AHL Premier Replica Question

Hey all,

Just a quick question. Does anyone know if the shoulder patches on AHL Reebok Premier Replica Jerseys are embroidered? Or are they like the NHL jerseys where they are screen printed on twill then attached?

Thanks

They are screen printed and glued on, a different type of patch than the NHL versions which are sewn and a type of glossy paint. There is no jock tag, no vector on the left sleeve, they have the vector and AHL logo on the middle rear hem, use a slightly different material for the jersey than the NHL ones, and are made in Canada. This also applies to the CHL jerseys that Reebok did this year, other than they have the vector and league logo on the front of the jersey and the CHL logo on rear middle hem.

The weird thing i've noticed with the AHL replicas...well the Quad City Flames Replica's at least.

The front crest is sewn together with twill like the authentics, unlike the NHL replica's...

But yes, the shoulders are single layered with all the detail printed on.

Just to piggyback this thread a bit, would you guys who own them say the AHL/CHL premiers are better quality than the NHL versions, or the same (or worse)? I'd like to add a San An Rampage jersey but I've never seen a non-gamer authentic for sale.

The material seems a little thinner to me on the AHL/CHL jerseys, but I prefer the way that the shoulder patches are on these versus the NHL ones. However, the crests do seem to fray at the edges on these. White ones show the wear much worse. But no jock tag is a big plus.

• 1 year later...

I just got a Lake Erie Monsters replica over the weekend..one thing I noticed is that they now only have one shoulder patch, the Avalanche logo. There is no M alternate logo on the left shoulder anymore.

When did this change?

I just got a Lake Erie Monsters replica over the weekend..one thing I noticed is that they now only have one shoulder patch, the Avalanche logo. There is no M alternate logo on the left shoulder anymore.

When did this change?

It is because they are wearing a 5th anniversary patch on the left shoulder this season. Will the "M" return next year? I really don't know. All of the new replicas they are selling, plus the authentic black thirds, have a blank left shoulder. And they currently are not selling the 5th anniversary patch separately.

Thanks for the info! At first I thought it may have been a mistake. Do you know if they sell the M patches separately?

No they do not.

• 1 month later...

I have a Hershey Bears Alzner premier, and to me the front crest was of a lot nicer than the crest of some of the NHL premiers I own/have seen. My only issue was the Caps logo on the shoulder is kinda big and I haven't been able to find an embroider patch that I can sew over it (National Emblem one is too small). I was able to find the HB Bears patch however.