Kari Lehtonen traded to Dallas

lafountain

So the only reason I liked the Thrashers was because Ilya Kovalchuk is my favorite player and Kari Lehtonen was another player I liked to watch, well we knew Kovalchuk was traded but last night while watching the Stars lose in the shootout yet again they announced that Kari Lehtonen was traded to the Stars.

To Atlanta: Ivan Vishnevskiy, 2010 4th Round Pick

To Dallas: Kari Lehtonen

Sabres have always been #1 to me and the Thrashers moved up to 2 due to liking two players on the team, but had no real ties to the team other than having gone to games during their expansion season, now the reasons to like the team are gone.

Also pretty much tells you that Marty Turco is gone at the end of this season or possibly sooner.

So the only reason I liked the Thrashers was because Ilya Kovalchuk is my favorite player and Kari Lehtonen was another player I liked to watch, well we knew Kovalchuk was traded but last night while watching the Stars lose in the shootout yet again they announced that Kari Lehtonen was traded to the Stars.

To Atlanta: Ivan Vishnevskiy, 2010 4th Round Pick

To Dallas: Kari Lehtonen

Sabres have always been #1 to me and the Thrashers moved up to 2 due to liking two players on the team, but had no real ties to the team other than having gone to games during their expansion season, now the reasons to like the team are gone.

Also pretty much tells you that Marty Turco is gone at the end of this season or possibly sooner.

Personally, I love this move. I'm up in the air on Vishnevskiy, but a lot of the Stars fans on other boards weren't too happy about the trade. I like Kari. I'm a big Marty fan, but the last couple of seasons he's not been the same. I think its time for a change, especially with the youth movement the Stars are undergoing right now.

I will have to pick up some Marty gear as his time winds down with the team.