NHL Team Customizers

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have any experience with Blake's Sport's Lettering? I'm looking to send them my Stars jersey to be turned into a Seguin. Just can't find much info on them.

I can be of help once again! Haha.

I sent them a Stars jersey to have done up as a Benn, and was EXTREMELY satisfied with the results.

IMG_5816_zpsb2a81d38.jpg

IMG_5815_zps3d384886.jpg

A couple notes:

- The price, at least a year ago, was $45 plus shipping (which is an amazing price). They don't take credit cards though, so you have to use a check or money order.

- They don't really have a website or e-mail address, you just have to keep calling until you get someone on the phone. Their number is (972) 278-1183.

- They didn't send me a tracking number once it shipped back to me, so they're not necessarily the best with communication

I actually just sent them another shipment to have done up, so hopefully I can post those results soon too.

Edited by dsl135

Thanks for the help! Jersey looks great! A little scary about the tracking info though.. So do you just send them a sheet with what you want done with a check for the price they quote you?

Yea, that's what I did.

I called and arranged the order with them on the phone then put a sheet detailing the order in with my jersey and shipped it along with a check.

I definitely didn't love not knowing the tracking number for it, though. I agree there.

So I ordered a lettering kit at Bob's. Do I have to mention him that it should fit for a smaller sized jersey? Size 48 in my case.

Unless you're going with a super long name, it's not necessary to scale down the kit; the on-ice sized lettering will fit on your jersey. If you recall what I mentioned to you earlier though, the player name letters will almost certainly come back smaller than the on-ice sized ones, regardless of what you ask for.

Can I ask which player you're getting?

Thanks, D.

Yes of course you can: I was first thinking of Kopitar, which is a great option, but I eventually wanted to use my own roster number, #28, for my collection as a 'focus'. So I went for Lauri Tukonen, which I stumbled upon on Meigray. Tverdovsky is another option but a very long name to put on. :-)

Tukonen played only four games in april 2007, but what the H.; Not a lot options for #28; Stoll only wore Edge, I believe.

Tukonen will fit easily. You probably have a bit less than 22" of space between the shoulders, so Tverdovsky will very likely extend a bit onto the arm panel.

I put a picture of a Tukonen jersey with my order, so that he would have some reference. Anxious to see how big the letters will be, they were big those years.

I'd like to see what he does too. I've asked him various times for the on-ice size large letters, but he just doesn't give them to me.

I'd like to see what he does too. I've asked him various times for the on-ice size large letters, but he just doesn't give them to me.

Which sets have you had this issue on?

The letters on my two purple Kings throwbacks looked like a match with what the team wore.

1998-2007 jerseys- basically post-Chevy logo Starters and all 6100's after that. No problems on anything from the Edge period.

Edited by LAK74

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know what type of material Action Spot Sports will use in my Sharks jersey? I sent them a request about getting an 08 Sharks jersey done up and they told me that they are they do their in ice jerseys and will use the same material on mine.. I just want to make sure it is correct and indeed the edge material.

Does anyone know what type of material Action Spot Sports will use in my Sharks jersey? I sent them a request about getting an 08 Sharks jersey done up and they told me that they are they do their in ice jerseys and will use the same material on mine.. I just want to make sure it is correct and indeed the edge material.

They gave me edge material with my kit.

16386687817_38528051ef.jpg

Weird. I definitely had to provide it with mine. When I requested it, they said that the Sharks send the nameplate material in with their jerseys and that they don't have any extra. Definitely kind of odd, but I'm not overly shocked.

Just talked to them and they told me they do indeed have edge material but will use airknit on retail jersey cause it is cheaper. I was told to specify on the sheet when you send in the jersey and they will use Edge for an additional $5.

Would have preferred an air-knit plate to be honest which is why I didn't specify I wanted an edge plate. The sharks were using air-knit for the last few years of the last style jersey and an air-knit plate would have been more accurate to use on my Thornton jersey.

I hate the way air-knit plates look on edge jerseys so when they sent an edge plate I used it even though it's not what was used on the game jerseys.

• TMLFAN unpinned and locked this topic