NHL Team Customizers

I just realized I never stumbled into this thread again after posting the statement about the EPS kits.

Here's my honest reasoning. I have sent kits up to EPS before, and it took months to get back. I know it can be the same with other customizers too; it's been said plenty of times that we're small change to them, especially when they have whole pro team kits to make by very specific deadlines. I completely understand why I'd be put on the back burner. COMPLETELY. I also can say that I gave them an old jersey that wasn't in the style sheet files, so they had to recreate it, which takes time.

BUT, at the same time, I don't want my jersey gone for months out of my closet. It makes me edgy - especially if it's a rare or extraordinarily expensive one. Are they trustworthy? Of course! But all the same, I don't want it out of my sight for that long, and if I can get a kit, I'd prefer that option every day of the week. If I can't I'll deal, but I'd rather have the kit.

Also, if there is a mistake in the kit, which obviously based on those "2"s on the last page does happen, you can nip it in the bud BEFORE it's sewn on. I know they do a bang up job at stripping, but if you can avoid it, why wouldn't you?

What I dislike is the whole "My name is on it" argument they seem to throw around a lot. I'm sorry, but I don't see the letters "EPS" anywhere on the jerseys I've had done by them. Outside of us nuts, who would even know the difference?

I'm sure it's a pride thing, and that's completely fine to have pride in your work! But don't belittle others in the process. You can say I'm great without saying you suck, you know.

Anyway, I don't see anything on their site indicating they've decided not to sell kits anymore, I have a feeling I may have just gotten on his bad side when he said that, and that was quite a while ago now. Got a feeling it was a slap on the wrist sort of thing for something I said (which I won't get into..gotta CYA, if you know what I mean).

BTW, the kits I did get from EPS were beautiful and spot on just as I expected and just as they always have been for me, just saying.

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant seem to post a word table. I made up a table of ALL the NHL teams and with past and current companies that do the custom work and the contact info. I'll see if I can get it to post later.

Most if not all the info came from this site, but I did find some from other sites and emailing some people for either verification or to find out who was used.

Edited by LessThanZero

Thanks for your efforts!

Might I suggest using Google Sheets?

You can transfer your table/spreadsheet into a google spreadsheet and then just share it to everyone using a link, I think

That's probably the easiest/most efficient way I can think of

The originals were done by Custom Crafted. You could probably get it done cheaper elsewhere, but you may have to provide a lot of pictures if you want it to be really accurate. There's a good amount of variance in the early Sharks fonts.

Edited by LAK74

No way. I just got a shipping notice today for my last order, which took 3 1/2 months. The previous order took 4 months. With the NHL season right around the corner, they're going to get even busier.

No, expect longer. I have devils stuff that got there on July 24th and they aren't done yet.

Edited by JoeM7392

Sportsk doesn't do their own customizing, they use a Triple Threat Sports. They do a decent job, they mucked up my last order but I discovered EPS right after that and now I give them everything.

My last jersey came back in 4 weeks which was a shock. But I also have an order going on 8 weeks that hasn't been finished.

Luckily, at this point, I have a sufficient number of jerseys that I can wait as long as they need me to.

I'm really thinking about EPS for a Sharks vintage. I'm concerned about the delay. They say current wait time is three to four weeks. Does that sound right?

I sent them a Blues jersey, and it was right at 3 weeks I went back an looked at my emails, it was right at 2 months. But it's nice..........

On a separate note, I called Liebe Lettering (Blues official customizer) and they use a "roll of twill that is fully adhesive", she tried to explain to me that if they didn't do that, the numbers would eventually pucker up from player use. I almost pulled the trigger on a team issued jersey until I noticed the numbers feel like they are heat pressed on, thus the conversation I had with the nice lady who answered the phone. She says they buy it in rolls that come to them pre-adhesive and they cut what is needed and press them on then sew them on. On a side side note, it appears they do some football jerseys as well because she said they double press those on. Looks like EPS keeps my business.

Edited by LessThanZero

No, expect longer. I have devils stuff that got there on July 24th and they aren't done yet.

HOLY CRAP!!!!! I'd be on the phone with them, it's not like they have any pending orders from the NHL at this point other than new players.

HOLY CRAP!!!!! I'd be on the phone with them, it's not like they have any pending orders from the NHL at this point other than new players.

Eh, they've been really good to me so I'm not gonna hassle them over a few weeks. They do it right, so I don't mind.

Like mfitz said, I have 35 other jerseys hanging in my closet, I can wait for those 3.

That's not long for them. Unless it's s current version of a team they actually do the on ice jerseys for, they are always about 8-10 weeks.

And you have the actual NHL jerseys being done during that time period as well so I'm not surprised.

And as Joe said, can't get upset with them, especially since they are my team's official customizer and that's 90 percent of the jerseys I get done.

It's not only NHL that EPS does. They do AHL, ECHL, NFL, and much more. They are one of the bigger decoration houses in the U.S.

Decorating jerseys takes far more time than you might think.

Edited by JunkyardAthletic

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure where this fits so I'll ask here. From what I gather, cutting edge was the customizer for the early blue jackets jerseys. I have a batch going out to EPS soon, so I was wondering if anyone has ever had EPS attempt one of those early CBJ jerseys.

It would be a little easier to just group it in and save on shipping, and I'm not going to be super nit-picky about it like I am with devils stuff. If anybody has an idea let me know!

Can somebody tell me if the Predators already had reverse kiss cut with blue glacier twill on their 2001-2002 Koho mustard alternates?

Thanks guys!!!

Edited by Pens4ever

Yes, kiss-cut with glacier twill. See photos and info on lettering dimensions on Brandon's website:

http://predatorsarchives.com/gameworn/2001-02.html#customization

I don't actually know who is the official letterer for the Habs. The home jerseys actually have stacked back numbers although the sleeve numbers are reverse kiss-cut, while the road jerseys are completely semi kiss-cut.

It shouldn't be difficult for a customizer with a laser cutter to make a kit kiss-cut if you want it that way. Exclusive Pro Sports for example, actually asks you to specify which style you want, and they will do it that way for you. The only difference in the process of cutting the kits (in stacked vs. kiss-cut) involves stacking the twill layers in different order, and then peeling off different pieces of cut twill after the laser finishes making the cuts.

Edited by LAK74

There is a post over on reddit questioning how accurate the listed customizing information for Chicago is. It looks like the customizers list from IJ is just copied and pasted over there.

The list is in this post - http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=2303&p=108840

He thinks TTS was never an official customizer for the Hawks as CSL has the following in their about us section on their website

I'm sure that the information that we have listed here on the IJ fourm is correct but does anyone have any info I could pass onto this guy to show him TTS was an official customizer?

Unfortunately, it's difficult to confirm or deny without hard evidence like a "lettered by" tag inside the shirt. Much of the information that I managed to put together in that list is from user input on these forums. A lot of the time, the information is obtained by asking people associated with the uniforms and their sale as memorabilia (team shop employees, equipment managers, game-worn dealers like MGG, or even the suppliers themselves), which can turn into a he-said she-said game. As for the question about Chicago's suppliers, there is one member on here, who's handle escapes me (The user is Tazer19), who is a big time Chicago collector, and he's a big proponent of TTS, so maybe he can give us some input.

As the reddit user in question, I feel like I should add some detail.

I work at the flasgship team store, not located at the stadium, but downtown (something I think might be unique to Chicago?) I'm a fairly new employee, especially in comparison with some guys that've been there 10-15 years, but in my conversations with them, none of them ever remembers TTS being the on-ice customizer for the team.

We work primarily with CSL, but for their peak times we fall back to customizing Premiers with TTS as well, so it's not like I have a dog in the fight (other than personally liking CSL's Materials/Stitching more) but given that no one in the retail operations, nor the equipment guys I've talked to seems to remember ever using TTS, I'd be curious to see what kind of information he'd have about the subject.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey friends does the Baron offer customization and if so, is it accurate? I'm thinking about Leafs...

Baron does do it, or I should say he offers it. He has them done somewhere in Toronto I think, somebody will chime in with the name I'm sure.

Had him do a devils SS for me as a gift, I didn't have time to wait for EPS and he put a rush on it for me. Font is perfect, but the bottom layer of twill is juuuuuust a hair too thick, meaning the bottom green layer shows more than it should on the edges of the white. Barely noticeable and I'm very happy with the result.

Edit: hmm, didn't see you wanted a leafs. Wonder if he uses the leafs cutomizer. Which IIRC is SLC right?

Edited by JoeM7392

• TMLFAN unpinned and locked this topic