It is good or not?

lafountain

7 hours ago, QueenAnnesRevenge said:

Nope. The Oilers never wore a small block in any fashion. 

That’s a shame. This is probably going to sell for real cheap.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wayne-Gretzky-Double-Starter-Pro-Authentic-New-York-Rangers-Liberty-Jersey-sz-56/143627646689?hash=item2170dff6e1:g:g18AAOSwj19e4CBc

Looks fairly legit. Listing says the wash-tag showing where it was made was removed.

Only thing throwing me is the Gretzky Set 2 tagging on the hem and the GRETZKY tag by the neck. Typically only seen on the knock-offs but, the material and customization look good to me.  

Also, appreciate if anyone could verify the accuracy of the customization. Compared to some pictures of games the holes in the 9s look accurate but, the red-border on the numbers seem wider than on gamers. 

Not familiar with the Starter jerseys at all as my team never wore Starter. But do the hem logos have paper backing on them like that? It's not even cut neatly, its irregular. Is that how they did them?

Anytime a set 2 Gretzky Rangers, I just ignore it.  It has been faked too many times to make it seem worth it.  Plus, the twill on the fight strap is far to narrow on this jersey. And the fact that the Made in Berlin tag has been removed is a huge red flag. What is the point of cutting out that tag unless you are trying to deceive someone. 

Edited by spudrock512

24 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

Didn't we already have this conversation like a month ago??

I thought so but, I thought it was on Facebook and was searching through old threads there. Either way there’s enough red flags for me to just stay away.

44 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

Didn't we already have this conversation like a month ago??

What did we decide last month?

6 hours ago, Zeshy25 said:

Also, appreciate if anyone could verify the accuracy of the customization. Compared to some pictures of games the holes in the 9s look accurate but, the red-border on the numbers seem wider than on gamers. 

The customization looks spot on to me.

1 hour ago, Brilliant! said:

That Gretzky sucks!!!!

Agreed. If he didn’t pass so much he’d have scored 200 goals a year. What a loser. 

Edited by mfitz804

• 2 months later...

Hello,

Can someone please let me know if the numbering looks correct for this Sharks jersey?  I believe the Sharks only wore this style for only 1 year.  The name and the Captain's "C" need to be corrected, and an NHL 2000 patch added, but I am hoping that the numbering can be preserved.

Please let me know if the numbers looks accurate.  Thanks for any help.

San Jose Sharks Road Teal Gen 2 CCM Size 56 Nolan Pro Strip 9San Jose Sharks Road Teal Gen 2 CCM Size 56 Nolan Pro Strip 14

• 4 weeks later...

Are these just replica jerseys? 

They look like the Vintage series version where they had the big V on the front but a different style. 
Did the Rangers ever wear this? (CCM patch with the NHL badge) 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Joe-Kocur-Authentic-NY-Rangers-Jersey-Mens-48-CCM-NHL-Detroit-Red-Wings-Joey/274508840166?hash=item3fea007ce6:g:cnMAAOSwuPJfbhM-

2 hours ago, Hockey Bob said:

Are these just replica jerseys? 

They look like the Vintage series version where they had the big V on the front but a different style. 
Did the Rangers ever wear this? (CCM patch with the NHL badge) 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Joe-Kocur-Authentic-NY-Rangers-Jersey-Mens-48-CCM-NHL-Detroit-Red-Wings-Joey/274508840166?hash=item3fea007ce6:g:cnMAAOSwuPJfbhM-

That’s basically when CCM made the air knit reissues of some of the TBTC jerseys. The Rangers never actually wore them in a game, and the retail ones never had the vintage patch on them.

I have a blank that I’ve been tempted to have some “brilliant” guy replace the front letters with the TBTC ones, and make a Vanbiesbrouck TBTC jersey for me because he just loves sewing that name onto any jersey he can. 

3 hours ago, thebiggoalie said:

That’s basically when CCM made the air knit reissues of some of the TBTC jerseys. The Rangers never actually wore them in a game, and the retail ones never had the vintage patch on them.

I have a blank that I’ve been tempted to have some “brilliant” guy replace the front letters with the TBTC ones, and make a Vanbiesbrouck TBTC jersey for me because he just loves sewing that name onto any jersey he can. 

🤣😆
You are making him work too? 
He's mad at me because I keep making him put Brodeur on stuff. 
That settles it, now I'm gonna have to get a Beezer :)

1 hour ago, Hockey Bob said:

🤣😆
You are making him work too? 
He's mad at me because I keep making him put Brodeur on stuff. 
That settles it, now I'm gonna have to get a Beezer :)

I’ve actually want to make a Beezer Devils jersey at some point, but then Fitz would like, talk to me and stuff. 

1 hour ago, thebiggoalie said:

I’ve actually want to make a Beezer Devils jersey at some point, but then Fitz would like, talk to me and stuff. 

Was kind of grossed out when he was a Devil, but at least it wasn’t that ventriloquist dummy looking asshat Mike Richter. 

Edited by mfitz804

6 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Was kind of grossed out when he was a Devil, but at least it wasn’t that ventriloquist dummy looking asshat Mike Richter. 

YOU SEE THIS BOB? HES DOING IT AGAIN!!!!!

6 hours ago, thebiggoalie said:

YOU SEE THIS BOB? HES DOING IT AGAIN!!!!!

Alright you two, don't make me get one of those shirts that says "We have to wear this until we can get along" and stuff you both in it 🤪

I just got a White Liberty back from Mike that I put Richter on. 
I'm a goalie fan as well, while you can't argue with Marty's stats, there were plenty of awesome goalies in the 90's 
Like the one who won the Cup in 94' :)   

• 5 months later...
14 minutes ago, Evil Pirate Zamboni said:

Hi all,

Thoughts on what this jersey is claiming to be?

Thanks for the input.

Everything seems to be correct.  The vinyl crest is the correct bigger size with the thick white boarder. The heat pressed name and number look right too.  I don't think someone would fake this as a preseason jersey and sell it for $300.  I know most collectors don't really like these preseason all heat pressed version and they don't really sell for a lot.  I'm also someone that doesn't think autographs to anything for the value of the jersey.

This is an older auction and I don't know much about Crown Sport Auctions, but here is an example of one selling: https://www.crownsportsauction.com/1991-92-jayson-more-game-used-san-jose-sharks-pre--lot504.aspx

Hmmm...

I wonder if the guy paid $700 for both jerseys, but really only wanted the white one, so now he's trying to recoup some by selling off the pre-season jersey.

Thanks for your help spudrock512