NHL Team Customizers

Would have preferred an air-knit plate to be honest which is why I didn't specify I wanted an edge plate. The sharks were using air-knit for the last few years of the last style jersey and an air-knit plate would have been more accurate to use on my Thornton jersey.

I hate the way air-knit plates look on edge jerseys so when they sent an edge plate I used it even though it's not what was used on the game jerseys.

I did not know that they used airknit on the 2.0 Edge jerseys. Why would they do that? So in a 2.0 with the vector logo from 08 would have had an airknit nameplate? I too hate the ways that looks.

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not know that they used airknit on the 2.0 Edge jerseys. Why would they do that?

2 most likely reasons: 1) Airknit is cheaper. 2) Nobody on the team really cares about which one looks better.

I may not be 100% correct but from what I discovered looking at gamers from every season. The first few seasons were edge nameplates then they switched to air-knit and have gone back to edge for the new jerseys. So if your doing an 07-08 then get an edge plate.

It's Edge on the Cheechoo, but TMLFAN did say that the plates were airknit during the last few years of that jersey design, so the earlier gamers could have been exclusively Edge. It remains to be seen when they switched over to airknit.

Edit: NVM, I'm not fast enough for TMLFAN...

Edited by LAK74

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Here are the pics. The back letters are 3 inches, and the "A" on the front is 3.5 inches. Just looks very small. Would make sense if they were doing the about same size letters back then but from some of the gameworn pics I've seen they look quite a bit larger.

I'm try to find a way to post the one or two Im talking about but here is mine for now.

http://imageshack.com/a/img911/7713/5br639.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img908/1646/iGFfKR.jpg

Here's one of Roenick . I'm not sure tell me what you think.

http://1.cdn.nhle.com/coyotes/images/upload/2010/07/roenick_306.jpg

Edited by Hawks2797

Might be the size of the letter relative to the size of the jersey. It looks pretty close, accounting for the difference in angle. Roenick wore a 52-R, so the letter is a lot closer to the crest than on yours. If your jersey is a 54 or 56-R, that might explain why it looks smaller in comparison.

From looking at pics of game-worn versions on GW Auctions, it looks like the captain's letter is about the same size as the arm numbers. If yours matches with the height of the arm numbers, you should be fine. But, that's just a rough guess. Further research should clear it up on your end.

Edited by AngeloS76

Thanks for the input Angelo.. That's another reason I think it's off since the letters on the nameplate are 3" and the A on the front is 3.5 then the arm numbers are 4".

Edited by Hawks2797

• 3 weeks later...

AIS/Sportsrobe did them. Bobcat, the current customizer, doesn't have the exact fonts on computer but can try to recreate them. (They can't guarantee 100% accuracy.)

I would recommend Keener Jerseys in Winnipeg. He does a pretty amazing job with the Kings' early Chevy logo jersey fonts; I've had quite a few done by him- just got one back yesterday, as a matter of fact.

Btw, I could probably help you more if I knew which player/number you wanted. There were 2 different fonts used on those jerseys that season.

The Kings used a CCM font that year, as in the pic below:

image_zps1nzzwvze.jpg

You also can choose a Stahl's font, shown in the next picture. The gap, notch and hole in the G are very different in the two. The hole in the Stahl's R is bigger. The center post in the Stahl's E is shorter. All four corners of the Stahl's Z are diagonally cut, whereas only the top right and bottom left corners of the CCM are that way.

image_zpsycaaaiq5.jpg

Both fonts were used in each season from 1988-91.

The alternate captain A was attached with a velcro pad/strip in 1988/89; I don't know if you want to go to that much trouble to reproduce it that way- I didn't bother on mine.

Keener can nail both CCM and Stahl's fonts on those jerseys. He can also add velcro, or put a "99" patch on the hem, or any other oddities that Gretzky liked to put on the inside of his jerseys.

Anyone know who did the lettering for the Blues in 06-07? Thanks

Steve

I spoke with a nice lady at Liebe today, I have a 2001 home jersey that someone put their own name and wrong number on, anyway I asked if they did period correct numbers and letters. She stated that they have done the St. Louis Blues uniforms for decades. I somewhat hangout at the True Blues Team Store and have seen the Liebe stamp on all of the game worn jerseys that they have for sale. BTW they have a crap load of jerseys left over from the playoffs with names and numbers on them. I'm thinking about picking up a Bortuzzo issued jersey ($300.00).

If you want accurate customization for the 2001 season, Custom Crafted was the team letterer at the time, not Liebe. Liebe did not do the Blues jerseys until after the 2004-05 lockout.

If you want accurate customization for the 2001 season, Custom Crafted was the team letterer at the time, not Liebe. Liebe did not do the Blues jerseys until after the 2004-05 lockout.

Interesting, I guess she was either not totally truthful or didn't understand what I was asking.

Basically Liebe has done all the Reebok brand jerseys for the Blues (2005 to present). Previous to that (CCM, Koho, Starter) Custom Crafted did them at least as far back as the 80's, although I don't know exactly when they started.

If you have a white CCM 6100 you want lettered and you're not picky, Liebe could probably do a pretty good job on it, but if they use their current font, be aware there are some differences between the Liebe and Custom Crafted fonts. Letters like E, F, M, W, etc. look noticeably different in the two fonts. The numbers look pretty similar except for a few subtle differences in the diagonal cuts of some numbers. The "7" is quite different, however- the Custom Crafted 7 has a bottom serif that is centered along the midline of the number, whereas in the Liebe 7 the diagonal part swings much further to the left so that the leftmost part of the bottom serif is flush with the serif at the top of the 7. Perhaps you saw my post on this in another Blues jersey thread.

I picked up a La Kings black and purple 2005 Reebok jersey today and was hoping the Kings experts could help me out with what I need to specify when I send to Bobcat. Were the numbers, kiss cut that year? Any info would be helpful! Thanks

All 6100's were layered.

• TMLFAN unpinned and locked this topic