USA Hockey 1960 throwback jersey

akteon

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of curiosity, how can you tell? I would like to know what to look for in the future. Hopefully, this one still looks like a nice jersey upon receipt.

The only replicas Nike released for this jersey is in a swift cut. That ebay jersey isn't a swift.

Seller lists the jersey as size 50, the size tag on the jersey says M.

As an aside the actual jerseys used in the game had the nameplate in white with blue letters below the shoulder yoke.

You want a 1960 Throwback here's your chance...

I, as I'm sure many of you did, just got an email from Meigray and all three versions of the gamers will be available on auction soon. Here's the link: http://auction.nhl.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/User?id=meiNHL&wl=12717464&type=L

Keep checking back for the rest of the jerseys I guess.

You want a 1960 Throwback here's your chance...

I, as I'm sure many of you did, just got an email from Meigray and all three versions of the gamers will be available on auction soon. Here's the link: http://auction.nhl.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/User?id=meiNHL&wl=12717464&type=L

Keep checking back for the rest of the jerseys I guess.

Good thing I didn't win that Matt Bradley Caps 35th Anny jersey for $3k! :lol:

I didn't get an e-mail from MeiGray but according to the auction listings it looks like only the whites (only worn once vs Norway) and the 1960s throwbacks will be auctioned by MeiGray. Didn't mention the blue ones at all. If there really were only 3 sets, I could see the blues having gone to the players.

Here are the sets of U.S. Men’s Team jerseys available from USA Hockey-MeiGray from the 2010 Winter Olympics:

· 20 white jerseys worn and/or issued to the members of the silver-medal winning U.S. Men’s Olympic Team. The white jerseys worn by Chris Drury, Patrick Kane, and Zach Parise have been retained for the Colorado Springs, Colo., archives of USA Hockey.

· 20 1960 Retro jerseys worn and/or issued to the members of the silver-medal winning U.S. Men’s Olympic Team. The 1960 Retro jerseys worn by Jamie Langenbrunner, Ryan Miller, and Ryan Suter have been retained for the Colorado Springs, Colo., archives of USA Hockey.

I didn't get an e-mail from MeiGray but according to the auction listings it looks like only the whites (only worn once vs Norway) and the 1960s throwbacks will be auctioned by MeiGray. Didn't mention the blue ones at all. If there really were only 3 sets, I could see the blues having gone to the players.

I guess I got a little confused with the women's auction. I got too excited too! Thanks for the clarification Matt.

I guess I got a little confused with the women's auction. I got too excited too! Thanks for the clarification Matt.

No problem man - I was disappointed because I would have loved to go after a blue because I'm sure the 1960's will go out of my price range fast. Oddly the one white I probably would have really gone after is Drury, but that's out. I may take a stab at the Callahan but I don't doubt a certain Rangers fan on this board will out bid me.

I may take a stab at the Callahan but I don't doubt a certain Rangers fan on this board will out bid me.

That's referring to me isn't it!! :D

Honestly, after reading what I did over on GW.net, I think I'll pass on the Olympic ones and maybe make a move on some of the older ones.

I was thinking about the Callahan as well, but I'm currently bidding on something else I want more so I won't go after the Cally. Hopefully the thing I want doesn't go too high, though chances are it will be out of my price range very soon. By the way, it's not a jersey for those wondering.

Awesome, I would really love an authentic of the 1960's throwback but I fear these will all be way out of my price range.

Most of these jerseys are already out of my price range. The 1960 jerseys are just so great looking. I wish Nike would produce authentics for the USA jerseys for retail. I understand the demand for Canada authentics being great enough to sell them but I think the USA authentic jerseys would sell very well. Not to mention the new replica of the 1960 third is way off what they wore in the game.

So my 1960 jersey arrived today. It's exactly like the picture which means not exactly what's on the ice. Also, the swift material is ehh, and by ehh I mean it will fall apart if tugged a little bit. Shoulders are dark blue along with the arm and hem stripes. It does have the IIHF patch on the back, which is F(&^*** embroidered in so I don't think my amateurishness can get rid of it. Since I ordered it customized, it was actually customized by Exclusive Pro Sports, which was really a nice surprise. I'm pretty sure the back nameplate is swift material, but since this is my first swift jersey I am not completely sure. The pics I have now are on my cell phone so give me a few to get 'em posted.

XC - where was the name? was it way up high in the blue bar, or beneath it like they wore on the ice? that could be the determining factor on if mine is a keeper or not.

XC - where was the name? was it way up high in the blue bar, or beneath it like they wore on the ice? that could be the determining factor on if mine is a keeper or not.

Here are the pictures. It is below the blue bar.

Here is the front

Here is the back

It looks like this is a twill nameplate not swift material. I am going to send an email to EPS later today

This 4 looks a bit off, and someone help me see if I am right?

IIHF patch

Overall I am satisfied with the jersey, except the arm numbers and the nameplate, and the IIHF patch. Isn't exactly what they wore on the ice, but its a keeper.

EDIT: click the pictures to get a better look.

Here are the pictures. It is below the blue bar.

Overall I am satisfied with the jersey, except the arm numbers and the nameplate, and the IIHF patch. Isn't exactly what they wore on the ice, but its a keeper.

I was worried about the name because all the pictures of them customized on eBay and other sites showed white lettering up in the blue area which would have been unacceptable.

I'm supposed to get my Callahan tomorrow and based on what you've shown, I think it'll be a keeper. Sure it's not perfect, but it'll be a nice reminder of an amazing game.

EDIT: here's the best shot of the 4 on the sleeve I could find. It's not too far off.

Ice+Hockey+Day+10+7nwoWyvR-F0l.jpg

Edited by akteon

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing Matt. Some of the ones I've seen lately are just horrendous. Believe it or not, there were a bunch of Canada ones at the Garden last night with the Habs in town. But, that one looks really nice for a replica jersey. I got shipping confirmation today for the 19th so I'm looking forward to it!

I was just making sure there was or wasn't supposed to be a hole in the 4, but it looks like a no. I'm happy with the jersey for it being a replica too, its just VERY thin. Wish the blues were lighter, but what can you do?

Oh and tell me if you guys get twill nameplates too. I forgot to email EPS, but everyone's jerseys should be coming in soon.

So my 1960 jersey arrived today. It's exactly like the picture which means not exactly what's on the ice. Also, the swift material is ehh, and by ehh I mean it will fall apart if tugged a little bit. Shoulders are dark blue along with the arm and hem stripes. It does have the IIHF patch on the back, which is F(&^*** embroidered in so I don't think my amateurishness can get rid of it. Since I ordered it customized, it was actually customized by Exclusive Pro Sports, which was really a nice surprise. I'm pretty sure the back nameplate is swift material, but since this is my first swift jersey I am not completely sure. The pics I have now are on my cell phone so give me a few to get 'em posted.

My 2008 1960 USA Swift Replica arrived from River City Sports last Thursday. The blue color is the royal blue and there is no IIHF patch on the back hem. But the jersey cut is a little bit different that the one xcdude has posted. The blue bar at the shoulders goes down much lower on the back. There is not enough room to put a white nameplate and number. If I were to get a name it would have to go on the blue bar.

I only have one picture and the lighting is bad so the blue looks dark. I will post better ones this weekend along with pics of the back. I had contacted USA hockey to see who does their customization and it is Exclusive Pro. I emailed Exclusive Pro if they had white swift material and they said they did but your jersey says otherwise.

4440188644_bd908c0b4a_b_d.jpg