NHL Team Customizers

iceman91, there was a member on here who worked with the Senators team shop to get his shirt done to spec. I forget who it was though.

Prowl, since City Sports is already in the listing for Chicago, I'll just switch around the dates. I haven't seen any big difference between TTS and CSL lettering jobs, but there is no knowledge that is not power.

ngbbs3f5b92051b9f4.jpg

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who could? Many places could, seemingly (even non-lettering-house entities like Keener of this forum). Who did? Good question. Maybe Cutting Edge did it since they took on the Avalanche account during the first season. But that's a wild guess. It might also be some lettering house in Quebec, possibly the place that does the Canadiens shirts. Again, a wild guess.

Edited by AngeloS76

I've read quite a few posts on these forums suggesting the best way to ensure a properly customized jersey is to buy it blank and get it sent to a team customizer. I'm just curious - how many of you actually send your jerseys to the "official" team customizer if you don't live in that city? I assume all the official team customizers would have the equipment and skills to customize other teams' jerseys but lack of the proper materials and/or knowledge of exactly what their jerseys should look like might be a problem.

I've read quite a few posts on these forums suggesting the best way to ensure a properly customized jersey is to buy it blank and get it sent to a team customizer. I'm just curious - how many of you actually send your jerseys to the "official" team customizer if you don't live in that city? I assume all the official team customizers would have the equipment and skills to customize other teams' jerseys but lack of the proper materials and/or knowledge of exactly what their jerseys should look like might be a problem.

Read the previous 19 pages of this thread alone and you will understand why we do.

I assume all the official team customizers would have the equipment and skills to customize other teams' jerseys but lack of the proper materials and/or knowledge of exactly what their jerseys should look like might be a problem.

Knowledge is the key here.

I'm thinking about getting a Kings blank to customize as a Doughty but I live in Canada and I'm not sure how much trouble it would be to send it across the border. I figure if I send it to Great Plains Cresting here in Calgary with reference photos for them to use, they should be able to get it right. At the very least I'd be able to bring it back easily to fix if they get it wrong.

I'm thinking about getting a Kings blank to customize as a Doughty but I live in Canada and I'm not sure how much trouble it would be to send it across the border. I figure if I send it to Great Plains Cresting here in Calgary with reference photos for them to use, they should be able to get it right. At the very least I'd be able to bring it back easily to fix if they get it wrong.

If that's the risk you're willing to take...

They won't get it right. No one can. If you don't want to send your jersey across the border you can order a kit from the team customizer and have it stitched on in Calgary.

They won't get it right. No one can. If you don't want to send your jersey across the border you can order a kit from the team customizer and have it stitched on in Calgary.

That's not a bad idea. I might just try that - thanks.

where did the link for all the team's customerizers go? i can't find it and don't recall the page it was on.

perhaps that needs to be moved and stickied to page 1 for quick reference

The link is always in AngeloS76's sig. (That's how I remember.)

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=2303&page=13entry108840

The link is always in AngeloS76's sig. (That's how I remember.)

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=2303&page=13entry108840

tyvm...btw i sent you a PM

Does anyone have any Bobcat Athletic contact information? Their website is down.

I just used their website contact forum the other day and this is the email address that responded to me - Bob Halfacre <bobh@bobcatathletic.com>

How does one go about getting an order done with Blake's Sports Lettering (assuming they are still the correct customizer for the Dallas Stars)?

I just got a Stars current 2.0 and want to make sure it is done PERFECTLY.

A short Google search produced this tidbit

http://fans.stars.nhl.com/community/topic/18066-is-blakes-sports-lettering-still-in-business/

From that discussion

Protip: They NEVER answer their phone.
They're literally that busy. If you don't believe me, stop by the place and see the mountains of jerseys in boxes packed all around inside their small shop.

They're open, they just can't hear their phone ringing over the sound of all those sewing machines.

Perhaps if you're perseverant in calling, you'll get someone on the line. But, it sounds a lot like the other lettering suppliers for the NHL - they're busy.

Yea, I had seen that too... can't find an e-mail address. I left a message, but I think I'll have to keep calling back.

Hi all, two questions:

1.) Does anyone happen to know who did the lettering for the various Penguins St. Paddy's jerseys, in particular the ones from 2013? it's pretty straight forward, but the name plate is unqiue I feel

( http://3.cdn.nhle.com/penguins/images/upload/gallery/2013/03/163884624_slide.jpg )

2. I'm due to receive my first 2.0s (yay!). Pro Knitwear does the lettering for the Pens currently. How do I go about customizing it? Do I just send them my jerseys and tell them what I want and they do it correctly? How specific do I have to be? I see people in this thread talking about having to get a kit and sending that?

i've finally figured out (for the most part) 2.0s vs 1.0s, but now all this customization jazz has me confused. haha

thanks for all the help recently, much appreciated!

UPDATE: I got through to Blake's Sports Lettering (just kept calling).

I shipped them my jersey, and they said it should only take a day or two (and will be done to on-ice specs), and it was only $45.

Good stuff!

I'm due to receive my first 2.0s (yay!). Pro Knitwear does the lettering for the Pens currently. How do I go about customizing it? Do I just send them my jerseys and tell them what I want and they do it correctly? How specific do I have to be? I see people in this thread talking about having to get a kit and sending that?

i've finally figured out (for the most part) 2.0s vs 1.0s, but now all this customization jazz has me confused. haha

thanks for all the help recently, much appreciated!

any help in regard to this question?

Pro Knitwear would have done the jerseys.

i wrote them an email about it, but they haven't gotten back. guess i'll have to call them!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know what the turn around is at Bobcat Athletic? I don't want to hound them, but am curious - Thanks.

Also thanks for all the help in this forum topic to find who does what teams!

Lettering house turnaround time is directly related to how busy they are with higher-priority orders. Remember, teams come first. Always.

If the playoff set hasn't been done yet for the Kings and any other teams that Bobcat supplies, then you could be waiting over a month, or even longer.

• TMLFAN unpinned and locked this topic