Sign in to follow this  
lafountain

It is good or not?

On 12/29/2019 at 3:33 PM, Hockey Bob said:

I must be more blind than I thought
I'm not seeing it... 
Anybody got a box of crayons to point it out to me? 

Hey Bob,

If you measure the top/bottom of the 6/9 squares they aren't square like the later 1.0/2.0's, they are like the bottom of the old font 2's and are slightly rectangular. Not really noticeable in pics like the 2's but about 3/8" difference from being square.

3 minutes ago, lafountain said:

Authentic Indo Edge

19 minutes ago, lafountain said:

I can’t imagine anyone faked an Indonesian made Reebok jersey. I can’t speak as to the accuracy of the customizing. 

14 hours ago, lafountain said:

That jersey is a legit Indo Edge. Can’t speak for the accuracy of the name/numbers. But, that seller is a little unscrupulous. I’ve bought from and sold him a few jerseys and the last one I sold him was a game worn jersey that he modified and resold on eBay. Trying to pass it off with more wear, I think. It was an odd situation because a legit buyer bought it and then tried to resell it, and that’s when the modifications were noticed. Turns out the second buyer had no idea and ended up returning it to him. Not sure what happened after that. So, just buyer beware. 

Thanks for the info everyone.

Snagged this 1991-96 Jets road jersey off the bay last night. Don’t see these come up too often in this condition so I jumped on it. Not sure if the price was fair or not but I didn’t want to wait. I think I’m pretty good at spotting fakes, so I don’t think this is not legit, but the Center Ice Tag is sewn on weird. Looks like maybe it had fallen off and someone just sewed it back on with straight stitch instead of the zigzag that comes from the factory. Anyway, it got me wondering if anything else was wrong. 

So, what do you guys think? Look legit to you?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F133308849313

Tag in question:

s-l1600.jpg

1 hour ago, jsh139 said:

Snagged this 1991-96 Jets road jersey off the bay last night. Don’t see these come up too often in this condition so I jumped on it. Not sure if the price was fair or not but I didn’t want to wait. I think I’m pretty good at spotting fakes, so I don’t think this is not legit, but the Center Ice Tag is sewn on weird. Looks like maybe it had fallen off and someone just sewed it back on with straight stitch instead of the zigzag that comes from the factory. Anyway, it got me wondering if anything else was wrong. 

So, what do you guys think? Look legit to you?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F133308849313

Tag in question:

s-l1600.jpg

It's legit. Nice pick up, they don't show up near as much as they used to. As the saying goes, it's worth what someone is willing to pay. I've spent more on a few jerseys than some may say is fair market value but if you want it and it doesn't come along very often, get it. Better than second guessing. What are your plans? Selanne, Tkachuk?

20 minutes ago, Biscuit In The Basket said:

It's legit. Nice pick up, they don't show up near as much as they used to. As the saying goes, it's worth what someone is willing to pay. I've spent more on a few jerseys than some may say is fair market value but if you want it and it doesn't come along very often, get it. Better than second guessing. What are your plans? Selanne, Tkachuk?

Cool, thanks! Was gonna put in an offer, but it had only been up for about 4 hours and had like 12 watchers, so I figured if I didn’t jump on it, someone else would.

Thinking Selanne rookie with SC100 patch.  The CCM tag isn’t the old school “Ultrafil” in the red rectangle tag, but I don’t think it matters all that much. 

jan-1993-rightwinger-teemu-selanne-of-th

35 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

The CCM tag isn’t the old school “Ultrafil” in the red rectangle tag, but I don’t think it matters all that much. 

The tag just indicates that it was manufactured later on, probably 1994 or later.