It is good or not?

lafountain

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would guess fake. Those jerseys have been counterfeited like crazy here in MN

For anyone interested, dent_the_twine has a Chris Simon CCM authentic black alternate from the first version, with the "iceberg"/"glacier"/etc. name lettering style (the Koho [on-ice, authentics, CCM or Koho on semi-pros] neck tag with straightened names, issued starting in 2000-01 being the "second" black version). This one will need quick evaluation by anyone interested, as it ends very soon [3:38:02 PM EST / 12:38:02 PST today]. The price seems pretty reasonable for what it is from my quick inspection, but the size is 56, which is way too big for me: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=220540125727. This is the style worn in 1997-98 when the Caps made their first Stanley Cup run, but they didn't wear the black during the actual SCF. The 2 road games were in blue, and the 2 home were in white, so for anyone who might be interested in it, I wouldn't get this particular jersey if I were looking to put a 1998 SCF patch on a jersey.

Dent also has this one up - even though Scott Stevens is not the highest on my list of Caps I'd want on a jersey from the original "pre-crest" era, I'm still interested: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=270517032901. The 52 size is perfect for me, but the list price is too steep for my budget, so I'm considering making an offer. I suppose the worst that happens is he says no. Any Scott Stevens fans might also want to take a look at it since it's pre-Devils for him- the "A" on the front looks a bit narrow to me, but the numbers look a fair bit better than the 1 did on the Ridley that was on not long ago. I can't see any major problems in the customization other than the "A" on the front, but I honestly don't remember quite so exactly how it was supposed to look, so I could be wrong in thinking it's too narrow.

How does this jersey look?I won it earlier today..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...e=STRK:MEWNX:IT

That looks good. It's also a really nice find. Those Nike thirds were real beauties. They had that satiny material that CCM later incorporated into some of their jerseys after 2000. He says in the description that it's a CCM jersey but it's clearly a Nike because you can see the swoosh on the hem.

That username sounds familiar actually. I think I've bought from him before. Either way, it's good. Great price too.

That looks good. It's also a really nice find. Those Nike thirds were real beauties. They had that satiny material that CCM later incorporated into some of their jerseys after 2000. He says in the description that it's a CCM jersey but it's clearly a Nike because you can see the swoosh on the hem.

That username sounds familiar actually. I think I've bought from him before. Either way, it's good. Great price too.

O ok thanks i used a card to see if the "A" on the front was right and it looks it to me the only thing i wasen't sure of was the name on the back

Hey guys, what do you think about this one. I have been talking to the owner and he says the jersey was purchased at a liquidation sell of a local sports store. The jersey was customized by a friend that runs an embroidery store and has proper fonts and the like. My only concern is the namebar is far to long and i cant tell or not from the pictures he has sent if the silver is dazzle fabric. What are your thoughts.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...T#ht_500wt_1182

Hey guys, what do you think about this one. I have been talking to the owner and he says the jersey was purchased at a liquidation sell of a local sports store. The jersey was customized by a friend that runs an embroidery store and has proper fonts and the like. My only concern is the namebar is far to long and i cant tell or not from the pictures he has sent if the silver is dazzle fabric. What are your thoughts.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...T#ht_500wt_1182

Tough to say without more pictures. Ask for pics of the front, neck area and fight strap.

Well i have pictures of the front and fight strap. Hes getting me more detailed photos, Everything im seeing points to real at this point but like i said, i cant really tell if the silver is dazzle fabric .

Well i have pictures of the front and fight strap. Hes getting me more detailed photos, Everything im seeing points to real at this point but like i said, i cant really tell if the silver is dazzle fabric .

let's see the pic of the fight strap.

Heres the link to the album they are in. Im not going to leave them up for long since. Some one else has already bid on the jersey with 4 days left so i might not bid. I already have a staal but would like a bigger size.

http://community.webshots.com/album/575924701NCKmnA

Ah, it's fake. That strap is terrible and blatantly fake compared to the real RBK/CCM fight straps. The buttons should be a flat silver surface and not have that sunken look to it. Pass on that one and save yourself some money.

Are you sure that he just didnt undo the fight strap and flip the velcro back around. The picture looks as if the numbers are facing the camera and the fight strap is pull back. Im just trying to see if theres any other way to make it look that way. But then again you cant even see the twill and it should hang over the sides of the fight strap if you had it pull back.

Im curious to see if he will even send the other picks.

No, there's no side of the button that should look like that. The CCM/Reebok fight strap has not changed in a loooooong time. It does and has looked like this for some time now:

strapc1-vi.jpg

strapc2-vi.jpg

Just to be sure, I checked out my game-worn Red Wings jersey from the 2009 Finals and it matches exactly. Like I said earlier, save your money for the real deal! :D

Are you sure that he just didnt undo the fight strap and flip the velcro back around. The picture looks as if the numbers are facing the camera and the fight strap is pull back. Im just trying to see if theres any other way to make it look that way. But then again you cant even see the twill and it should hang over the sides of the fight strap if you had it pull back.

Im curious to see if he will even send the other picks.

That Staal, along with the Luongo, and Iginla by seller "dattlesey1" are all fakes. I asked the seller for pics of the fight strap and it is as fake as someone just came out of plastic surgery!!!