Olympic Hockey

lafountain

So in a absolutely huge shocking moment. :rolleyes:

In the Womens Tournament the Gold Medal game will be contested by USA and Canada.

They only outscored their opponents by a combined 86 - 4. (46 - 2 for Canada / 42 - 2 for USA)

They only outscored their opponents by a combined 86 - 4. (46 - 2 for Canada / 42 - 2 for USA)

See - and some people think goal differential shouldn't matter. :lol:

So in a absolutely huge shocking moment. :rolleyes:

In the Womens Tournament the Gold Medal game will be contested by USA and Canada.

I wonder if the IOC'll be considering whether to keep the women's hockey as an Olympic sport, due to the fairly obvious (and enormous) gulf between Canada and the US, and the rest. They're not mad keen on such uneven competition. Then again there probably aren't as many winter sports queuing up for a place at the games, unlike the summer version.

Good Lord, that USA vs Switzerland game was a heart attack. All it was going to take was one let down and we would be headed to OT where anything can happen, and often does.

After putting 3 pucks in the net but only 1 on the scoreboard, it starts to make one paranoid that it just isn't going to go your way...

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. It felt like that abnormal game where one team completely dominates and puts 50+ shots on goal, only to have the opposing goalie be an absolute brick wall and then the game-winner goes off two skates and never touches the back of the net.

I caught the back end of the game today and while it wasn't the purdiest of efforts, it got the job done. Good for Miller to get the shut-out. I think this team can play with the Finns or the Czechs; I really do. Our boys are playing for a medal now...let's make it a gold one!

It's a shame, that could've been a classic.

I hear ya and it wasn't. Whooo did Russia look bad. Meanwhile, my darkhorse pick Finland keeps rolling. If Kipper keeps playing like he has, they will be a tough out.

Meanwhile, my darkhorse pick Finland keeps rolling. If Kipper keeps playing like he has, they will be a tough out.

Well I am a moron. 3-0 US through 10 minutes of the first period. US/CA final???

EDIT: 4-0

Well I was rooting for the underdog USA, so a bit of a shame it was a bridge too far for them. Still, another great game; fightback from 2-0, the leveller with 24 seconds to go - just brilliant. A fitting finale to what's been an enjoyable watch over the last fortnight.

Yeah...it sure does blow. But man what a great tournament performance from our boys. I almost jumped through the roof when Parise tied it up in the third. A fantastic game and just a fantastic tournament. I just absolutely DESPISE the fact that that dingleberry potted the game-winner.

Yeah...it sure does blow. But man what a great tournament performance from our boys. I almost jumped through the roof when Parise tied it up in the third. A fantastic game and just a fantastic tournament. I just absolutely DESPISE the fact that that dingleberry potted the game-winner.

I think I scared my wife when Parise scored the goal to tie the game with the way I jumped.

Was a great tournament as a whole, hoping the NHL decides to participate in 2014 in Sochi as this team could still largely be the same.

I love the Olympics. I absolutely, completely, totally, unabashedly went APESH*T when we scored at the end of regulation. Haven't been that excited over sports in a while. I was at a bar with lots of Canadians, and the watching experience was just awesome. Lots of good-natured ribbing and congrats all around when it was over. When it comes to silly, insignificant things that can inexplicably give you great joy, sports has no parallel. Yes, I'm gay on sports and particularly the Olympics. Great game, great day.

I really liked the reports that casual fans who tuned in for the game really liked the hockey they saw. Of course, the NHL publicizes itself like a hole in the ground. I can't wait for the end of Gary's tenure.