-tight-check-news-photo/78088002

44 minutes ago, LAK74 said:

Thanks for pointing that out; I hadn’t noticed that before.  I see what you mean, and the March 08 pics definitely look old font, both the 2’s and 9’s.  They are wearing 2.0’s, so it’s apparently not a 1.0 vs. 2.0 thing, but probably just a date issue.  I saw a pic of a 1.0 with the new font as well, used late in the season.

Does this shot of Toews in the background from November 07 look clear enough to you to confirm it’s the old font?  Looks like 1.0’s to me:

https://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/news-photo/daniel-sedin-of-the-vancouver-canucks-keeps-a-tight-check-news-photo/78088002

Is your inbox full? Trying to send you a DM but it isn’t going through 

59 minutes ago, KB67 said:

Is your inbox full? Trying to send you a DM but it isn’t going through 

Sorry, just cleared up some space.

2 hours ago, LAK74 said:

I saw that pic too and it looks like old font to me but wasn't sure anyone else would agree since it's at a distance. I can't believe how tough it is to find an early Toews pic or any other image or gamer with a 9 from that time to make a comparison. That Shirts giveaway is the best clear evidence that the 'Hawks had changed to the newer font late in the '07-'08 season, it's just too bad there isn't one clear back shot of Toews from earlier in the season. That early in the season Williams pic is the best look at a 9 and sure looks like old font.

I must be more blind than I thought
I'm not seeing it... 
Anybody got a box of crayons to point it out to me? 

This struck me as weird, the logo is the wrong colour for the jersey.  Is this a fake Nike?  If so it's the first time I've seen one.  

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/153769558098?hash=item23cd614052:g:~zYAAOSw9fZd~Thn&autorefresh=true 

Quality wise, it doesn’t look like a fake.  It looks like an ultrafil 1996/97 authentic, except for some weird details.  The crest, as you mentioned, has the colors of the road crest, not the home one.  Other details on the crest don’t look quite right either; it almost looks like a replica crest.  The jersey is missing the Wild Wing patches on the shoulders.  And the neck tags below the Nike tag are not standard for a 96/97 Nike, or for any other year for that matter.  Maybe it’s an early (prototype) version of that jersey.  

Edited by LAK74