2010 Olympic Jersey arrived today

Calciomania

Hi all....

My 2 olympic jerseys arrived today...the Canada Crosby and the Russia Ovechkin. The Jerseys comes from icejerseys as i always buy there. But the first time i'm not sure if the customization has a mistake in it.

The Canada Crosby shirt is made without Nameplate....but i think all Jerseys at the Olympic Games has nameplates on it. Maybe someone has an answer for me or what can i do now?

thx manuel

001.jpg

004.jpg

so now i sent a mail to icejerseys or maybe someone of icejerseys can also reply here in the forum...

i know now that all jerseys at the olympics have nameplates and i paid for original customization...i hope icejerseys will answer to this case...

Originally I was thinking that a nameplate simply might not fit on mine due to the cut of the men's jerseys. Not sure if my original pic posted. I will try again. Anyways, I know when I ordered a Kane USA jersey from Nike, it had a nameplate. I also know that Ovechkin and Crosby are both jerseys that Nike is mass-producing, so I dont understand why they would be different.

16835_1254946006279_1008420004_30589209_3048963_n.jpg

Pretty curious as I'm wanting a Miller USA.

The reason that we have been shipping jerseys without nameplates, is because Nike did not make nameplate material available to retailers. Rather than use a color or material that doesn't match, the names are sewn directly to the jersey.

So now i received some answers.

Yes CANADA definitely uses Nameplates and with the answer from Icejerseys i'm a bit unhappy.

It's right that they say the nameplates arrived only last week and they have to finish the orders for the Olympics...but why they not contact a customer before customization when they can't do it professional at that time and ask if they should wait for the nameplates or not.

And to my second opinion i received only an excuse....they say Nike told them to sew it like this....äähmmm sorry but wear the Players of CANADA the names almost on the shoulders?!?!?!?! I'm very unhappy because i only received excuses and no solution...very bad, because IJ makes so much advertising for his good customization...

you can see the pictures below....Crosby is stitched so bad...also the place of Letters and numbers too much at the top. Ovi is great done...

but if you do it bad...you have to do the best with your customer service that help the customer....or not?!?!?!

I paid for original customization...thats fact....and the crosby shirt is not good enough for 79$, because i can't wear it like this...or does my friends have to watch my shirt from above to read?!?!

P2150056.jpg

P2150058.jpg

:(

To add to this, I was at my local River City Sports today to just get a replica Canada jersey and noticed they had a bunch of the jerseys customized for sale. The usual suspects such as Crosby, Brodeur, Iginla... The one thing i noticed is that some had the name plate while others did not and the letters were just sewn to the jersey much like Calciomania. I wanted a Toews but they didnt have it in the white just red. But in the red the Crosby (just put on the shelf) and the Toews were with out name plates while the others had. The sales guy wasn't sure whay that was. So it seems that not just Ice Jerseys is having this issue.

the place of Letters and numbers too much at the top

I tend to agree. Wonder if the problem is that seam that's high on the back, looking at the jerseys during the games the names seem to be placed above that, but the seam itself is lower, in a continuous line with the ones on the upper arms. In your original picture, those upper arm seams are lower than the back seam on the replica. So perhaps that's where the confusion is from?

Obviously only seeing this "in game", so could be wrong, but that's what it looks like to me.

Just watching some summarized replays right now and doesn't appear either team are using nameplates on their red jerseys. The opponents wearing white definitely do have nameplates (would make sense the red ones would as well then :D; some shots it does look like but most it doesn't). Don't take my word for it though. The way they've cut it, if you blink you miss the peek of the back of the jersey ...

Let me see if I can find some pics ...

On the white Canada jersey, for the ladies at least, the arm seam is definitely at the same height of the one on the back.

edit: looking at an Ovechkin pic they seem to be wearing nameplates after all. DC is on to something though: armseam matches up with one on the back.

2hq9s9f.jpg

On a sidenote: just saw an interview with the Staal's dad, Henry, and he can still speak "een beetje" dutch ;)

P2150058.jpg

:(

It looks like the number font on the back and shoulders your OV jerseys is a bit off. The "holes" in the 8 should be wider. The white twill in the numbering is too wide.

2hq9s9f.jpg

vancouver-olympics-ice-hockey-2010-2-17-2-45-51.jpg

vancouver-olympics-ice-hockey-2010-2-17-2-41-33.jpg

Originally I was thinking that a nameplate simply might not fit on mine due to the cut of the men's jerseys. Not sure if my original pic posted. I will try again. Anyways, I know when I ordered a Kane USA jersey from Nike, it had a nameplate. I also know that Ovechkin and Crosby are both jerseys that Nike is mass-producing, so I dont understand why they would be different.

16835_1254946006279_1008420004_30589209_3048963_n.jpg

It also looks like the font used for your Kovalchuk jersey is not accurate.

Look at top of the 1's on Malkin's jersey compared to the 1 on your Kovalchuck jersey.

4366258623_7789224190_o_d.png

Also Team USA uses the same name and number fonts as Russia. Look at the 1's and 7's on these jerseys from the WJC

4366258533_47500eda02_o_d.png

Ugh, not happy right now. This is the first time I've used IJ for customization as I have an account to get NHL kits myself, so I'm not too happy. I'd expect them to answer this though and make it right. I buy all of my jerseys from IJ and have never had any complaints, but this is bothersome.

Ugh, not happy right now. This is the first time I've used IJ for customization as I have an account to get NHL kits myself, so I'm not too happy. I'd expect them to answer this though and make it right. I buy all of my jerseys from IJ and have never had any complaints, but this is bothersome.

There is a precustomized Malkin jersey on IJ that has the correct font template for the numbers.

http://www.icejerseys.com/item_details.php?id=8412

This must be the jersey the Nike mass produces that uses the authentic numbering on the back but is missing the shoulder numbering.

Keep us updated on the status of getting your jersey fixed. I have a few IIHF jerseys I need to have customized. I would like to send them to IJ but need to sure they will use a nameplate and correct number/letter fonts.

To my last mail to IJ i didn't received an answer...i don't know why i don't get en answer from them.

Maybe they realized now that they made mistakes on the Olympic Jerseys...

I wrote below mail to customer service, but nothing comes back from them...

My Mail:

Dear Ice Jerseys Team,

So i’m very unhappy with this answer and i think we can’t find a good solution.

I’m a collector of shirts and until yesterday i was always happy with your support, but with this shirt i can’t be happy….it’s awful to wear because i have to wear the name almost on my shoulders and i think it’s not possible that the players wear it like this. As a collector i know how it should be. (you can see it on the pics…Crosby shirt is bad…Ovi one is like it has to be)

So now i will have to look maybe for another store, because from a store which advertise so much the good customization i can expect a bit more and not only excuses.

Best regards

Manuel

and below the last mail before mine from IJ with their excuses:

Hi Manuel,

Thank you for contacting IceJerseys.com.

At the time you placed the order, the nameplates were not available from Nike. Only this past week, were they sent to us by Nike. Rather than wait for the namebars to arrive, we had to prepare our orderes for the people that were waiting in time for the Olympics. As far as the name being too high, thats exactly where the players will have it, and thats where nike told us to sew them.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

IceJerseys Customer Service

Has IceJersey's started to use the correct numbering for the Russian jerseys? It's the same as the USA jerseys so I'm concerned that the customization for USA jerseys also has inaccurate numbering. If anyone has gotten IJ to customize a USA jersey, I would really love to see a picture of the numbering before I send mine. I'm quite surprised by the problems IJ is having with this. The templates for the numbering should have been around since the WJC.

Aside from the fact that they have absolutely 0 stock for USA jerseys, I'm glad I saw this when I did and won't be bothered with this issue.

I'll definitely not be ordering one if they look like that. I order here for the top quality customization; if I wanted this, I'd just order straight from NHL.com.

I got an Early Birthday present in the form of the New Sweden Jersey...The other half of the jersey is a customization job....I want to get BACKSTROM on it, however, i am concerned they will flop it and miss the to dots that should appear about the A

Sorry for the delay in posting a response to this thread, but we are in the middle of the Olympic rush right now, and we have to run our business.

I must say that it is great to see the passion that this community has for jerseys and jersey customization - and we are always doing our best to match that passion with quality products and service. However, having said that we are deeply concerned with the way the customization issues are beginning to cause uneasiness amongst our customers. We would like to present some of the issues that we have encountered. It is not to make excuses it is just a way to clear the air, and try to explain that we are doing the best we can within the constraints that are dealt us by the manufacturers:

1) The major issue we’ve had with the customization is the lack of proper info from NIKE early on. All we ever received from Nike is a sincle jersey image with 'PLAYER' for the name and '22' for the number - for all teams. In the meantime, we have to customize jerseys and have to interpret what all numbers and letters will look like based on 7 characters total - not an easy job. Then, the players finally hit the ice months later, and what they are wearing doesn't necessarily match the vague information that we had received from Nike.

2) To further complicate matters NIKE did not make matching namebars available until about a week ago, so we had to decide between putting on a non matching namebar (which looks awful) or sewing directly to the jerseys like we have always done in the past for IIHF jerseys (due to the general lack of namebar material availability). As a company, we were aware that the majority of the customers purchasing a customized Olympic jersey wanted to receive it in time time for the games. In fact, Calciomania in particular wrote a detailed message on his order expressing his concern that we could get the jerseys to him in Switzerland in time for the Olympics (which we did). The only way that was possible was to sew names directly to the jerseys. Within the last week the matching namebar material has become available from Nike for some teams/colors. We are now using the namebars wherever possible on the IIHF jerseys.

3) Several of the customized jerseys for popular players that you may have seen online (Ovechkin, Malkin etc…) were pre done by the NIKE factories in Vietnam where NIKE had sourced the matching namebar material. Unfortunately those jerseys do not have the exact font as worn on the ice (notice the smaller lettering on the names). The first batch came in without sleeve numbers (that is coming directly from NIKE!). They completed Malkin jerseys with #71 (although they can’t really be blamed as the official roster #’s did not come out until recently). In fact we even received a MALKIN jersey from Nike with the number 8 on the back!!

4) This might be the most important and most overlooked factor by those of you seeking a perfect match to what is worn on the ice: The replica jerseys are put together differently than the Authentic jerseys that are worn on ice by the payers. The pattern of a replica jersey versus an authentic can be completely different with measurements and seams aligning things at different heights and locations. In fact, the seam separating the name location and the back numbers is way higher on the replica jerseys. This has given us no choice but to place the name higher up on the replica jerseys. Another example....USA Langenbrunner jerseys on the replica: the name doesn’t really fit because the seam is too high. As a result, the name would would have to cover the shoulder patches - so we need to make adjustments. I must stress that when you are buying a replica jersey, it is just that.... a REPLICA... it is not exactly the same as what is worn on ice, although it often is very close at a much more reasonable price, so there has to be a bit of understanding here on the part of the customer. What I can guarantee, is that you will not find better, more authentic customization on a replica jersey elsewhere than what we offer at IceJerseys. However, there are many limitations that prevent us from making things match perfectly when dealing with some replicas. Unfortunately, these are the simple facts of the constraints that we are forced to work within.

So, keeping the above information in mind, we are doing everything we can to get quality customization on the jerseys and delivered on time to our customers. Considering we have shipped thousands of IIHF jerseys since the fall, and have had tons of extremely positive feedback from our customers, I believe we are doing a good job. If anyone still believes we have done less than what they have expected from us, please contact Customer Service directly and explain your issue, and we will do what we can to come up with a solution.

Thank you!

So is Ice Jerseys now using the correct numbering template for the Russian and USA jerseys now? Captnstabn posted pics of a jersey he ordered from IJ that has the back and numbering done by Nike but it appears the numbers on the shoulders were done by IJ. The font on his shoulder numbering is exactly the same used on the back of Calciomania's jersey which isn't accurate to actual jersey. Will this problem be corrected for future jerseys? Also would it be possible to post a list of teams that you have nameplate material for? That way people won't be surprised when they get a jersey with names sewn directly on the jersey.

Sorry for the delay in posting a response to this thread, but we are in the middle of the Olympic rush right now, and we have to run our business.

[snarky]If you don't have any Olympic jerseys in stock, how can you be having an Olympic rush?[/snarky]

[snarky]If you don't have any Olympic jerseys in stock, how can you be having an Olympic rush?[/snarky]

[snarkier] I never said we don't have any Olympic Jerseys in stock! We have pretty much full inventory in Canada (which is by far our number 1 seller), and other teams range from moderate to no inventory available. In addition, we have lots of Olympic apparel available for pretty much all the teams. Finally, we are always customizing and shipping orders from the past few weeks, and we have had a deluge of Olympic orders over that period [/snarkier]