Mats Sundin

LeafsFan83

Not just because I'm a leafs fan, but, I believe Mats Sundin is a great player and a wonderful captain/leader.

He hit a significant milestone lately, and in style.

3 Goals : Hat trick, 500th Career Goal, Shorthanded in Overtime

Now, in Leaf Land we get lots of rumours and such.

One of the rumours floating around is that Mats needs adequate wingmates on his line to produce effectively.

Do you think this is true? What's your opinion on the winger situation? Whats your opinion on Mats himself?

Feel free to discuss.

Not just because I'm a leafs fan, but, I believe Mats Sundin is a great player and a wonderful captain/leader.

He hit a significant milestone lately, and in style.

3 Goals : Hat trick, 500th Career Goal, Shorthanded in Overtime

Now, in Leaf Land we get lots of rumours and such.

One of the rumours floating around is that Mats needs adequate wingmates on his line to produce effectively.

Do you think this is true? What's your opinion on the winger situation? Whats your opinion on Mats himself?

Feel free to discuss.

I feel like Mats has spent too much of his career being a selfless player. He's never taken enough shots, or carried the puck himself enough. He could have 600+ goals now if he'd shot the puck more. The problem has been that Mats always been supplied with wingers who are expected to score and so he's tried to support them and set them up for success. What I think Mats really needs, however, is a playmaking winger, alla Ales Hemsky to set him up and let him shine. He's always been a star, but he could have been a much brighter one if he hadn't been such a team player. It's like he was perfect to a fault. The ideal captain, leader, franchise player and teammate. He could have hogged the puck a little bit more and gone for personal glory once in a while and I think it really would have paid off. I have a lot of respect for the way Mats Sundin has handled his career though, definitly a great hockey player.

Ales Hemksy eh? Sounds good to me! :D

Yeah... good luck to you on that one. I think Hemsky will be in Edmonton for quite a while, but Sundin could sure use a similar player on his wing. I'd like Mats to be the guy everyone is looking to get the puck to for once, instead of watching him work as the set-up guy.

I like wellwood on that line, he can set it up real good. We just need an extra winger who can "Get R Done"

This is true. With a little more experience and a bit of polish, Wellwood could easily be the right guy to compliment Sundin. For the team's depth however, I would rather see Wellwood setting up Steen on a second line. The Leafs need depth right now.

Like who? Who do you think fits there nice?

I'd personally like to see maybe Petr Nedved up there. He's in a bit of a slump, but you never know. He has a sort of "potential"

Like who? Who do you think fits there nice?

I'd personally like to see maybe Petr Nedved up there. He's in a bit of a slump, but you never know. He has a sort of "potential"

Nedved's on waivers... so you could have him if you want lol. I think you need someone more like Derek Roy or Jochen Hecht. Maybe a Max Afinogenov, considering how much attention he draws and how many assists he racks up (despite being tagged as an under-achieving goal scorer). You can't have any of them though. They're ours, in Buffalo. :P

What if we offer you Wade Belak? That's an offer no one can refuse.

Well, then you can have all three!

Erm, I mean, Wade who? (I know who, but... you get the point).

Oh, I get it :P.

Wade Belak is garbage. He played one shift tonights game and I never saw him again - literally.

But, I like the idea of those three players coming to Toronto?

Care for the lackluster likes of Antropov, Belak and Tellqvist?

I will end my sarcasm here.

Belak! ha ha, wiping the tears man..hilarious.

I don't want Finny in Toronto, I'm not a huge Toronto fan but my wife is hardcore. We have our battles from time to time. Finny in Toronto would break my heart.

Now a line with Tanguay and Afinogenov has me interested.

I have Tanguay in my pool right now, and so far he isn't producing. Havlat, and the sabre players involved in the pool are just KILLING me.

Belak! ha ha, wiping the tears man..hilarious.

I don't want Finny in Toronto, I'm not a huge Toronto fan but my wife is hardcore. We have our battles from time to time. Finny in Toronto would break my heart.

Now a line with Tanguay and Afinogenov has me interested.

I like Max just where he is.