USA Hockey 1960 throwback jersey

akteon

Although this didn't stop me from just ordering one of these with #24 Callahan, it looks like the replica style produced by Nike doesn't have the same patch as the ones worn on the ice during the game.

Here's a zoomed shot from IceJerseys:

29zsy9j.jpg

And here's a couple shots from the game:

Ice+Hockey+Day+10+_HDQWMTTDmml.jpg

Ice+Hockey+Day+10+fGhGWVYpCQ_l.jpg

It's hard to tell, but the ones in the game had USA down in the stripes and had "AHAUS" which Brilliant! figured out and refers to the Amateur Hockey Association of the United States.

Sucks that the replicas aren't the same as the gamers. I'm still hoping they release an authentic version (with the correct patch).

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbsup:

i LOVE this style soooooooooo much better than the other two styles they're wearing (i haven't like the swifty's from day one)

IF and when they make a pro version i'll be in line to pick one up and put #12 MALONE on it.

:rolleyes:

I also love how USHockey is going to stay in business because the entire Rangerland forum bought this jersey tonight! (I'm including myself even though I bought it 3 days ago but shipping is going to take forever anyway)

I think the jerseys IceJerseys is selling are closer to the ones worn in the 2008 World Championships. The patch isn't all that's different--the blue shoulder area is angled downward from the neck instead of straight across.

That may be true, because it seemed like IJ had them on their site well before the other 2010 jerseys. However, ShopUSAHockey.com and everywhere else I could find (most are sold out so its hard to find pics now) used the same picture showing the patch like IJ does. Which as someone else pointed out is the one worn on the blue 1932 throwback used a while back.

Maybe devilsfan is right and all of the stock images are from the 2008 WC version and the 2010 Olympic version will have the right patch.

Even the font on the front "USA" is a little different, particularly the "S". I'm having a tough time not buying one though. If they come out with an authentic, I'm picking one up in a second.

That may be true, because it seemed like IJ had them on their site well before the other 2010 jerseys. However, ShopUSAHockey.com and everywhere else I could find (most are sold out so its hard to find pics now) used the same picture showing the patch like IJ does. Which as someone else pointed out is the one worn on the blue 1932 throwback used a while back.

Maybe devilsfan is right and all of the stock images are from the 2008 WC version and the 2010 Olympic version will have the right patch.

The one at shopusahockey.com that is advertised as the 2010 USA third jersey looks like it is a Swift cut with the USA on the Patch instead of AHAUS. I researched this two weeks ago and footballfanatics.com at the time was selling the 2010 1960 and the 2008 1960 replica's on their site. The only difference I could make out was that in the pictures the blue looked closer to navy on the 2010 so I ordered the 2008 version. Also notice that the jerseys the team wore last night were not a Nike Swift cut but both replica's Nike has produced are (notice the sleeve striping and how it does not go completely around like the authentic). Also the location of the swoosh on the front of jersey. The authentic has a blue swoosh the replica has a white swoosh on the blue shoulders.

4378722151_8d90660127_o_d.png

http://www.shopusahockey.com/store/p/3488-USA-Hockey-1960-Replica-Jersey.html

It also looks like the authentics worn in the 2008 WC also had the AHAUS patch but the swoosh was placed in the back and it had 1960 and IIHF 100 patches as the hemline.

http://www.iihf.com/channels/iihf-world-championship/pictures/page/0/game/USA%20-%20LAT.html

I broke down and got a Callahan replica from usahockey.com. I don't care what it looks like since I'm sure the gamers will never be available to the public. I'm just hoping I won't have to redo a lousy custom job.

I broke down and got a Callahan replica from usahockey.com. I don't care what it looks like since I'm sure the gamers will never be available to the public. I'm just hoping I won't have to redo a lousy custom job.

Yeh I'm with you - I almost just ordered a blank. I'm hoping the worst I might have to deal with is a twill nameplate.

With them selling out and it looking less and less likely they'll come out with an authentic, I pulled the trigger.

I was going to order the blank but all they had were smalls. There's no way I'd be able to squeeze my beer gut into that thing so I just bit the bullet. If I have to take the name off, so be it.

where are you guys seeing it still available in adult sizes on usahockey.com?

i just ordered a blank from nike, though i seem to be the only person who likes these?!?!

http://image01.demandmade.com/IMGSRV/sc/300x325/s/product_media/44939.jpg

figure i'll send it off to icejerseys to customize with Backes....

where are you guys seeing it still available in adult sizes on usahockey.com?

It was right after the game last night - they sold out quickly, within a matter of minutes.

It was right after the game last night - they sold out quickly, within a matter of minutes.

ahhh, thanks!

I just ran down to the shop at the Xcel center and they have this jersey but it's the navy blue not the royal

like last nights game and has the IIHF patch at back hem, like the pics above.

That sounds like the pro Swift version. I'm surprised they carry those actually. They're also about $380.

I just ran down to the shop at the Xcel center and they have this jersey but it's the navy blue not the royal

That sounds like the pro Swift version. I'm surprised they carry those actually. They're also about $380.

they were only $120, alpha sizing and no fight strap.

they also had a N.Backstrom and Koivu Finland replicas with the correct N&N font, but they were heat sealed on, yet

had real stitching. They went for $190.

So where do I go or how do I know I'm getting the royal non-swift version like last nights game?

So the jersey you saw was a 1960 Third jersey but the blue was Navy and it had an IIHF patch on the back? That sounds like it could be the replica third jersey for the 2010 olympics? I know all the recent swift replica's now have an IIHF patch on the back hem now (my Green Canada and 2010 Red Russia have them). I ask because I know the 2008 1960 replica is a royal blue. I remember seeing one on JeffB's blog.

http://thirdstringgoalie.blogspot.com/2010/02/2008-united-states-national-team.html

So the jersey you saw was a 1960 Third jersey but the blue was Navy and it had an IIHF patch on the back? That sounds like it could be the replica third jersey for the 2010 olympics? I know all the recent swift replica's now have an IIHF patch on the back hem now (my Green Canada and 2010 Red Russia have them). I ask because I know the 2008 1960 replica is a royal blue. I remember seeing one on JeffB's blog.

http://thirdstringgoalie.blogspot.com/2010/02/2008-united-states-national-team.html

I reread your post a couple above and saw you pointed out the color difference from the '08 and '10 jerseys.

Why did Nike make the 2010 replica navy and not royal? duh. So I guess IJ used the 2008 pic for their site and USA Hockey is using the 2010 pic. Seems to me if you want closer to what they wore last night, get the 2008 version.

I reread your post a couple above and saw you pointed out the color difference from the '08 and '10 jerseys.

Why did Nike make the 2010 replica navy and not royal? duh. So I guess IJ used the 2008 pic for their site and USA Hockey is using the 2010 pic. Seems to me if you want closer to what they wore last night, get the 2008 version.

I was hoping the pictures of the 2010 USA thirds were just off color. I didn't take my chances with the photo's I was seeing on online sites selling the replica so I purchased the 2008 version because I wanted a jersey closer to the one they wore in the 2008 WC.

I wasn't thrilled at having to settle for a replica in the first place. Then I found out about the patches being wrong. Now the blue is navy and not royal.

I'm quickly starting to dislike Nike as much as Reebok.

I wasn't thrilled at having to settle for a replica in the first place. Then I found out about the patches being wrong. Now the blue is navy and not royal.

I'm quickly starting to dislike Nike as much as Reebok.

Right now isn't most of this just speculation? Seeing as we won't get the jerseys for another 2-3 weeks (yeah THAT'S what pisses me off the most) we won't know exactly seeing as no one has bought one and posted pictures of it. I'd hold off on the hatred until we get a chance to see the crap we may or may not be getting. Overall I will be happy with this jersey because of the game alone and the possible medal implications it gives us.

You got a URL for that Pitt?

for some reason i'm having a hard time with this, but add http:// and here you go...

store.nike.com/index.jsp?sitesrc=usns_share_embed&sitesrc=uslp&country=US&lang_locale=en_US#l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-1/pid-278050

Right now isn't most of this just speculation?

I'm basing it on hannuvirta's first hand account of seeing one in a store - it was navy and had the patch without AHAUS.