Home Jersey Repairs and Where to buy thread.

AeroFishOne

Heres the skinny. I messed up during the striping process and have a few small gashes on the back mess part of a Colorado Avalanche Home jersey where the seam ripper got too deep. Also have a small hole in the blue part of the arm where the numbers are located. I spent hardly anything on the jersey so its not that big of an upset and not enough for me to toss the jersey. The previous numbers on the back made it worth trying to strip it. Is their any kind of special way to perform a repair on the jersey like they do in the NHL.

Before anyone gets thinking, No Im not going to sell it as Gameworn. I plan on getting it recustomized with a player but due to where the gashes are on the back, no player would completely cover it.

Also, does anyone know where to buy the specific thread for each NHL team if necessary, or is there a site that specifies what color a team uses?

Heres the skinny. I messed up during the striping process and have a few small gashes on the back mess part of a Colorado Avalanche Home jersey where the seam ripper got too deep. Also have a small hole in the blue part of the arm where the numbers are located. I spent hardly anything on the jersey so its not that big of an upset and not enough for me to toss the jersey. The previous numbers on the back made it worth trying to strip it. Is their any kind of special way to perform a repair on the jersey like they do in the NHL.

Before anyone gets thinking, No Im not going to sell it as Gameworn. I plan on getting it recustomized with a player but due to where the gashes are on the back, no player would completely cover it.

Also, does anyone know where to buy the specific thread for each NHL team if necessary, or is there a site that specifies what color a team uses?

As far as thread goes just take the jersey with you to wal-mart or whatever store you have in your area that sells thread and buy whatever matches up the best.

Yeah, you don't have to get too crazy with thread type. I usually just go to an AC Moore or Joann Fabrics with a letter or number of the color I need and let them give me the best match.

Well cool,

I mean is there anything fancy to fix a hole. Is it just a straight stictch?

No, use a zig-zag stitch to close it up.