NHL Team Customizers

I found a ton on eBay that were legit and reasonably priced. Just debating if I want to get one or not...I think I will end up passing because putting the patch on the jersey is pretty much celebrating one of the worst sports experiences in my life lol

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Winnipeg Jets use All Canadian Emblem down the street from the arena. They do the Blue Bombers too (if anyone cares)

• 4 weeks later...

Pretty sure that both Anaheim and San Jose aren't using Monkey.

Anaheim used AIS from 1994-2004 or so. From there, they went to Cutting Edge Sports, then to Monkey, and as of a season or so ago, have since moved on.

San Jose, I'm pretty sure, is using Action Spot in Buffalo and has for years.

Another interesting observation is that the newer-tagged (non-Monkey) jerseys are layered, not kiss-cut like the Monkey ones were. So it appears that the Ducks used both layered and kiss-cut lettering last season, depending on whether a player used a recycled set from the previous season.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my jersey back from Pro Knitwear and I am very happy. Anybody looking to do Edge-era Penguins jerseys should definitely give them a go.

How well did the penguins jersey strip?

I've stripped every type of Pens edge jersey (white, black, and both WC jerseys) and they were all a pain in the arse. Acetone only did so much, followed by a dry cleaning, but they are usable. Cutting edge has had my two WC jerseys for months now and haven't done squat to them. I originally wanted to put Staal on my black one, but after stripping it, it left some residue, so I may have to get Letang to help cover the old numbers. The white one is my 2009 Malkin jersey, which has just a little bit of the previous number noticeable on the back.

Mine was a nameplate swap. The nameplate had no glue on it whatsoever. But that may be normal, this is my first Edge strip.

• 1 month later...

Just spoke to Joe at Arena Wear- some interesting info-

I will be sending them my 2.0 size 46 road NYR jersey to be done up as a Cally and he said that the team has been supplying them with nameplates provided by Reebok and that he cannot get them but that he uses nameplates just like the team used to use prior to this. He also said that the standard sized numbers used on the gamers may be a bit too big for this smaller sized shirt based on the seams and shoulder yolk and he would modify them if necessary so they would fit appropriately and not look wonky. It makes sense as there is less real estate to work with on these. (This works for me- better to have it look right than be disproportional.)

He also said that they do the numbers in the hem for the 3rds.....I may be able to get my hands on one in the next few weeks and I was wondering if anyone here had info regarding this. I'm thinking it should be fine but I hate incorrect customization surprises. Hate 'em.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone work with Ruberti's in WC, PA? They worked with the flyers for the time period that my jersey is from and wanted to know how the service is and ballpark pricing for a player's name/numbers

Ruberti did my 96-97 Nike Hextall authentic. Very nice. It cost me 75.00 I will be sending in my 91-92 CCM Authentic to them. He said he would put the 75 Anv patch and the ASG patches on at that price.

Anybody know who currently does the Anaheim Ducks jerseys?

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone have any experience with Heritage Embroidery and Design? Wondering if they can properly customize a Wild 3rd with an Edge nameplate and what their approximate turnaround is.

Anybody know who currently does the Anaheim Ducks jerseys?

That's the big mystery at present. Monkey Sports no longer does their shirts, and from what I've read from another member, they don't even do customer orders for Ducks jerseys anymore.

What we do know is that the current supplier uses the same font set as Monkey, but instead layers the twill for the letters instead of kiss-cutting it. In addition, the supplier sews-in an anonymous set tag for the Ducks, on which Beckett Media affixes their hologram sticker of authenticity.

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/OTYyWDE0NDA=/z/ww0AAOxyAs9SPKql/$T2eC16JHJHkFFlzdSDRoBSPKqkrLHg~~60_57.JPG

triple threat still doing the Hawks jerseys?

helping a buddy on his new BH's jersey. he tried calling them and the number is disconnected

EPS as a back up?

heard back from him and i guess TT moved and has a new #. he got a hold of them

what's the usual turn around time for EPS?

TT right now has a 4-6 week turn around

heard back from him and i guess TT moved and has a new #. he got a hold of them

what's the usual turn around time for EPS?

TT right now has a 4-6 week turn around

I don't think there is a "normal" necessarily. Anything from a few weeks for easier stuff for them to do during a non-busy time (e.g., current Caps/Devils) to 3-4 months on the long end for more complicated jerseys or during busy season is normal. You can shoot them an e-mail and ask.

• 2 weeks later...

Would EPS be a good place to get a Roy Habs Ultrafil done? I'm sending a jersey foul Hossa 3rd jersey to get stripped and redone but was curious about whether anyone's had experience with getting an early 90's CCM ultrafil done

• 2 weeks later...

Angelo just an FYI Citysports lettering and not TT are the official Hawks jerseys customizers according to the store

• TMLFAN unpinned and locked this topic