Your Collection As A Whole

PensJerseys

I was sitting at my desk last night and realized just how much space my 12 jerseys took up in the closet. Now, for this community 11 isn't a lot, but that's still 10-11 more than most "normal people" have. That got me thinking about just how much closet/wall space some of you guys needed who have above and beyond even 20 jerseys.

I, for one, would love to see pictures of your jersey caves. What say, ye? Let's all have a good laugh and maybe even share a few storage tips with those who have closets being over run by jerseys (might save the wives from forcing some of them out!).

So....27 Dresses, anyone?

alg_27.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no pictures, but I personally fold the ones I dont wear often in neat little squares and put them in large bags, then stack them on the floor of my closet.

Although granted, besides my suit, everything else hung in my closet are jerseys :P

I always hang them in plastic clothes bags. Most of them on a standalone rack, the rest just where I can find hanging space: wardrobe, back of door, outside of wardrobe.

I haven't even got that many, God knows how some of the guys on here store their collections. I imagine Jeff's house is 80% wardrobe ;)

Here's the best shot I could get:

closet-vi.jpg

There's a few out of the shot all the way to the right but you get the idea.

EDIT: Just a heads up; I moved this thread to the Show and Tell forum.

Do your jerseys - particularly the ones with shoulder patches - do OK on those thinner style hangers Mike? I got mine on quite broad hangers, like for a suit jacket, cos I'm worried about putting a crease in a patch, but they're hardly space efficient.

I use the thicker plastic tube hangers so I never have an issue. Most of my patches actually hang down beyond the hanger anyway which is good. I do not...DO NOT...use wire hangers though. They'll put indents in the shoulders and in the patches in a heartbeat.

My closet is only one row - but it's quite long ...

Starting on the left...
closet_left.jpg

The middle...
closet_middle.jpg

On the right and on back...
closet_right.jpg

Some factory sealed up top...
closet_top.jpg

The holding area/overflow ...
closet_xtra.jpg

The overflow looks like the floor of my room at times...

Anyway, here is mine. I know this is a lousy picture but I don't have the space in my closet to devote it exclusively to my collection. Just ignore the hoodies you can see on the left. I will try to rearrange this for a better picture tomorrow. And yes, I color code my collection. Whites are first, then blacks, reds, and blues. If I ever get a jersey in a color I don't yet have, I'll figure out its placement then.

jerseycloset.jpg

All mine are pretty much smashed together at the moment. I have the authentics on the broad plastic hangars and the replicas on the thinner plastic. You might also be able to spot my small collection of Baseball jerseys on the right side.

2285201470104543675S425x425Q85.jpg

2687916240104543675S425x425Q85.jpg

Take two. This one gives a little bit of a better representation!

jerseycloset2.jpg

I am looking for storage tips when you don't have a lot of space:

I live at home and I have a small bedroom. There is no way in hell my parents are going to let me take up another closet with jerseys. Plus I own way too many clothes (yes, I know us girls...blah blah blah) so I can't dump everything out of my own closet to solely devote it to my collection. What do you guys think I should do? I was thinking Space Bags...any other ideas?

Wow, nice collections! I didnt realize how many Pittsburgh fans there were.

Yeah, too many you ask me :P

I use the thicker plastic tube hangers so I never have an issue. Most of my patches actually hang down beyond the hanger anyway which is good. I do not...DO NOT...use wire hangers though. They'll put indents in the shoulders and in the patches in a heartbeat.

Next investment may need to be in replacement hangers then, fit a few more on the rack. Problem with that of course would be about 35 ruddy great suit jacket hangers I'd have to store somewhere...

Looking at others pics makes me think I need to atleast reorganize my collection by team or color. I does look much nicer.

They are empty from when I moved earlier this year. Being a reformed comic book geek, they hold my collection of Bowen Marvel Comics busts. Prior to moving I sold off about a 3rd of my collection and decided to put my small collection of Rangers goalie masks in there to see how they'd look.

• 2 months later...

Akteon, aside from being a Rangers fan we have a lot in common...I have a ton of Marvel stuff battling for space against my jerseys...

• 2 months later...

In about a month I'll be moving into my first apartment out of college.

Now, I'm kind of nervous about taking my jerseys with me due to damages beyond my control, but at the same time I don't want to take them to my parents house where my younger siblings can/will use them. I'm wondering if any of you use any kind of protective bag/cover/bin to store your jerseys so as to protect from possible water damage.

Once I buy my own house, I'll probably store them in a water/fire proof safe that I plan on buying for different reasons, but until then I'm looking for something to hold me over for the next few years - something preferably inexpensive. The only thing I can think of is the same kind of bag you use to store a mans suit, but those aren't always air tight...

Suggestions?

This is only my temporary set up, My home in Calgary was quite a bit more extravagant.

IMG_2815.jpg

IMG_2814.jpg

IMG_2813.jpg

IMG_2817.jpg

IMG_2816.jpg

IMG_2819.jpg

IMG_2813.jpg

I think you have an illegal curve on your stick there, friend. :lol:

Seriously though now, that's a heck of a setup you have going. I can't wait to start building a Pens theme around the apartment with my girlfriend ~ at least since we are both fans she fully endorses this. :) haha

I think you have an illegal curve on your stick there, friend. :lol:

Seriously though now, that's a heck of a setup you have going. I can't wait to start building a Pens theme around the apartment with my girlfriend ~ at least since we are both fans she fully endorses this. :) haha

Haha the Illegal curve referring to the bend in the bar?

Do I spot a fake Gretzky Rangers jersey on that rack?

Indeed :( When you pay $160 for it on eBay (In an auction), you wouldnt expect it to be fake.

I have 3 Fakes....thats one of them

I also have a MA Fleury one that I got signed, and a Fake Tyler Myers as well.