When did Reebok Change the Authentic Details

AeroFishOne

Hey guys, I was noticing something today. On the newer authentics it seems that the Rbk stripe around the neckline now is just a plain REEBOK instead of RBK with the RBK shadows. Does anybody know why and when they changed. I figured the new way would be easier to counterfeit jerseys since its just a solid reebok. If anybodys having trouble understanding i will try to get pictures up.

I think they changed that last year actually. I bought a Habs centennial jersey last year and it had that tag in it but the ones from the year before still had the RBK one in them.

Ah ok, it kind of stinks because that was one way to distinguish an authentic and a fake depending on how horribly done the shadow RBK's were. I dont know how good counterfeiters got at making the necklines but i dont see why Reebok would want to make it harder to distinguish authentic jerseys from fakes.

I just received a Tavares Islanders chinesse knock off. here is what it looks like in the collar. I'll see if this works, if not I'll re-post tomorrow.

Wow, thats in your face.

That's the new correct collar that I wad talking about. Can you specify which features on your jersey led you to believe it was fake. I'm curious to see how counterfeiters are adapting to the new changes.

I ordered knowing it was fake. I only paid $40.00 for it. I wanted one cheap jersey to wear around, shovel snow do what ever with it. Ill take better pix tomorrow after noon when I get up (I work nights). I used my phone to take the pix. The knock offs are getting better and better. There is only slight differences in them now. The tags and collar look real close, the weight of the material is almost spot on. The NHL logo on the neck is smaller and embroidered on, so is the Reebok logo on the back. Ill down load all those tomorrow.

Will the arm fabric on a fake repel water like the real authentics? I have been wonderin if that's a sure fire way to check if you already bought a jersey.

So you say the NHL logo and reebok symbol are just embroidered on and not patches as they should be? I'm wondering why the counterfieters haven't swithed to patches yet for those, I could be wrong.

Will the arm fabric on a fake repel water like the real authentics? I have been wonderin if that's a sure fire way to check if you already bought a jersey.

So you say the NHL logo and reebok symbol are just embroidered on and not patches as they should be? I'm wondering why the counterfieters haven't swithed to patches yet for those, I could be wrong.

Ill try the water on it to see if it repels it or not. But yes, just like in the "fake jersey" post, the NHL and the Reebok logo are embroidered on. The numbers are thick. The Islanders logo doesn't look to bad, and the fight strap is your standard fake. But like I said, I'm not afraid to wear it outside or around the house. If it gets beat up or stained, no big deal. Better to jack up a fake rather then one of my authentics.

Ill try the water on it to see if it repels it or not. But yes, just like in the "fake jersey" post, the NHL and the Reebok logo are embroidered on. The numbers are thick. The Islanders logo doesn't look to bad, and the fight strap is your standard fake. But like I said, I'm not afraid to wear it outside or around the house. If it gets beat up or stained, no big deal. Better to jack up a fake rather then one of my authentics.

No kidding about tearing up an authentic, 300 bucks is a lot to through away. Let me know about the water thing though. The arm and front fabric should bead up the water. I have been thinking about getting a fake just to see te difference and similarities.

Has anbody else noticed any other changes in the jerseys or tags by reebok other then the collar?

I just tried the water on the jersey and yes, it does bead and run off. I'll load pics when my wife gets home (since I really dont know how to do that). I also took a lot of pics too.

Ah well that sucks, Who would have figured that counterfeiters would use fabric that is probably more expensive. I suspect that in the next year it will probably be almost impossible to tell a fake from an authentic, especially with Reebok making it easier for them.

Hey guys, I was noticing something today. On the newer authentics it seems that the Rbk stripe around the neckline now is just a plain REEBOK instead of RBK with the RBK shadows. Does anybody know why and when they changed. I figured the new way would be easier to counterfeit jerseys since its just a solid reebok. If anybodys having trouble understanding i will try to get pictures up.

To answer your question, the rbk changed to Reebok because of the whole athletic rebranding they did. You can see "Reebok" instead of the logo or just rbk on equipment like goalie pads, gloves, and sticks. I also believe that if you order a blank EDGE jersey, it will have a small "Reebok" on the front under the collar.

Hey guys, quick question. I just saw an Edge Authentic with the old "RBK" collar Ribbon but with a "Reebok" Center Ice Tag ( the big silver one at the collar). Has anybody seen the old details mixed with the new?